Have internet but server wont connect

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by kurokishi, Sep 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurokishi

kurokishi Forum Apprentice

I thought it was just the Grimmag server as I saw something in the news about lag and some update on it but no matter what server I tried to use (heredur, agathon) it keeps saying that it failed to connect. Someone else tried to login to this laptop and had the same issue on their account. My internet is working fine and the game works fine on another persons laptop (on the same wifi) and I restored factory settings on the firewall but to no avail.. I'm not great with tech and really don't know why this issue suddenly appeared. Is it a bug or me or something else? Please help :confused::(

2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Hi there- delete DSO Client completely- all files associated with it - not only temp files- delete it completely. Then run CCCleaner to brush off the registry a bit. Downlod the DSO Client again and make a fresh install- wait until the game loads all the files - it should help. If it doesn't then give us a shout here and somebody will surely suggest more ideas as to what else can be done.

3. kurokishi

Tried it - no difference :/

4. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @kurokishi
    Check if your system time is set to default, if you set your system time manually you can't access the game.

Cheers.

5. kurokishi

It's already set to default - still have the problem :/ thanks anyway

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  6. Erilune

Erilune Forum Apprentice

Hi, I'd like to share something similar that troubles me.... I am unable to login past the server selection screen...this only happens when I connect via WiFi, however, when I use a wired connection i.e connect to my modem using USB cable I have no trouble....

Probably try and use a wired connection and see if it fixes the problem...I still haven't found a solution to use WiFi though...

7. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Hello again. The Wi-Fi you use- is it your own router/network or are you in a uni/student hostel ? Sometimes WiFi networks are set to block certain outgoing/incoming connections, applications and traffic. Secondly, what's the delivery system of your broadband? Is it a copper phone line/ is it optic fibre, cable network or a complete wireless, radio connection?

8. kurokishi

It's our own router and I'm not really sure, I think it's just a standard sky internet package. I can't connect to the router by a usb cable due to where we've had to put it so I'm using the wifi so I'm unsure if that's a solution but either way it isnt doable for me. It's obviously not a problem anyone else faces when theyre connected to the same wifi as they can connect to the server on different devices with no trouble.

9. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

If it is your own router and other people can access DSO no problem on that WiFi you have in there then it would perhaps be your device that we have to look at. Have you tried to use System Restore and bring the system to a previous Restore Point - any point in time that you were actually able to connect with DSO servers? Also , have you scanned your device for malware with i.e. ad-aware and Avira programmes? Sometimes people just re-install windows and start afresh because there could be so many things to look for that sometimes it is just better to re-install. Last thing- it happened in the past that players regained connection after a couple of days- but knowing myself I would 1) disable wireless and connect to the router with RJ45 cable for now just to be able to play and then 2) re-install the system in my free time because I'm lazy and I wouldn't like to fiddle too much with it:)

10. kurokishi

I thought about system restore but then when I went to try it out it said that no previous points were saved for me to restore it to so that plan failed. Malware scan showed nothing. As far as re-install for windows - it's technically not my device so I couldn't do that due to losing any saved data the owner might need. I've tried the uninstallation which didnt work and cable isn't an option since the router is in a cupboard and there is no space for it :( I'm assuming that it's a problem relating to the computer and not the router since it's fine on other devices on the same network but I did read something about some port being closed which blocks the connection might be to do with the failure to connect? I'm not sure how to check or resolve this^.
    Also I had problems a while ago with my IP showing a different location to my own, say if I had the same issue again then hypothetically if I was in germany and my ip said it was in china then could that cause an issue with connecting to the server?

Thank you for your help

11. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Get your own device:) I wouldn't use somebody else's laptop or whatever especially if it showed me different IP location from my own :) If the device you are using 'travelled' around the world your IP address will change. Addresses are kept in the same subnet and when you relocate, you are simply given a new IP which is in the subnet assigned to your new location. I don't know why you are being shown different IP location from your own- too lazy and tired to think about it:) You can see your public IP HERE . Get your own device:) I'm off to farm now:) good luck:)

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The problem is your Wireless Network adapter ... it seems.
    Your best option is to use cable ... it will change your gameplay forever.
    If you can't do that ... can you answer me few questions? (so I can help you with a guide... if possible)

1. You say you can't connect to the game .... but you were playing the event since you already had your feedback yesterday. Are you unable to access the game at all or you are having brief occasional disconnections?
    2. Do you have access to the router? (with password and username)
    3. What is your wireless network adapter? Did you try to download a software from the manufacturer ... so you can make changes to the settings? With this kind of software you can change channels and frequency for a best reception.
    4. what is the approximate areal distance between your PC and the router ... how many solid obstacles there are in between (walls ... etc). Is you router at same floor or different?

13. kurokishi

I gave feedback based on playing the event prior to the disturbance and thank you for your advice and input but managed to resolve the problem now.

Turns out there were several viruses on the computer which were blocking connections and stopped me from playing but they only started showing symptoms a few days ago. They bypassed any scans and blocked antivirus installation but someone managed to get pass it all for me and get rid of them :rolleyes: My bad.

14. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

There you are- viruses. That is why I asked you in my post if you scanned your device for malware with i.e. ad-aware and Avira programmes. Had you answered that you were not able to install anti virus software I would have suggested buying or borrowing from somebody a wee USB dongle with pre-installed antivirus on it. Glad you can play again.

15. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Great news! As the crisis have been averted we are closing the thread:)

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.