Inactive Players

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DanielPereira91, Oct 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielPereira91

DanielPereira91 Forum Apprentice

Hi Bigpoint,

In your next update can you please add a way for GM's to check which members of their guild are inactive? Guessing is dangerous because it may result in deleting active members. It's really ridiculous that you don't already have a way to check this.

Daniel

Morinphen and jeffzrx like this.
  2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @DanielPereira91 ,

That's a discussion going on. Let's see if there will be some changes regarding guilds. Just don't count with that on R200 :p
    I'm moving your thread to the Creative Corner, once this is a suggestion.

Cheers,

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

This is something that all players were asking for ... since the start ... and we still don't have it.

Morinphen likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

With BP's track record, we can expect it in another 6-12 months and when they do, they'll make a big deal of how they are listening to player feedback by implementing a highly requested feature, while also leaving out the fact that the feature has been requested for over 4 or 5 years (depending on when they implement it).

Morinphen and Demon like this.
  5. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

yes i need to know the last time guild played please

6. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

And again, they care more about pets and maps instead of small changes that will make our play time more enjoyable.
    But you know what, they care about all those kids that play 1- 2 days /week to have a guild so they dont be excluded and quit the game because they dont have players to carry them.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

:eek: uh ?

Why do not simply kick them from the guild ?
    Why do you share your guild with players that you do not even knows who they are ?

8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

All kinds of reasons. For example, a lot of guildmaster positions have been passed on to new guild leaders, who may be playing at completely different times as other players in the guild.

A last logged on meter would be useful.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

or simply they can add an option for guild leader or a few officers to set an option to kick out a player automatically after a few days without logging in or what other option the guild might get in the future

10. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I have rules in my guild so if they will going to have a vacation or they need to move on other cities they have to tell to the oficers that they are missing from game 1 2 weeks.
    If they are missing and they dont anounce before, they will be excluded from guild after some.missing time.

In my opinion i would like to see only last day he play and how much time.he play.
    Also a weekly number of hours spend on game.can be useful to know witch players are active in guild.
    So when i move coursor on that player in guild tab i would like to see something like that:
    Player x Last login: 10/08/2017 10:23pm
    Palayed last day: 2h: 15 min
    Played last 7Days: 23h:48min

New recruiter rank can be added in guild difference from normal members is that they can invite friends in ghild.I have seen kids guilds full with officers so that they can invite and grow the guild and cant be excluded.

Also growing the number of members in guilds from 50 to 100 can have a positive efect on game and can have a value bigger than any other new feature that BP added in game to make life easyer for new players.

There can be many aspects that can be emprouved on guilds but i will wait for them to make the fist step and after thet we can continue with sugestions.

11. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

No,

sorry but I don't like the idea.

No way.

Why Guild Leader should have all those private informations about others players ?

That is probably the main reason of "why" BP cannot update such a feature like this

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Fwiw, there is an easy solution to preventing a guild leader from having this information : don't be in a guild in the first place.

Membership in a guild should be a two way street.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

"Privet Inormations"? This is information that a GM should have access to. If you are in their organization, don't you think they want to know you are contributing? If this were implemented and a user was shown to only be active 40 min a week, a GM would pick them first to go when they are making space for someone who will actually contribute to the guild's success. This would also be important if they ever implement something like guild leaderboards or guild PvP. Think of an employer. Why do they have a time clock? Simple, they want to make sure that you are showing up and contributing.

And as Novadude said, if you don't want someone to know your play habits, just don't join a guild and don't enjoy whatever benefits come with it.

VikiSmiley likes this.
  14. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

There is an easy solution preventing a guild leader from having this information : DO NOT ADD UNKNOWN PLAYERS TO YOUR GUILD

SO ?

am I free to give my personal advice anymore ?

maybe YOU are answering about different things.

One is to add remove someone from your guild : YOU SHOULD add in your guild, players that at least play with.

One is to know who is who : gameplay hours , gameplay not logged in and others private information that MAYBE ( I mean "maybe" ) I'm ONLY BOUND TO GIVE TO THE GAME PROVIDER.

My Log in time are none of guild masters business.

and Maybe we are talking about two different meanings of the word "GUILD" itself ( we do not add players that we not play with )

Those information you are looking for, must be none of guild master business

15. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'm not sure why you consider game time "private" information... Now if someone were asking for your name, address, phone number, etc. that would be "private information".

However, I would think that "last log in" would be more than sufficient for most guild masters.

VikiSmiley and _Baragain_ like this.
  16. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

It is imperative that a Guild Master knows who is and is not active in the guild. Last log in is good.

I don't need to know how long you play but I need to know that you DO play. Many in our guild play at different times of the day than I do. I don't know who is or is not active unless they play when I do.

If our guild bonus isn't equal to the same number of guild members, someone isn't playing. Who is that? It is a total guess if there is no tool to get that information. Sure, I ask the officers. I look on our guild site which does a last log in but not everyone goes there.

I recently kicked two players I never see who, it turns out, were indeed playing (sorry guys!). I re-invited them but what a pain, both for them and me. A simple flag to let me know they were active players would be awesome. Save everyone some headache.

VikiSmiley, SirLouren, EhtovK and 2 others like this.
  17. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Ehrm, guys, he was talking about this:

I also agree that how much I played this day or week is no one's business but mine, yet we all could use this indeed:

And exactly for all the reasons exposed by @Dragonnns

18. _Baragain_

So if all you have is a "Last Logged in: DATE," how do you tell the difference between someone who does actually play and someone who picks up their daily boxes every day and that is it? That is where the time comes into play.

Perhaps you could have a "Privacy" setting in your settings menu so that the GM can't see your private playtime information, but maybe then the GM will just say "If you don't trust me enough to show me how much you play, you can find a guild that doesn't care." I know I would. I'm not some crazy person who says you should to farm 10 hours a day and 16 on the weekend, but if you have 45 minuets of play time in a seven day time span, I'd going to kick you to the curb in favor of someone who actually wants to be a part of a larger community.

Novadude likes this.
  19. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

That's a valid point indeed, but in strict theory you or your members could be able to tell the difference, or maybe with enough privacy, as you said, it'd be viable, as in only guild master has access to a variable such as an average of hours played per week or something similar, but we gotta agree that the most harmless, easy and (in theory) fast to implement would be a "last active: X hours/days/weeks ago". Also, my POV comes from the perspective of personal safety and security, not about being demanded X hours of gaming per day/week/month, I could fill my part by sitting idly in town while browsing.

20. _Baragain_

Also true.

Really, I think that the best metric these days is by keeping an eye on your guild mates in the leaderboards. If their points don't move for weeks at a time (and I don't mean during events) then that is a strong indicator of activity since that is one of the key things that people need to work on for uniques, leaderboard rewards, and most day to day game play.

Demon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.