Getting stuck is boring...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by lordmongrove, Aug 29, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmongrove

lordmongrove Forum Greenhorn

Hello this is now the third time I'm getting stuck, first at level 41, where I had to run into the same dungeon more than 20 times after leveling up because the Trolls drop that item so seldom you need to return plenty of times. Now I am stuck again at level 42 where I have no quests left to do in the entire world but still need one third of the XP bar to reach level 43 to continue (why are the dungeons even blocked for certain levels?).
    Additionally my second character, a dwarf, is stuck too at level 34. She can jump to Atlantis but there are no quests to do for her at all and she can't get into the dwarf land because she needs level 35 for that.

I don't feel like continuing playing right now runing into the same dungeon for 1000 times until I level up.

2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Leveling up is actually much easier now than it was a few years ago. I get the desire for instant gratification, but if you think it's bad now what will you do once you hit the cap level and have nothing to do but run the same map(s) over and over until the end of time just to gather millions in gops to upgrade 1 piece of gear?

If the mind numbing grind bothers you this much now, this game is going to drive you nuts.

Those of us that have been around a while remember all too well the quests that took months to complete running the same old maps over and over. That was real grind. Today it takes about 40 days from level 1 to level 55. I know this because today is day 35 for my little mage that just hit 53 and I skipped 95% of the quests because I didn't want to be weak when I hit cap level.

3. lordmongrove

lordmongrove Forum Greenhorn

I don't want instant gratification. I want to have something todo. Why lock the dungeons at all? If they are too hard for my level I will get ass kicked and have to get better stuff (either by buying or by finding in game).

BTW when my mage was level 35, I had no issues at all to level him. But that was like 8 years ago and we still had Khalys for XP grinding (who whas also more difficult back then btw).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. StarFear

StarFear Forum Greenhorn

@lordmongrove , hey I just thought inviting you to play with me will be a great idea for both of our character to level up and get rid of boredom , btw if u want im on server heredur.

5. Eridiani

Eridiani Forum Apprentice

Hello lordmongrove,i agree with you,its boring and takes time,but you can learn how to play effectively against different bosses and mobs, melt drops,get gems etc. :)You can buy for 300 Ander exp scroll also,and with exp bonus from daily's lvling up is much faster.

6. I don't know how often you run with groups, but groups help with xp. Also, since you have played before, you should be aware there are pets that help enhance xp gain. These help. As much as I do understand your struggle, with having to wait to enter certain areas, I find doing xp farming is the best. I know it can get boring having to go back in over and over, but for me, I focused on the cloak missions when I had no others to do at the time, and gaining money for the Power cloak, because I am not paying for gold when I can kill two birds with one stone-gain xp&gold by farming. Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet, and be a bit patient. lol Goodluck. :)

7. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

I play 2 - 3 hours a day for almost 2 months and i'll hit lvl 45 soon. Whenever i got stuck i'd go to the highest lvl map i could go to and farm xp there. At lvl 33 i'd rage around at the spawning grounds and temple sector for example. Even solo gorga, but doing that 50 times a day is rather boring. Focusing on the cloak quest isnt a bad idea either. Besides that, if you have acces to the PW (through Cardhun) you could farm q1 or just farm Varholm (full moon event) on painfull. That gets you more then enough GoP as well.

GoulishNightmares likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.