End bosses

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by rogue07, Jul 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

Does anyone know if end bosses in pw (grimmag, heredur, herald, etc) do physical damage or elemental damage?
    I do know there's an elemental enchantment circle beneath their feet, but at the same time there's just no way to tell if their normal/special attacks are doing physical or elemental damage...

asking this because, I'll have to choose between resistance or armor soon. dont care for mobs, just want a bit of extra survivability at end bosses.

2. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

Each does a certain type of elemental damage such as Grim does fire, arachna poison, heredur ice etc.

3. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

1) heredur normal attacks in melee range
    is this an ice based attack or is it physical?

2) grimmag basic fireball
    is this a normal SW fireball or is it physical?

3) arachna melee attack
    is this a poison based attack or physical?

4) bearach melee attack
    lightning based or physical?

5) khalys uh...
    i dont even know, ander magic?

6) herald melee attacks
    fire or physical?

7) sigris attacks
    ice or normal?

8) mortis skele dragan attacks
    andermagic? idk.. or physical?

i know i just made a redundant list, but I honestly want to know, because i dont want to waste a ton of pristines, gold and time on making full armor shoulder - then realize its been elemental damage all along and then have to start over and make resistance instead

4. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

I think the melee attacks are rather a combo (like some characters have "turn 50% of x dmg into fire dmg)
    a way to test it would be to go 0 res and get 1 hit , then put res on and see the difference.

5. anolajen

anolajen Someday Author

rogue : base spellweaver fireball deal 50% physical 50% fire (unless there was some change)

did some tests with two resistance amounts 11% and 59 % so affected dmg should be doubled with less than 1% difference in armor

i skipped grimmag as its damage seems to be extremely variable + might be 50/50 as player fireball making any tests complicated

- bearach
    " whirlwind charge ? " = no visible change in damage
    -meelee hit = no visible change
    -lightning from wolf = +60-50% dmg
    -bees 27,5k on normal in single hit up from usual 10-12k so more than doubled
    - AOE lightning = +- doubled but seems to have highly variable damage

heredur
    -meelee ( that weaker doublehit ) = no change
    -that slower stronger smash for higher dmg he does = no change

not tested
    -that ranged "ice star " he throws
    -archers ( didnt summonned any)
    -ice explosions

bonus :
    archers from q1 went up from 1200-1500 to 1747-2243 so fire res affect them but its far from expected damage ( probably 50/50 fire +physical or 60/40 who knows ... just mix )

- so in conclusion ... meelee skills seems to be 100% physical ... spells magical
    (likely to be boss specific element - heredur =ice ,khalys = andermagic .... lightning for bees would be weird so maybe exception ? :D maybe thats why q3 ring doesnt have boss specific resist but hp bonus ?)
    and archers with burning projectiles mix of both (probably same case with frost archers and lightning wolf)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  6. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Grimm fire
    Arachna poison
    heredur ice
    mortis armor
    bearach lightning
    khalys andermagic
    Herold fire
    Sigris Ice
    For the fun of it
    future gorga will most likely be poison, medusa I have no idea

The thing is many mobs have armor based attacks and resistance, I would make shoulder pads 3 res 1 armor if you can or 2/2. Unless your dk and want block rate the at least 2 on block rate and other 2 maybe armor and 1 resis.

7. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

medusa i think will be andermagic or lightning

true about the shoulders.

8. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

i got the data from the database of the client:

Grimmag: fireball and meteor 70% fire and 30% physical, the other ones all fire

Arachna: strike and netshot 50% poison and 50% physical, the other ones all poison

Heredur: strike and doublestrike 50% ice and 50% physical, the other one all ice

Bearach: strike and tornado 50% lightning and 50% physical, lightningstrike 100% lightening, other one all physical

Khalys: there are a lot of different names, however the beam is 100% darkmagic and other beams are 25% darkmagic (somethings are 50% but i do not recognize them)

Herald: flameorb and multimeteor are 50% physical, 25% fire and 25% darkmagic; nova is 33% fire and 67% darkmagic, stirke and swing are 50% fire and 50% physical

Sigrismarr: frostorb and projectiles are 50% ice, 25% lightning and 25% physical; frostwind and nova are 75% ice and 25% lightning; melee (i don't know what it referes to) is 25% ice and lightning and 50% physical

Mortis: meteor (i think is the breath) is 50% physical and 50% darkmagic, other strikes are 100% physical

Medusa: all 100%physical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.