Guild or Friend Hideout

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by rance_1983, Oct 2, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. rance_1983

rance_1983 Someday Author

It would be cool if we had a place where we could go with players on the friends list or guild list only to get away from other players and their chat. There could be keys that players give people to allow them to teleport to their hideout from anywhere. Other similar games like [EDIT] and [EDIT] have this and [EDIT] allows you to build on it. You can take existing parts of places or places that use to be in the game to give to that player for a hideout.

When a player opens one of these they'll be given a owners key in their inventory to get there. You can give us decorations like plants, statues, mounts and other things from urban areas or pve so we can make it look good.

Example of places but without the monsters and npc's
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

How about a hideout chest that players can open once every 24 hours to get things that the owner put there for a price like 10 poitons for 2 gold, 1 buff or tonic for 3 gold and a list can pop up after opening it to show you what is in there and it's price with a maximum of 5 players buying a day and only 1 item purchase. The things that are put in there shouldn't help anyone in pvp and only premium user can get this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by moderator: Oct 2, 2018
    Akageshi and AlmosTBlack like this.
  2. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello rance_1963.

Thank you for the great suggestions. Please remember not to mention the names of other games on the forum as it violates the forum rules! ;)

Cheers,
    Anyki

3. rance_1983

Sorry, I should have known that.

4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I wanted to suggest hideouts long time ago, but thought people would hate it.
    The reason would be that such a thing might be technically too demanding and that there's so many more important things to be implemented or fixed. So I stopped myself from bringing this up.

But, I'm still quite fond of the idea.
    I thought it'd be nice if we could unlock all kinds of furniture and decorations by defeating bosses or doing some new quests, and the graphical style of these items would be corresponding either the overall style of the hideout, or the style of the dungeon we acquired the items in.
    This might add so much more motivation for us to go fight to different locations, because customization, both of character and of a personal hideout that can be visited by our in-game friends, is strangely addicting.

rance_1983 likes this.
  5. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

NOPE of them.

Before say yes or no,
    may I ask the purpose of a "friend hideout ?" ( INSIDE DSO GAME ).
    Which will the benefits that, "friend hideout" will bring ?
    Will a friendhideout increase the overall gameplay of DSO ?

TY

6. rance_1983

Why don't you ask the same question about costumes, multiple mounts and emotes that are in this and similar games.

7. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

so, you are asking for a "friend hideout" and you don't know which would be the purpose of your request.
    cool:cool:

8. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I wouldn't say OP is asking for anything. He's just describing an idea that he thinks would be an interesting addition to the game. It's no selfish request that would for example buff his class or something.

Not everything needs to have a 100% practical purpose and benefit players,
    however, in this case the benefit might be that having a personal space that feels like home that can be custom-decorated and where players can invite people from their friend list, might simply make them feel better in the game.

Also perhaps fighting monsters / doing quests to get hideout upgrades would not only have purely aesthetic purpose - perhaps the more stuff placed in the hideout, the more and better buffs a player could receive.

For example, imagine you acquire a bed. If you logout while having your character go to sleep, you may receive a "well rested" bonus. The better the bed, the better the bonus. It could give you slightly better stats for the next time you log in...

rance_1983 likes this.
  9. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

:confused:
    DSO a hack'n'slash with sims style features
    :confused:
    sounds weird

10. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Some people want immersion. This is supposed to be an RPG after all. Hack'n'slash means action and I'm glad the game is somewhat fast paced but it's also supposed to be about role playing. Or are the heroes just nomads who don't belong to Dracania? They came from somewhere else? They don't have homes and stuff? :/

However, I admit far too many players take DSO as a sport rather than a role playing game. So despite some other similar games have housing, I'm starting to doubt this idea in DSO context.

But! Guild halls were discussed, as far as I know, even by the devs.

11. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I like this idea. It would make guilds into something more than just another form of a friend list. (I mean, they half-heartedly tried with the guild bonus, but those are so miniscule it has no effect in the overall scheme of things.) Moreover, it would be great if we could quest together as a guild to contribute to guild coffers and upgrade said guild hall/hideout.

rance_1983 likes this.
  12. -Lucifer-

-Lucifer- Forum Greenhorn

This feature the guild hall has many requirements on this thread from the beginning of the game,also guild wars that they have put on paper on 2015 , but nothing will be realized, only pay to win features like essences and other events consumables or new runes that you could obtain from jesters, if other games has died because markets this will die because of jesters and pay to win features.Is such a shame because this game has so much potential but they will never develop in a way to make players happy but to make them frustrated in order to buy things that they put on shop.
    Yes the guild hall where you can put pvp trophies and event trophies and players hideouts that can be decorated can develop many environmental objects that they could sell and give us a brake with all this pay to win features.
    After many years that i have play this game i have realized that BP will implement just few stuff and no so often.I have give up to write in this section and to play this game because they never listen players they never read forums i guess for them this game resume at a spreadsheet payments and incomes, nothing more.If they can get away with close to 0 thinghs added to the game they will do nothing but charging for some minor features.
    GL with this creative idea it will not be the first or the last time when someone will ask this.

I don't think this game has such a good lore and also i don't think house can ruin that because when you finish the story line is not wrong to build a house i cant see how a hideout can ruin the storyline.
    I glad to hear that the Guild Halls has been discussed but as i can see there is no result.
    You know what ? i think that at the end of every week they should discuss all that is happening on forums and the CM should answer to all creative and sensitive posts maybe that way way we will know that we don't waist our time in this forum fr a dead game.No explanation needed, just some short answers like - will do this year , cant do that , already in development,maybe next year.. and so on.Will be a nice gesture to communicate with costumers.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  13. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

BP carried on that kind of dialogue with us for awhile, but it ended when Community Moderator Haruki (I think that was the title) left a couple years back.

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Community Manager :p

dkarl likes this.
  15. rance_1983

Now that their not here I guess we'll remain homeless heroes

16. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I have few years in this game and i have been an active member of this forum and my national forum.
    Always I see new members that came with suggestion that has been discussed in forums long ago and not just one time.
    When I see them I remember those suggestions and I remember why I stop to post in creative corner and that is because BP don't care about players he cares about money.
    BP develop a heavy p2w game they almost never listen suggestions about items or features that can't have an impact on damage life or achievements or drop or events and so on and that is sad.
    They have promise many things and we wait for them after years we remember those.
    They are so obsessed to get money in that p2w manner that destroy this game and they continue to do so.
    They have many ways to save this game they have us players that always come with nice suggestions, some of them from other games some of them new and original, but you BP don't listen you prefer to kill this game server by server.
    Nice community nice ideas, bad developer.
    And for those that don't understand the hideout idea is like a home that you can decorate as you wish with stuff that they can put on shop instead al those tonics and elixire. There you can have portals to event maps or other maps and you can invite your friends to join a raid on your expenses if you pay that portal entrance for them.
    That will put BP to develop the game in a non pay to win direction. This is more hack and slash focused than gathering herbs because the main goal. Is to be an extraordinary hero and you can have a home where you can put troffies and other things that can reflect your achievements.
    Guild halls can have the same function in game but will be for al guild members that can make donation for guild in order to improve the hall with stuff from shop and guild achievements.
    This home section is a new concept in New arpg games and a new way to get more money from players, is anon p2w concept.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018