Help with Uniques/Other Items

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by piteris2, Jan 24, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Hey everyone! I am lvl 24 SW and I'd like to know which unique sets are worth farming for in the game right now. In particular, what unique sets/items should I go for, including all classes not just SW. I heard that Dragan set(s) and cloak of heroes are pretty good for my lvl. What other suggestions do you have? Also, what are the best and worst unique items/unique sets in the game at the moment. Please don't talk about PW uniques, as they are irrelevant for me right now. Thanks!

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

You should genrally not worry about uniques and focus on leveling up to level 55. Just use whatever drops that gives you the most damage.

However, you should try to get the level 25 khalys cloak (the cloak of heroes that you mentioned) from normal khalys. That will almost certainly be your cloak until you get to level 55. If you get a complete set like the keens/yachak/sparks/roshans you can consider using that as it seems to drop quite frequently.

As for the dragan gear, you can try for it but it will be obsolete as soon as you level up 5 or more levels. And it won't come around again for 6 months or so.

The moon event gear might be worth going for.

My level 36 test server ranger does use a level 36 vargulf quiver (gold crit lines) + full yachaks (level 28, 34, and 35 for the pieces) + norse helmet and pauldrons (level's 35 I think, frequent drop from sigris which is the typical daily). Everything else is just random stuff that drops, including my weapon (an extraordinary longbow with gold base damage lines and 4 slots and 1 speed line, 1 idoti line and 1 crit damage line).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    MikeyMetro and EhtovK like this.
  3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Another point about Dragan event ,imho, is that red pearls really shouldn't be wasted below endgame level. There is still much to be gained from this event without boss kills. This event has more Draken rewards than any other.

I have an alt, lvl 47, that has 89 reds. I have been sorely tempted in the last couple of events to use some of those. A bit of self control (I do not have much :D) has let my better judgement prevail. Another alt of mine made it to lvl 55 a while back. 62 reds on that one and I am glad I have them for this event.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Eridiani likes this.
  4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight Forum Apprentice

Man if only someone told me earlier I wouldn't had wasted 6 pearls on my level 47 ranger, guess I'll go back to grindin'

5. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Thanks! As for gold line items, do I just have to farm for them and them craft them to make higher tier items?

Also, one more question: which type of ring is better? The crit damage/chance ring, or the HP/resistance one? ;)

6. the.bozho

the.bozho Forum Greenhorn

I'm interested in "Cloak of Heroes" drop rate.
    In DSO Wiki I read that Khalys and Herald of Anderworld bosses have chanse to drop the "Cloak of Heroes".
    So, I've been farming Khalys yesterday 100+ attempts and today 100+ attempts, also I farmed "Herald of Anderworld" 50+ times today and still no "Cloak of Heroes"

Is "Cloak of Heroes" that rare??? Or does it have something to do with last 207 patch??

I basically just started. Its my 4th day in this game, and I'm kinda hooked.
    Any help is most welcome

Cheers!!!

IGN: zwijuk LvL 33
    SRV: Grimmag

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Wiki says only Khalys can drop the cloak :p
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Cloak_of_Heroes
    The Herald of the Anderworld could drop it but it was a bug and it has been fixed.
    Now ... you are level 33 that means you can only play Normal and Painful (if you have finished all the quests) ... the cloak is rare drop it is not worth spending time because it will scale to your level (33) Or if you are playing in Normal the cloak would be level 25.
    I would suggest you to move on and get to cap level first.

8. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I think it took me approximately 70 or so tries on Khalys to finally get the cloak. This was before the latest patch though, so I don't know if that could've affected anything. Just keep at it and it should eventually drop. :)

9. bassevents94

bassevents94 Someday Author

drops the low level unique shield of heredur on lvl 17 that the day enough.

i dont find that shield anymore for low lvl dk.

10. Dharles

Dharles Forum Apprentice

player maybe wonder how good is their offence,,this set up or that set up,,
    this is a little clue to chose what set up is better (from my logic)

damage is devide by two,,critical hit and normal hit.
    but first,,the average damage.

average damage: min damage + max damage / 2

1.CRITICAL hit: average damage X critical damage X %critical hit / 80
    80 here is because critical hit max is 80%

2.NORMAL hit: average damage X %non critical hit / 80
    (non critical hit here is 80 - critical hit)

3.now the OVERALL damage (is this dpi?) is: critical hit + normal hit

4.last the DPS (damage per second) is: overall damage x attack speed

offcourse this only in map of painful,excru and fatal,, if infernal the overall dmg would be diffrent with the critical hit chance,

also this can be applyed to defense,,involve block rate,block strength, health and armor. but thats defense.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.