Game seems to freeze a lot

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by SeraphimBrony, Jun 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeraphimBrony

SeraphimBrony Forum Greenhorn

It seems that whenever I enter a new area and its been fully rendered, the game seems to freeze and then resume again, it's been doing this repeatedly. My ping is usually around 94 ms, but I don't think that would be bad enough to cause it to just stop and then continue.

2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Hi there! There could be so many different reasons why your game freezes: it could be your GPU's rendering capabilities, yout internet connection, your CPU and so on and so forth. It could have something to do with antivirus software you are currently using or some cloud services running in the background. Try to disable some of the services or play in Game Mode if you can.

3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

The game is likely downloading game elements for that map. Visit each section in turn and wait... then visit another.. do this for each area you plan on playing in. Once all has downloaded, you should be ready to play without delay.

4. SeraphimBrony

If I show my specs, would that help figure out the issue?

5. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hi there SeraphimBrony, could we have a screenshot then please?

6. SeraphimBrony

[​IMG]

as you can see my ping is 74 ms, not high. but so far it has reoccurred yet, just any new locations I visit.

---MERGED---

And here are my current specs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---MERGED---

I Just wanted to be sure if its just me.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  7. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

it could be your GPU , notebooks are a pain. the 4gb RAM and CPU should be able to carry DSO
    but the shared GPU might have trouble when having to process all the textures and details of new maps.
    Try a lower screen resolution (1024x) or reduce the graph details in game - just to see if it gets better

Shine2 likes this.
  8. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Shared GPU do indeed have trouble with processing textures and details of new maps. Lowering screen resolution or/and reducing graphics details may help .Changing Memory Allocation could help too.That 1.6 GHz CPU is a bit slow-ish IMHO in accompany with other components .More RAM in your individual case could help ; I would add 4gb RAM ( check what slots are available and the access to them- some models are easy to add RAM to some others require taking things apart etc.) - not too expensive and may just speed things up...

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

That's a pretty old CPU, and low voltage to boot. My laptop (i7-4700hq with an 860M, 16gb ddr3l ram and 480 gb ssd) and my main desktop (i5-2320 with 750 ti, also 16gm of ddr3 ram, 240 gb ssd) have no issues with the game, but my zbox (a sandy bridge era Celeron 847 or 867 or something like that with integrated gpu, plus 8 gb single channel ddr3l and 256 gb ssd) has a lot of problems and I gave up on that idea (the idea was to play on my couch on the tv).

Your CPU appears to be an ivy bridge era Celeron. Iirc, it is an Ivy bridge architecture and thus it is newer by one generation. However, it is still essentially the same architecture as my zbox and it is a low voltage processor so the clock speeds are even slower than my Celeron. It's gonna be problematic for this game based on my experiences.

Edit: my Celeron is 300 MHz slower than yours, but the architecture and integrate gpu issue still remains.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  10. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Even though your machine specs and connection speed are a bit on the low side the problem here is the 'new' part. Both new maps and new character. Every animation is downloaded into cache the first time it is used. This will cause all these momentary freezes. A lot of these you will not even see since they happen during the freeze.

There are tons of these in the game. A new type of mob attack or mob dying, scenery items that break apart when hit, etc. When you first enter a map and wait until it's fully rendered that's only the static part of the map.

Once all this stuff gets DL'd into cache the problem will go away for the most part (there are still some mystery freezes I get that I have no explanation for other than what @molnijanx said.)

A really good machine and connection will minimize this problem. I have a good basis for comparison. I have two residences. One in the city with a 100mb fiber connection and one about 45 mins away with a 10mb dsl. I have really sweet desktops in both places but my laptop is a bit dated.

Most of the time I'm in my workshop, on my laptop at my place in the boonies. Gaming godz forbid I have to clear my cache to fix some error with this setup 'cause it's freeze, freeze, freeze for days until I get all the stuff DL'd again. This has been somewhat worse since the Tegan server got moved and my ping here went from 35ms to 65ms.

Anyway, I offer this as a probable explanation. Obviously no help since I basically saying that with your current setup you'll just have to live it (unless you upgrade your machine/connection.) Once you get to endgame and are playing a limited number of maps things should be better.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

11. molnijanx

molnijanx Someday Author

yes he is freezing, a have gaming laptop i can play EDIT withaut any freeze and any lag....
    DRO is freezing becose this game have wery wety bad optimization...

P.S. I`m telling truth, is moderators want to delete this pls send me a reason why you doing this not just delete....

Last edited by moderator: Jun 8, 2017
    Arr and bibiaivaldo like this.
  12. bibiaivaldo

bibiaivaldo Forum Greenhorn

same and with me, but i have wery nice PC not a laptop...
    and i think that this game with such low graphics shut have better optimizatin to....

Last edited by moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  13. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

No one is asking the "truth". If you can offer a resolution please do so, if you cannot help the player then do not post anything.
    This is not a forum section where players can chit-chat and spam.

When a moderator deletes your post you do not make another one.

Cheers.

14. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

this happen to me too every time I load a map for the first time. I have downloaded 100% of the game through the client so its not downloading issues, not system specs either. I guess its related to loading of game sounds.

15. Grasschewer

Grasschewer Forum Apprentice

Yes the game is different with the server move.
    I think the biggest freeze is this new tool to tell you to change settings.
    But yes first special,spawn,spew.......means one slow point.

16. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Thank-you for your reports.
    First of all, I would recommend to delete your DSO folder and download it again. Probably, there is one corrupted file that is not allowing the game to work properly. We can try that one.

If you are convinced that this is related with your server, feel free to do a ping test and post the results here. You can find out how to do it here.

Also make sure that you are running the most recent drivers in your PC. Sometimes it might happen that you haven't downloaded the most recent ones and it becomes slower. Try to do so too.

Finally, how do you experience that freezing? Just when you enter in a certain map? Clicking on a specific button?

If the problem is systematic, you can contact our Support Team and send them your logfiles and we will forward them to the right department to be checked. You have more information about it here.

Cheers,

17. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

for me is every first time I enter/load a map. Its not related to ping or drivers and I already deleted the game folder two times. It started to happen on previous release, along with the sound bug.

It happen on game client and browser, and regardless I have downloaded 100% of game or not.

Grasschewer likes this.
  18. Fafhred

Fafhred Forum Apprentice

For me, every few hours (playing on client), the game suddenly starts 'stuttering' with a weird sound happening, commands being out of control, and frequently the character being seen jumping around several times through places, in a way similar to what happens in cases of 'rubberbanding' in some MMOs.
    Then there is that pop-up which removes ANY control and does not let the player click on it before several seconds have passed.
    That Pop-Up has to go, there are other ways, and in this case it is triggered by this glitch, NOT by normal gaming.

Then I reject it as it is NOT needed, since it only happen at those few weird times.
    The worst time it happened to me was while fighting Gorga; and yes, it was solo.

I noticed that when this situation happen, my displayed ping raised significantly, to drop back to normal when the problem ends.

It is not related to combat, since it also happened to me in towns a couple of times.

And it cannot be a drivers or configuration issue: those would cause permanent problems (by the very nature of those causes), NOT random problems hours apart.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  19. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Please note that I searched for this old thread instead of starting a new one :p

R200 has brought back with it lots of missing monsters and game freezes. Most of the time you stay frozen until you die (which thanks to the 3 day freemium isn't the worst thing on dungeons) but on the boss maps that you spend keys on, this is not very much fun. I lose keys if I leave the map or I lose ander if I choose to respawn.

Yes, I've of course deleted files, re-installed game, tried browser and client, tried blaming it on a right wing conspiracy and prayed to the gaming gods, but nothing is fixing the issue.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.