Getting nebula error that won't go away

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by -DeathRaider-, Sep 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I can't get onto my character to play game at all. I keep getting nebula error message that saids failed to download a critical file, you can restart the game any time to try again. But I have kept trying last few hours(not whole time lol). I followed the direction for the error but it does not work. Other things I have tried are
    1. Deleted all temporary files and redownloaded them
    2. completely reinstalled the game at the same time as doing choice #1
    3. Followed the direction about this nebula error by ending dro_client.exe with task manager and reopening game.

This is the error I am getting

http://imgur.com/a/j24Oz (first attempt at using imgur, so hopefully it works)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Hi there, bear in mind that it may be a temporary internet connection problem and in some cases after a couple of days it 'resolves' itself. You could ask your broadband provider tu run flush test or re-train your line or re-set your IP profile ,depending on the kind of connection you have but try this:

1) First try to do this . No fix? then try this:
    2) delete all DSO files completely (not only temp files but all files), then run CCCleaner, then re-start your router and and switch it off. Disconnect all cables from it , disconnect all cables from the socket you have in there and wait at least 45 minutes. Then re-connect everything and make a fresh download and clean install DSO Client. No fix? then:
    3) contact Support ;send them all info you have including the screenshot with error message you get etc.- the more info the better.

3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Also check if your date and time are correct.

4. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

tried all that and have gotten ahold of support yesterday and I am still waiting for a reply. I noticed this is happening to me dads account to. He was playing for a couple minutes and the same error message pops up. This seems to be a problem not with the account but the computer or like you said internet connection.

5. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @-DeathRaider-, there's a few more things that you could try aside from what these awesome lads suggested:
    1. Confirm that both your audio and video drivers are up to date with the latest versions available for them.
    2. Check your internet connection for latency/stability issues, and for potential WiFi snatchers, contact your ISP if necessary.
    3. Make sure to scan your PC for virus/malware.
    4. Look at your router's firmware to confirm it's up to date as well.
    Also, do you get this same error if you try to log in at the Test Server?, please let us know how it went while you await for support to get to you, best regards. ;)

6. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I can't even get on test server, it keeps telling anew client is ready for installation and reverts it back to live servers every time. I think it is worth mentioning that I can click thing temporarily when error pops up. I noticed that leaderboard notification of the vent going on is infinite and nothing else is. They are completely stacked and keeping coming when I got through them. Also I was able to play a bit on my other characters on same account and server for a bit until after about 3-5 minutes got error too. Thanks Erebus I went through what you suggest step by step and fails again. I am worried some programming error is happening with the client I download. This same thing happens to my dad too. The internet connect is fine and has been fine. Everything works fine from research to even other games.

When I search drakensang online I get message under site listed saying "We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us." Maybe this has something to do with it. only site that I have found that says something like this.

7. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Would you have access to Drakensang servers blocked in some way? Check your firewall settings and exeptions you have in there.See if you have got Drakensang Online allowed.Also, you may try rolling your system back to any save point before you started having problems with DSO ( that is if you have system restore points enabled) or you can just go ahead with a fresh windows install and that should help:) Will take up to 2 days to download and install all updates and fine tune everything the way you want but you may as well:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  8. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Is it because it is a holiday weekend that technical support still hasn't responded to me?

---------MERGED---------

Still support hasn't responded -_-.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  9. Erebus

Erebus User

Please be patient, remember support officers are volunteers and they have lives and jobs too, they'll get to you as soon as they can, best regards.

10. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I didn't know they were volunteers. The have to know coding of drakensang online, right? To even be able to volunteer right along with other crucial knowledge for technical support?

11. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I don't think they have to know the coding for Drakensang but they will likely have a list of the most common error codes with steps to take to resolve them. Once those steps have been confirmed to not work in a particular situation, then the error, logs, etc., would be passed along to those employed by BigPoint to figure out what is wrong. If the fix requires something the user does, the volunteers would be that interface in sharing the information.

This kind of a setup keeps coders from working on problems that aren't really problems in code.

12. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

this thread can be close, I fixed it with deleting all files dealing with drakensang online and restarted computer, then redownloaded it and it has been working now. Maybe a coincidence or that's a good way to fix it.

13. Erebus

Erebus User

Glad to hear that what @Yogo suggested worked out, thread closed, thank you all for your assistance and patience, best regards. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.