Ghost Festival Event - 2017 Q&A thread

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Aslandroth, Oct 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

I read the "what's new" guide and have a concern. It says to ensure players get the tier of item they want, they have removed them from the progress bar. They can now be obtained by fighting the boss or buying from Grimy, Gnobs inbred sister girlfriend.

Why is this a concern? Well whenever something is worded like this and described as an advantage to the players, something is usually getting taken away. At least with the Full Moon items that were T0 we could at least melt or sell them. The problem is, the guide said nothing about increasing the drop rate in any tier. How is this fair at all? I'm sure the same thing is coming for the full moon event, and some players that couldn't defeat the boss relied upon those reward chests to get something out of the event.

So, hopefully I am wrong and it was an accidental omission in the guide? Hopefully someone on the DSO side comes back and says the drop rates have increased for uniques, however marginal?

2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

You can all ask questions regarding the Ghost Festival event in this thread.

Cheers.

Erebus likes this.
  3. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

I want to ask a question here regarding the event and that is, is there any restricted level for events, for example do I need to be a certain level to go to the current destination Oldfield. I have a Level 30 DragonKnight just wondering.

4. FCOG

FCOG Forum Greenhorn

Where do i get Unchastened soul? only mission i got is this one an i'm stuck[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Go to where you found the Will-o'-the-wisp; it's the white fog ... if you walk slowly, the fog will follow you back to where the hematite bottle is (you'll see a question mark [?] where the bottle can be found); when you both reach the bottle, the fog will turn into a fairly weak mini-boss; kill it and it will end up in your inventory. After that, you'll need to find the next Will-o'-the-wisp at a diffrent location in the dungeon and lead it back to a different bottle. And, one more after that.

6. FCOG

FCOG Forum Greenhorn

thanks a lot

7. rangerd07

rangerd07 Forum Apprentice

There seems to be a glitch in my will o wisp quest on my dwarf surlittle i interacted with the will o wisp but says i need another unchastened soul to open the vase how do i get another one to complete the quest.

8. There are three will-o'-wisps in the quest. After getting the first one back, you need to go find the second, and then the third. Check out the wiki page for that quest for more information.

Morinphen likes this.
  9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I did run into a bug with this quest today. After leading the first one (playroom) to the vase, killing it and breaking the vase the quest went back to back to the first one again. I noticed the chastened soul was not in my inventory (nor on the ground ( I went back and checked.) I dropped the quest but it was my nap time so I'll try it again in a bit.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

//edit// still bugged. posting in tech support thread.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  10. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

[quote removed]

I have a question, where do we find the pumpkin and Jullov? Or do they show up during the challenge? I remember them from last year. Thank you

Last edited by moderator: Oct 21, 2017
  11. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Linking your thread here (guess you don't mind), in case it could be that rangerd07 has the same issue too.
    If it's not the same as above, then it's worth noting that you have to wait and let them follow you; don't run too fast, or they'll stop.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

13. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

Thank you . I did look at wiki before asking I was/am unsure if they turned up during the challenge. Also if both are random. I remember getting both last year just forgot when or how. One other thing I'm sorry for asking question in the wrong thread.

trakilaki likes this.
  14. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think both the pumpkin and the barrel are both random. I have only found one barrel so far and no pumpkins.

15. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

Thank you

16. Scholtz-

Scholtz- Forum Greenhorn

This me first time i play this mini event,
    my questions is why i gotta the boss in mini event 1 time, i did 10 runs ?

17. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

The thing is..

If u completed the first quest which is the "Promised to Death" - (70 kill in the boss map ,summon things etc..)
    After that u need to go 7-8 run in event to finnaly meet again with the boss :)

Some other players do like when they summon the question marks, and they kill the boss they just abort the quest.
    Next round they pick the mission up again, and the benefit is.: they have boss all the time.

Gj Bigpoint. this is all what i can say about this event.
    Big Shot to the developers.. maybe i wont finish this event.. maybe i just quit from this game this baits just piss me off in this game.
    Who [EDIT] will do 7-8 runs to meet the boss again? EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  18. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I can add - the drop is 0 after 10 gwenfera runs and 5 mini runs.
    Is bad, no enough monster density, is painfull like old karabosa event.
    And the music is boring :))

Last edited by moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  19. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

I have a problem in the mini. There is no Boss. My event stop here.

20. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

Yeah u have the same problem as like the 80% of the players community

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.