Game Font?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by TwiliShadow, Feb 11, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Does anyone know what font the game uses? I'm trying to understand Alt characters before I rebuild my SM. Or fix any character name for that matter.

I've searched and searched and searched. There is abosolutely nothing on what characters are allowed. Or what Font is used.

The only thing I found is the very very vauge "Name can't be something offensive.", which is very open to interpretation. I know people who _want_ to be offended by everything. Personnally, I'm offended by all the run-on names (those multiword names without spaces or underscores and no second name capitalization) *** sorry, got side tracked ***

Anyway, I'm trying to determine the font so I can see what characters I can actually have in my characters name. Anyone?

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't know about the font ... but it is not the font you are looking for.
    It is your OS keyboard support and the special Alt characters.

VukChe likes this.
  3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Here is a link to some of them.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I've found many lists of Alt Codes online. Plus there is the Character Map (Windows). What shows up very much depends on which Font is actually being displayed and which character set.
    One would logically think that what is displayed depends on what Fonts you have installed. However, I have a suspicion that they are using their own created Font (being downloaded) with a very limited character set. I've gotten different results typing an alt code in the game vs out of the game.

5. It is not related to fonts installed, but rather keyboards installed. You can get many of the characters via alt codes, but some can only be gotten if you have that language's keyboard installed. For example, the easiest way to use Cyrillic is if you have a Cyrillic keyboard mod installed which maps all of your English keys to characters in the Cyrillic alphabet.

6. trakilaki

It is not the font ... the font is related to the character appearance.
    You must install another input language

[​IMG]

or use the alt characters.
    However ... not all characters are working with the other scripts.

VukChe likes this.
  7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I only have 1 language installed.
    So explain how I get different characters when using Alt+ in game than on the rest of my computer.

8. trakilaki

I don't know how you will do it ... but i am doing it with "Shift+Alt" :D

VukChe likes this.
  9. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

No, no, no, no.
    When I press "Alt+#" on my computer, I'm getting different results than when I press "Alt+#" in the game. Same number, different results. Only one language installed.

10. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

I think DSO uses unicode code instead Windows and other OS uses standard ISO (like ISO 8859-1 for western europe)
    so you can see differences when use ALT+#

11. trakilaki

Alt+Shift requires more than one language keyboard support installed on your PC ... don't have time for explanations but you can visit this page http://www.asciitable.com/

VukChe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.