Bug Event Bug

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by Sahem7ReT0, Mar 2, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Sahem7ReT0

Sahem7ReT0 Forum Greenhorn

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is not a bug ... you need to play on higher difficulties

Sahem7ReT0 likes this.
  3. .iulian96.

.iulian96. Forum Apprentice

That means low lvl characters cant finish the event? thats bad :(

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  4. heror

heror Forum Baron

The game is not meant to be low lv played. we do not need twinks

ΣMiwel likes this.
  5. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You can get great rewards, including Runes of Relentlessness, already on the low level.
    Even if they enabled all the bars in the normal/painful difficulty... no regular, leveling toon would be able to complete all of them. It wouldn't have enough realm fragments, and it'd require immense amounts of time.
    This means that only twinks would get it... and we don't want twinks to rip even bigger rewards than they can rip as of now. We don't want level 20-25 characters with gear at level 60, with great gems and runes, with filled collector's bag and with the strongest of pets upgraded to the legendary rarity.
    So, again: events with their regular, good rewards available to leveling toons, but the max rewards, which are unobtainable for leveling toons anyways, kept far from twinks.

6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Wait; what? How the hell did y'all make the jump from low levels or weak 55s not being able to finish the event to Twinks? Not that I mind a little twink bashing but lets at least keep it real.
    Stuff like runes and pets are useless in pvp so how does that benefit twinks. And the fact that events, in general, are off limits to twinks since xp blocking was removed. Heck, even the cash twinks cannot buy draken any more (via unlucky spheres) so they can just do one run in events and buy uniques from the vendor... which, btw, is pointless nowadays since the new pvp makes most of that gear worthless.

So yeah, I do feel for this (a little anyway ;))
    for a couple of reasons.
    • the way things have been going lately it could be a year or more until we see this event again.
    • it encourages more of the "carry me" type of gameplay that I am not really fond of.
    ofc, I am not talking about brand new level 20ish toons but level 40-somethings to new lvl 55s. Most of whom should have enough RF to do an event like this when it comes along.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

"Everything was good until" your carry left and you had to do a difficulty you could handle?
    Less people begging for carries.
    More incentive to level up.
    Effort and time playing is being rewarded.

Nope... that's all good. :)

ΣMiwel likes this.
  8. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

That's TS though, so I really doubt that "carry" thing.
    In the old (or maybe not-so-old, a few years ago anyways) times... when I was leveling... I didn't have spheres for one moon event.
    Even many of the max level people were doing a moon event once a few months due to sphere drop rate.
    I agree that was bad. However, now the leveling characters have enough spheres to do quite a bit of the event.
    As I said:

9. .iulian96.

.iulian96. Forum Apprentice

i dont know i just want that black lizard mount :) but u need inf III for that , im 55 btw but i cant play all day to melt items and combine for gold lines etc. i have others thinks to do im just casual, so lets say i wana play inf.III that means i need to cry for help from other players that most certanly will kick me out :) . I understand u want something that rewards only ones that played a lot and make u feel good about that noobs noobs cant reach...ps: my english is trash

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Don't worry, there are still loads of events for casuals. The moon events immediately come to mind.
    Plus, if you don't have time to build a character that could handle Infernal III as a productive member of the group, what makes you think you'll have the time to get through the first six progress bars to even have a shot at the black lizard? Strength may be one important part, but even having the time you need is important too.
    It's not about having something that noobs can't reach... it's about players who've been playing long and hard being rewarded. More hard work should mean more and better rewards, but for too long, events have been built solely to be easily attainable for anyone and the only advantage for older players has been the speed with which they can attain those rewards.

I'm sure that it will be fine for that player when the event goes live, but I've never been impressed by "Testers" who don't understand the basics of testing and then freak out about a bug that isn't a bug. The icon on the left of the bar and the fact that they had progress in that bar means they had been doing it right, but then switched difficulties. Then they didn't even realize the correlation between them doing an easier difficulty and the progress no longer counting towards the bar they were on.

TwiliShadow likes this.