Feedback GAME REBALANCING FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by DSO Production Team, Apr 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

Well, it's all very nice as you say, thank goodness there's a set of q7 haha. but you forget something very important, hunters recover almost triple the vapor/concentration of a dwarf and the wizard 4 times. :)

In 10 seconds
    The dwarf = 2*10= 20-30 steam
    The hunter = 8*10 = 80 concentration
    The Wizard = 12*10 = 120 mana

Add to that the hunter has, adrenaline that fills his concentration completely, the magician has teleportation that fills his mana completely, by the way abilities that are returned to use again in 20 and 10 seconds, imagine when they use time reducing runes, I don't think they have a lack of steam/mana/adrenaline to use their abilities again.

By the way it's very curious what you say, although the turrets return 30 of steam at the end of the 10 seconds, but if we didn't have it with what we're going to attack later, we'd be watching while the others kill for us? in fact, now with the great idea of the turrets destroyed this ability will be affected for many moments. :confused:

But like I said, at least this group is better, so don't be surprised if it now increases the groups of 4 dwarves and a tank. :D

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

One of the reasons for this is that a dwarf ability for 50 steam is much better than any other classes for 50. The damage in total output from 1 machine gun turret far outclasses everything else, assuming you leave it running for all 10 seconds. I don't mean to say that dwarf steam regen is in a good spot, but there is certainly a good reason why it should be low.

3. heror

heror Forum Baron

This whole statement is bonkers and useless , what if a newbie in the game reads this as a source of info? He will think the dwarfs are useless which is soooo wrong. Dwarf regens low while mages so much ? maybe there is logic behind it ? Unlike dwarfs or rangers we dont have really that strong 1 hit atack , nor overtime dmg atack , so we have to endlessly replenish our mana in order to atack except magic missle we have nothing else that doesnt cost mana ( ice missle and thats all but they are pretty much the " basic " skills which serve purpose to give us the resorces to use the powerfull skill i put them in 1st category). Rangersd have q7 which makes their EA cost 0 + 150 inc dmg. Dwarf heavy shot costs 0 mages uhhhhhh all dmg skills cost mana ( i dont consider the stun ability since its dmg is low and its meant to be a stun / free of effect skill ) so therefore mages without that base mana regen are pretty much garbage because we wont even have the chance to use the powerfull skills.

And since i see you are saying about cd runes, dont you know that there is a bug for the mage that makes with almosty max runes teleport cd to be 7 seconds instead of 4.5 so it makes them useless for us.

The whole problem is that you cant change your playstile. Basic atacks and heavy shot are gonna be the main skills, not the turret spam for days . So start creating your uquie playstile , and trust me the game will ge soo much more interesting rather than spamming i dont have this rangers and mages have it . If you want to be bound by the meta you will be, if you dont want to there are plenty of ways to go around.

If we take into consideration this
    n 10 seconds
    The dwarf = 2*10= 20-30 steam
    The hunter = 8*10 = 80 concentration
    The Wizard = 12*10 = 120 mana

Ok lets say dwarfs also get 12 steam per sec ? Then this will make playing dwarf pretty much 2 buttons for 4 secs you have a new 50 steam to use turret so on bosses left click for movement and right for turret and that will be it . Dont you think it will be lame as f towards other classes who have to work their asses of to run left and right just to have "a chance" to atack and you have it for granted and now you want it permaspam ?

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  4. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

No No, because in the normal server the tactical turret still provides steam and that compensates for everything else, so there has been no complaint about the current steam, so everything I wrote would not work, however now we take away the steam that gives us the tactical turret and the skills remain as they are, what do I have to compensate for that lack that we will have to regenerate steam now?

Yes, the heavy shot will be our best attack, but that doesn't mean we don't have a steam regenerator like the other classes, I didn't say I'll only use turrets, that's absurd. Now that you say it in less than 3 weeks it took me less than 3 weeks to create a critical dwarf something decent, instead it took me months to increase my attack speed haha, so I'm not worried about that, I'm not complaining about the damage, I'm talking exclusively about a steam/mana/concentration regenerator.

No No. 12 second steam is too much, that's just as valid for haha magicians, with 8 as the hunter would solve many problems :D

5. Kaydranzer

Kaydranzer Someday Author

Dont try to talk some sense into him/her, i tried it too and failed.

It really explains everything, when dwarfs can outperform every other damage dealer in the game EVEN with garbage steam regeneration capabilities.

You want the same regeneration as a hunter or mage? Fine, then your skill damage has to be halved.
    The dmg a dwarf can deal with 50 steam cant compare with 50 concentration or 50 mana. Mages need roughly 350-500 mana to deal the damage a dwarf can deal with 50 steam.

I like how you wont stop asking for steam regeneration for the dwarf...you wont get it back and keep asking for it wont help either.
    Deal with it.

Jhinstalock likes this.
  6. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

Now it turns out that the dwarf is the most damaging pj, it seems that you have not seen a good warrior/hunter. :D:D

By the way if you are going to compare the damage of a dwarf, compare it in those 10 seconds, I am sure that more than 5 attacks can be made in that time. :p

Well I don't think we'll get a steam regenerator now, but in the prox updates I'm sure the order will increase and you'll surely hear our requests. :)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  7. Kaydranzer

Well the ranger lost his cooldown reduction and warrior need the old banner of war to keep up. Only dwarf and mage have consistency when it comes to Q7 Buff. So yes, a dwarf is stronger than ranger and warrior damagewise.

We dont need to compare damage for 10 seconds. Dwarf can have 3 Q7 Buffs in 10 seconds and thats for sure. Ranger can have that too, but it depends on luck...huge luck.

Dwarfs dont have steam regneration for a good reason, this reason is called "balancing".
    The last thing DSO needs is dwarfs being able to maintain 6+turrets permanently. But this will happen with your unreasonable demand.

8. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

Warriors are better at damage, we'll see how it looks after #209

I repeat my complaint goes more for the solo game, that balance mostly only affects our way of playing alone and only us, I repeat play alone, makes us slower than the other classes, I do not speak in group because it does not have with what to regenerate steam can play almost normal, but now the dwarf does not even have any decent distraction to farmear, The surprise dwarf combined very well with the tactical turret, I have towards our companion in the solitary lighthouse, now that they removed their main support, both abilities were almost useless, the cost of steam is 18 for 2 seconds is ridiculous, at least they should lower the cost to 5 of steam or increase the duration time, because now the mini-boos hit very hard and not to mention the fire mini-boos, are almost like a final boos in damage.

So balance, but we are only conditioned in the individual game to a single character, I wonder how that benefits all classes? :confused:

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  9. Kaydranzer

They are not dealing more damage, they are just faster because they can tank.

You are the first dwarf to complain about soloplay being near to impossible, while it isnt.
    Yes, most dwarf abilities are useless, but giving dwarfs more steam regen doesnt solve the problem.
    Guess what, mini bosses will be hard for everyone not only you.

"Nerfing" dwarf let others benefit in a different way. Making the dwarf worse results in other classes being better.
    We dont need Dwarfensang.

C8ilutzu likes this.
  10. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

Talk about damage, not who's faster xd

Look I don't think it's impossible to play like this on the test server, I didn't say that, I mean they'll slow us down, you know that, my gameplay gets slower than on the normal server.

Friend return the tactical turret or give us a skill that will regenerate steam if it solves the problem or you think I'm complaining for pleasure, haha.

Of course the boos will be more difficult, they hit harder, however, almost everyone has less life, now they will drop like flies, only save him the resistance, that's why the game is pushing the group game, I understand and I find acceptable, but in the individual game only worsen the dwarf, that does not seem fair.

The last thing you said, the last thing I'm going to laugh at when #209 comes around, I won't write anymore because I understand myself. :D

11. Kaydranzer

It really seems like you are just complaining for pleasure.
    Crit dwarf were just buffed with turrets dealing critical damage now and dwarf still remains the strongest.
    Rangers were nerfed hard too and mages cant really compete with the others.
    And you still keep thinking that its a nerf, while its not.

Just take this dwarf as an example

Her steam was almost full during the entire run, so there is no reason for additional steam reg.
    Even in group runs, the last time i saw a dwarf using tactical turret..well i cant remember a last time.
    Giving dwarfs more steam reg will make them more broken as they are right now, just think about it.

12. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

dude. im talking about boots wich 9.9 runspeed lines not runes.
    to make things fair i we want them back in loot pool

13. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

Dude, that's the normal server. :D:D:confused:

On top of that the poor dwarf has to use blue and purple essences with 27k of base damage, both for a miserable qs of q3, the easiest boos in the game, but well I don't complain about the damage, I was referring to the time, they slow us down a bit, for example a qs of q3, you can finish in 5-10 minutes, depending on how you move. :)

Of course, your steam will not run out, if you only use 2 mechanical turrets, if they are only support turrets to activate the buff of q7, very valid gameplay when we have critical, however save there are boos with resistances and other skills help a lot, I don't want to limit myself to 2 attacks always, now I use 4-6 turrets, 2 steam turrets, 2 support turrets and 2 damage turrets, I move like lightning when I play like this, xd, although almost never all 6 are activated at the same time hahaha, but now they will make us more bored just for having criticism.... :D:D

14. Kaydranzer

As you mentioned, your playstyle is the problem, not the dwarf.
    If you cant manage your steam pool, its your fault. Thats it.
    You really want to maintain 6 turrets all the time? Keep telling me, that dwarfs got weaker/slower.

Just laughing.

15. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

No.

If I can do it, it's because it's the style of play that was imposed on the character from its inception, at least from lvl50. :)

I have 14 skills, but according to your video you showed, are you telling me that I should only use 2, if I use more I'm doing it wrong? . :D

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  16. Kaydranzer

I didnt tell you anything and its not about your skills either.
    You cant just burn your entire steam and complain afterwards that you have no steam reg.

17. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

And back to the previous point, everyone burns their steam/mana when using their skills, that's normal, there comes the lucky steam/mana regenerator, or even the automatic regeneration, everyone has it, but what happened to my dwarf?, it regenerates 3 times slower, and the other skill that compensated everything (tactical turret) was taken away from me, you want me not to complain? that affects my gameplay, that I have to change it now, yes, it does, it does, but it makes me slower, if I'm going to be stuck to 2 skills all the time even if I'm critical, in fact I'm faster at killing without having critical if I'm going to limit myself to 2 simple skills all the time because if I use other skills I'll run out of steam and I'll have to wait 10 seconds to activate another one...:confused:

But well, it's not all bad, in a group it's different. :)

18. Zardast

Zardast Forum Apprentice

From R209 Patchnotes & Game Rebalancing Guide
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/r209-patchnotes-game-rebalancing-guide.75464/#post-686773

''Other changes for bosses: Bosses can now be stunned. After being stunned the boss will be immune to stunning effects for a few seconds''

I've just tested Frost Wind on Q1 Grimmagg boss and I see that the boss is immune to the stunning effect for more than 30 seconds - did not have the patience to find out if its 35 or 40 secs or more. But it is certainly not 'a few seconds'

Can other testers verify that ? Could still be useful if you can cancel some big attacks but it feels kind of irrelevant if stunning on bosses works so sparsely granted that stunning duration is only a second or less.

19. Kinglight

Kinglight Forum Greenhorn

Replacing the skill Assault will cause a huge disadvantage to the warrior class. It will make it much easier for all other classes to out run us. It's already hard enough to keep up with the running rabbits with high damage.

20. Kaydranzer

What disadvantage? That you can spam charge your opponent to death?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.