Feedback Forum Events

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by UndergroundKiller, Aug 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

(as an example) Gnob, the baker of Dracania

I don't understand why you encourage copy-paste...

(I know it's just a forum contest, but tbh I can't get the point of chosing winners out of those who watched the thread, saw 4 players writing the same answer, and then copied it... it's the same as if a teacher would be fine to see a student copying from another one o_O)

edit:
    it would be more "fair" to select one winner out of the first 5 and the others from the remaining users..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @UndergroundKiller ,
    I understand how you feel and I agree with you.
    I agree, the first correct answer should be always rewarded. I will talk to our team and do everything I can in order to make this rule to be "unofficial rule" for the future contents.

Cheers.

Bubble and UndergroundKiller like this.
  3. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

even this would be fine :oops: :

4. gun

gun Forum Great Master

IMHO, the best mechanic would be to email the answer:)

5. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Well, I get a kick out of figuring out the answer, even if I don't post it.

The same thing happens on any Facebook event. Some people will figure out the answer and others will be a lemming and copy/paste. The first few people who respond may not be correct and then the cast of lemmings copies the wrong answer. Always funny to watch.

I do think email may be a better route if the rewards are significant. Otherwise, I think posting them here is dandy.

Thanks to the English team for putting these forum events together. They are fun. :)

6. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

well i can understand your feelings. But if the winner writes after you it does not mean for certain that he has copied your answer, even if it may be possible. I agree in the changing of modality too. However: i won the competition but did not receive anything yet.

7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Thank-you a lot for your comments! They are very very important for us. We always want to improve our events and keep them so funny and fair as possible.

I do agree with this suggestion too. We will be implementing it in the future events, I will do everything in order to make it an official rule :D

Hey there @gun & @Dragonnns ,

I suggested that exactly because I noticed that we were promoting a copy/paste exercise. We tried that strategy for 2 events, but... we registered a lower participation rate. It is not my goal when creating events having not many people participating. That result can be explained, in my opinion:
    • For the 'bad' rewards (not so much attractive like Gnob, the baker one) - see below events' typology;
      • Count/guess events - lower event rewards due to the lower difficulty rate;
      • Creative events - events that are related with content production, so they are better rewarded;
      • Note: in this case, Gnob, the baker event is pretended to be a good event in order to celebrate an anniversary and to thank to community to be here with us ;)
    • People were not aware of an event running (most likely). It is always good to see people posting (often) in Participation thread :)
    • Lack of transparency. It can happen that people do not trust in anything that creates "second-ways" of participating.

So, we can try in the future that strategy with better rewards. I am afraid of having the same degree of participation :(

That's one of my arguments too. Assuming that everyone after the first post with the right answer copied/pasted it, it's a wrong assumption.
    You'll receive your rewards soon. Keep calm ;)

Cheers and thank-you a lot for your input.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Demon likes this.
  8. gun

gun Forum Great Master

More thought about first correct answer in the thread have it weakness.
    It is the time zone and/or the routine of member when they usually visit the forum.

It's been mechanic in facebook sometimes. Whenever I saw the event, it's already being answered like 800 times :D. The event clearly stated that 5 first correct answer will win the price, yet the 6th and beyond still answering though the 5th winner already been announced.

But whatever the mechanic is I always enjoy the events & thank you very much to let us having it. It's fun:).

9. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

I'd also opt for the email version of the competitions, but my concerns are different- privacy - I don't want some people to know my char's name :/

10. I assume you receive a lesser participation rate when using email is because people are just too lazy.

My suggestion is keep it the way it is, however make it so only moderators can see people's answer. This obviously would only work on forum though.

11. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Here is a solution that I think may best solve the problem... if it is doable.

On the original announcement post have a "Answer" link that opens a reply box. When that person presses the post, it "vanishes" to a locked thread which gets opened at end so all can read the guesses and neat answers that got posted. Then the winners should be the first correct answer in each time zone after the posting time. Explanation example: question is posted at 6pm cest, so answers must be posted after 6pm in your local time zone.

My next suggestion is on the name this map: entries should be a screen shot of the character in the spot asked for, name of map should not matter or be stated. Then every person who enters has to prove they know the location.

12. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I like your other ideas but this one is tough because it requires my schedule to match the schedule of the moderator posting the thread. Maybe I read the boards at 6pm, not 6am. I shouldn't be penalized based on my free time to play and post. I think just randomizing the winners by pulling the name out of (virtual) hat works.

Another option is to have all correct answers win something. That something would be smaller for events where copy/paste could be an issue. Say 500 blue essence and a 2 day emote for a potential copy/paste event verses 1,000 anderment and 500 red essence for an email one.

These should be fun things to do and, at least for me, the rewards should not be something too extravagent. Otherwise those who don't win will feel that they worked for something, got the right answer, and lost big time. If I don't get 500 blue essense, it won't ruin my day. If I don't get 1 million anderment, that might be more of an issue.

wolfie54 likes this.
  13. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I would just like to point out that these events are not difficult. Count up to 200. Guess the map. The difference between actually working them out and copy/paste is only a couple minutes at most. So what's the big deal?

These events are essentially a raffle with some very minor qualifications. In fact ~80% of all the entries on these are disqualified due to the active forum member rule.

I first saw this latest event 10 minutes after it was posted. I copied the image into Paint and moved on to other new posts. Typically I use these events to exercise my inner comedian :D But Traki's funny was just too good for me to compete with so on the last day I decided to post a legit entry. And, yeah, I was one of the winners :)

I see one of the goals of these forum events as encouraging forum participation. Doing anything that makes them more restrictive or complicated seems counterproductive.

I have no problem with a prize for the first correct answer. This is simple. If the posting time of these events is randomized then it's still going to be a reward based on luck.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

trakilaki likes this.
  14. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

I kept my word. All rewards have been booked, including the player with the first correct answer.

Cheers.

UndergroundKiller and MikeyMetro like this.
  15. flodder

flodder Regular

So i think the first 5 players should get a prize, I'm the second with the right answer and no rewards!

16. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Sometimes people can't hang out on the forum. I thin 1st person and that's it. Forumaholics will get everything if what you are suggesting. I am not saying you are "flodder".

17. flodder

flodder Regular

Nice that you are telling me what you are thinking " Forumaholics get everything" :D

18. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

OP's question has been answered, closing the thread.

Cheers.

---CLOSED---​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.