How can i get a team to play fatal maps?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Themasteradragon, Mar 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themasteradragon

Themasteradragon Someday Author

pretty much what the title says, how can i find a good team that will farm fatal runs with me? I'm lvl 55, not the strongest of mages but not useless either, however i didn't really play much before so i lack sets from certain evets or crafted items. How can i improove my stats if i can't find a damn team to play with in fatal modes... And no, don't awnser, find a guild. Trust me, i've tried, i play in grimmag (foxfiregod) and i haven't found a single guild thats: active, helpful, and with good characters. I've posted threads in the guild search section about what kind of guild i would like to join. They where all completely ignored, not a single awnser... I'm currently in a guild from my home country but it doesn't have good players inside, just good people.

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You just need to get lucky and get in a group. Everyone is hurting right now, so there aren't likely many people running fatal because it is not cost effective. They need to build their own stats back up before they can be helpful to other people.

Regarding getting stronger, the crazy changes they've made to the game mean that you need to rethink most of your gear. Even T1 and T2 gear can be a step up from Pre-R185 gear, so start looking at shifting your build around with the gear that can easily be farmed in Painful and moderately easily in Excruciating. From there, also start looking at LVL 55 crafting and you will see improvements in time.

Regarding your guild, if you don't have any good players, then you grow your own. Instead of jumping straight to farming fatal, work with your people in Painful and Excruciating to get stronger, and eventually, you are all doing fatal together.

3. Themasteradragon

Themasteradragon Someday Author

regarding crafting: i have the amazing amount of 0 crafted items. How do i get started with it, what should i do?
    regarding pw: so i should farm pw painfuls solo or with a team (prob from my guild) to get items for the abovementioned crafting? Cuz even excrusiating takes a bit too long to be actually worth

4. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

I would recommend to unlock the Stonekeep dungeon and farm the first map 3 bosses with painfull or excrutiating if you can. Collect items for smelt and coins.
    For now I can not say how to build your mage while I'm still learning with the new items but take a look in the youtube, see how other players are doing with their builds. When you know what you are building then you know what items you need to save for crafting (golden lines).

_Baragain_ likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll answer these sort of out of order.
    I'd try solo in painful to get a feel for how it goes. If it is not too expensive on your resources, great because you can do that whenever you want and are not reliant on others 100% of the time.

That being said, going in a team of 2-4 is usually easier until you are very strong and running in a group usually involves carrying the group. It is great if you have a tank with the agro skill to keep the mobs off of you, but it isn't necessary. 3x SWs could do very well by carefully using Guardians with agro skill, AoE stuns like Frost Wind, Singularity, etc, to control and weaken the mobs. RAs fit this well too because thicket can slow large groups, and net can stun almost as large of an area as frost wind. Then there are Mechs. They are the undisputed kings (and queens) of DPS, so they can use their turrets to mow down the mobs while everyone else keeps the monsters under control.

Also, the tactics that you learn when working in a group extend to the higher difficulties. Think of it like practice. You can develop team combos and such and then the only things that change is the amount of damage it takes to do the job.
    So above we covered the best ways to find the ingredients, but then the question becomes what to do with them. Truth be told, you can get good ingredients in Painful or Excruciating. It is just that it may take a little longer. That isn't too big of a deal though because you are selling and melting gear while you do this which prepares you for crafting (gold from selling) and prepares you for after crafting (upgrading with glyphs) since items from Excruciating sell and melt for the same values as in painful.

Now, regarding crafting:
    To start with, define your goal. If you are planning on doing most of your playing with a tank, you can lean more towards offense and get things like % damage, or % crit damage on your gear. Or, if you are planning a more solo game where you occasionally join others, you could aim for a slightly more defensive build so that you can take the occasional hit.

Now, what stats do you want?... I can't answer that. I wrote the original crafting guide over nine months ago. The basic process is the same, and the time/gold it will take is similar, but I have yet to do any sort of analysis of what the ideal items are for various builds. What that means is that I'm doing something I usually can't stand... I'm going by feel. When I get to 55 and build my estimates for the max enchantments by item type, then I'll rebuild my calculator spreadsheet and see where the numbers lead me. The changes to items are so drastic that making a good working and intuitive spreadsheet will be a challenge.

Shabono likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.