Fixing the Arena

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by scmn, Feb 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

what do you think would help the arena reinvigorate the best?

1. computer controlled players

100.0%
  2. new maps

100.0%
  3. new quests/events

33.3%
  4. environmental anomalies (weather, status change, even terrain change)

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scmn

scmn Forum Apprentice

There doesn't seem to be enough activity in the arena. Not enough interest to do even team death matches, i could be signed up for one all day and play 2 rounds. There should maybe be computer controlled warriors to fill in the gaps. There could be new maps, quests, even entire events for it to thrive again, there are plenty enough kinds of matches to satisfy for now but there's not much meat on that bone!

2. -SirMadMan-

-SirMadMan- Someday Author

Maybe a), but mostly e), f), g) and h).

The biggest issues are this:
    1) Tegan and Balor in particular: insufficient players. Even the more active guilds are lucky to have more than half a dozen players online at once. For their character in that guild, at least. They may be using one of their other characters. But the available pool for PvP on these two servers is small.
    2) Because it is stuffed. PvP is 1-hit kill. Or close to it. Top end damage players can take out most others with 1-2 hits from a distance. No real skill required - just spam hits + stuns. Also, there is no cap on runspeed. Put a midget in fast boots with speed gems embedded and good luck trying to get the flag off him/her in Iron Midget mode - ditto off a fast tanky-tank.
    3) Hacks/bots/cheats/glitches. Too many opportunities for players to make use of external apps to boost stats or abuse game glitches to boost stats. We had a couple of large bot ban waves a couple of years back. But it seems that nothing has been done lately to detect these cheaters, let alone penalise them. And other cheat apps have popped up since then too. Along with the commonly reoccurring item set bonus exploits. And the sheep farming. In short: too many cheats.
    4) Events, PvE Leaderboards, etc. Essentially, other aspects of the game drawing player's attention. Which is great. But it does reduce the number of people playing PvP.

EhtovK likes this.
  3. scmn

scmn Forum Apprentice

okay, so computer controlled players aren't out of the realm of good ideas, and like i said adding new content to the arena like maps, quests, and events could possibly breathe new life into it, although i'm not knowledgeable enough about OP issues and hacking crisis to really combat those issues, you brought new issues to my attention with that, thanks for all your input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.