Found PVP to be a bit warpped

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Critterden, Dec 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Critterden

Critterden Forum Greenhorn

Thank for the other thread about the Mech. class being unbalanced. I just tried PVP battle ground for the 1st time. Found nothing but Mech. class and couldn't even get near them. I came here to figure out what I was doing wrong. Then I read the only other thread here that say the balance is out with the Mech. class, it is known. I guess if it's known it's not planned to be fixed? Thank for letting me know. I will not play PVP at all, might just move on totally. Thanks for the info.

2. JabaRune

JabaRune Forum Apprentice

Hi, I'm new so I won't try to give you advice vs mechanics, but don't give up just because you faced a bunch of them today. I have 250 1v1's played and overall I don't think I run into one class more than the others. You're probably fighting the same 2-3 players each time because there aren't that many people on at your lvl. If you try again later you will probably get to play vs other people and other classes.

I actually had the same issue at one point. I lost something like ~20 times to two different mechanics in a 40minute span. They flamed me in Spanish quite a bit but it was ok because I got a couple wins and learned a lot from the experience.

Some things to keep in mind:
    1. You might have worse gear than them which automatically gives them the advantage regardless of their class. That's just the nature of pvp in MMOs where you aren't just given max gear for pvp.
    2. If you're new to pvp, or just new to the game, you will probably lose a lot just because you aren't as good at it.
    3. If you're new to the game then you probably will have a hard time figuring out if you're losing because of a skill gap, gear gap or because your class is countered by theirs. You can't do anything about the third, so focus on improving your skill and gear.
    4. Low lvl pvp is different from max lvl pvp. Which classes have an advantage will change as you lvl up and everyone unlocks different skills. The game developers probably don't try to balance pvp for all of the lvl brackets... Also, twinks exist so...

Even if you aren't really interested in pvp, it's probably worth it to complete the daily pvp challenges. I get about 20-22k Badges of honor for completing them which is 20 green pieces of equipment of my choice... very helpful for crafting and searching for gold lines. You can buy other things with badges too.

The game has a lot to offer besides the pvp and you probably won't get the full enjoyment out of the pvp until you get good gear which takes a long time. If you like other parts of the game, I'd stick around. Pvp will be more fun once you have a stronger character, I think. I enjoy it even with my characters strength, although not nearly as much as I enjoy other parts of the game.

cdeepal likes this.
  3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Great reply Jaba. Well thought out and summarizes the whole thing in a nutshell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.