Frygon's Path of Fire

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by RKmeldor, Feb 23, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKmeldor

RKmeldor Forum Apprentice

Frygon's Path of Fire: I cannot get into this dungeon and I have checked every city and I do not have anyting left except reocrruing quests, and the destructor quest which I never could finish becuase i used up the two bombs i had gotten completing a different quests. The only other quest i have left that is non reocurring is one i cannot finish defending the guy in the middle of Oceanus's Opal Shrine. Does anyone have any ideas how i might be able to proceed in this game without being able to finish these two quests which I do not seem powerful enough to complete, thanks

---MERGED---

Update: Just to make sure I went to all cities to find out if I had missed any quests, and found one in still water pay, where my first quest was to find GrandPa Jovus(sp) i signed up for that quest and went back to Cradle of Frost (the map changed three times) and now he no longer seems to be where wikia said he was supposed to standm and guess it is possible since I have completed all quests in that area, including the ones with the priest.. So again I am stuck. Is there some other way to trigger or get the key tablets to this area?

Last edited by moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  2. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

I'm 99% sure that's the quest you need to finish in order to proceed, you might want to get someone to help you finish that particular quest and tell us the outcome, the quest you're looking for is Blazing Paths, which will be given to you by Kaylin Lefrye inside of the Oceanus Opal Shrine, hopefully after you cleared Pure as Water 6/6 (Defending the Guardian).

Also, I think you're misguided on this one, you might want to check the guide on how to deal with Destructor HERE.

The bombs you required are provided from the boss map itself and they're infinite.

Hope it helps.

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

If you are by yourself doing Destructor, it is VERY important to keep him towards the entrance where the two pile of bombs are. When he goes back to recharge, you must grab one of those bomb stacks and get to the "connected" generator and click on the generator before it gets below 7 seconds in order to destroy the generator. If you don't do this, is can be a near endless battle unless you can do massive damage in a short time.

I once, after getting Destructor to half health, did Meteor followed immediately by Destruction. Because of Meteor's time delay both hit at the same time, both were critical hits, and thus destroyed Destructor with 3 generators still intact. I've did that twice, the first time had only two generators destroyed. :)
    I was very pleased with myself. ;) I have a screen shot, if anyone is interested.

P.S. After you succeed in killing Destructor, you WILL need help defending Janus Fox. Bring at least two other people as the enemies sheer numbers gets rediculous. They are pissed at her and come in full fury. It truly is not "waves", but a frick'en flood.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  4. RKmeldor

Having been a solo player throughout this game, and being a ranger with pretty nice bow 482 damage and 50% critical, I have done pretty good till i started trying to get this Kaylin Lefrye quest inside of the Oceanus Opal Shrine. I have ben loading up on anti-poison and trying to defend that mechanical in the center of map for weeks now and gotten pretty good at distracting one of the two mechanicals and killing it, but by the time i get back to defend the main character, he is almost dead, and I have no chance saving him. Hitting 450-900 on each hit, makes me think I can eventually do this alone, but almost seems mathmatically impossible at this point..

I am still trying to get someone to come in and help me, but most i see while i am online are either unable, unwilling or don't speak english. I do understand that not everyone jas the needed materials to get through the poisoned waters, so I keep going back to try to defend the guy in middle of Oceanus Opal Shrine, but have pretty much resigned myself to hope the quest shows up when i hit level 49, or continue the game never getting these last few areas to open up... My only hope would be some magic from the dev gods at this point (i think)

I appreciate the help, and advice (above) to defeat the destructiure, my only other remaining open quest. THat will at least give me something to do. I did get there, and finally found the bombs and destroyed a reactor, but oops, was still sitting there when it exploded, lol. Think i will head over there for another try. That you all for the great advice above, Very kind of you both

5. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

What server do you play in?

TwiliShadow likes this.
  6. RKmeldor

Forgot the name, but it is first listed USA server listed second from the bottom. aka 4th of 5 servers listed ..

7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I'm always up for a round at the Destructor. I'm on Agathon. I'm still looking for the Automated Armguards (which is more likely to drop in Stalgard on the way there, than in the Teleportarium).

And as for the guardian in the center of Opal Shrine, most everyone has help. When I did it, one other was with me, but not in party. Worked out nicely.

That would be Agathon. Seek out out Sirius8lack. :) (SiriusBlack, but with an 8).

EhtovK likes this.
  8. RKmeldor

Yes server Agathon, and I will be online for most of this weekend if anyone wants to try either quest.. currently have bitten destructor down to about 33% twice before he recharged, then I have bitten hit by those red critical bit fuzz ball things.. again.. thank you all

9. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

There you go, nice lad above you is up to lend you a hand it seems, be sure to add him to your friends list, good luck for both of you.

10. RKmeldor

Thanks to kindness of Sirius8lack, I can now SUCCESSFULLY report back with the solution to my original question which was that it does take two people to finish this quest, and it was best to complete them in this order.. Kill the Destructor (never could have done this alone) and then go ahead and take the next VERY HARD quest to Defend Janus, and then finally go and protect that guy in the center of Oceanus. Once you have cleared Pure as Water 6/6 (Defending the Guardian) Blazing Paths, will appear, given to me by Kaylin Lefrye.... Again many thanks to Sirius8lack for all your help (and your 7-8 resurrections). You have allowed me the pleasure of continuing with the game... I always believe in paying it forward, so if anyone else needs help with either of these quests, let me know... be glad to help

dkarl and EhtovK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.