Dunes of Desolation

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Sep 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is why I said
    And I still haven't been testing it properly since this event is ... well how to say ... mother of all grinding.

For those who said this event is interesting and fun ... I must burst your bubble. Let me make a simple calculation how much grinding you would need to finish one quest.
    Subject of observation: Ghost Hunting.

[​IMG]

1. you will need to enter Temple of Agony and you will need to buy Dust Cloth. If you are lucky only one if not for all urns in the map :)
    2. You will need to kill 1000 monsters ... and there are something like 80 in the map. That is something like 13 runs. Each run needs a key for the map.
    3. Then you will need to get 100 fragments ... average drop is 7-8 fragments per run. That means you will have to make something like 15 runs = 15 keys.
    4. Another Dust cloth.
    5. Here comes the best part ... then you will need to collect 100 frags (skeletons) from archers and warriors.
    there are 3 groups of skeletons in the map ... the average drop is something like 3 frags per run. That means you will have to make 34 runs.
    I will calculate only the keys needed for completion
    That is 1+13+15+34 = 49 runs = 49 keys
    1 key costs 300 Bone Coins or 1300 andermant :)

A reward for your effort is an Ancient Mystical Box that most probably will drop any tier 1 event unique items like Antonia's Timeshifted Amulet or any PW tier 1 item and items like those from Vargulf's Legacy set. :cool:

And we are talking about one quest ...

Sorry man i don't do videos ... but everything I know about this event will be available at Wiki.

semen470 likes this.
  2. .proba.

.proba. Forum Apprentice

If I count corectly there is 15 urns on the map. And this is only in time of sandstorm because Fahid is no longer on the map..... and one cloth is 100 bone coins (as repair scroll needed for quest on another map). BUT I have both quest and last two days only cloth can be find in Fahid inventori.... no repair scroll :(

And If anybody think that event is not whole day havy grind..... just take a look on traders price that was cut down :).

[​IMG]

3. DeadDragon123

DeadDragon123 Forum Apprentice

Rewards aren t worth the effort but i hope they will tweak it a little before release.

4. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Sounds like yet another grindfest. In reading the closed thread regarding the same topic some of you have mentioned that people were getting these items and then melting/selling for the given values. What purpose does this serve? Is this so one can say I have the best toon on the test server?

This to me is like a dwarf using mouthwash as no one will know or care...

trakilaki likes this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I have got this http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sargon's_Immortal_Shadow_Weaponry

30 minutes ago they removed all the gold, GoPs and gems from all the players ... i lost everything as well :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.