Increased Damage****

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Existoverus, Apr 20, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Existoverus

Existoverus Forum Apprentice

Correct me if I'm wrong but, 100% increased damage means base damage multiplied by 2 for war x3 for destruction x4. So when I have no essence on then put Combat Essence on why is it less than 100% increase and so on and so forth. And please do not give me any adjustment factor stats, Math is math. Numbers dont lie. People do.

2. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Hi,
    The % multiplier of the essences are not applied directly on the displayed base damage in your character stats window, because there are other sources of % total damage : wisdom points, %damage from unique sets, % damage from torso, helmet, belt and weapon.
    The game first adds up all the discrete damage values (+30, +40 damage for a total of 70) of the character, then adds up all the % values (+30%, +50% for a total of 80%) and applies those % to the damage value.

Example :
    You have a weapon with 500-1000 damage, a ring, boots and an amulet with 100 damage each, a torso with 30% damage, a set bonus of 20% damage and 50 damage, an ancient wisdom bonus of 50% damage and blue essences (100% more damage).

Total discrete damage values : 3*100+50+(500-1000)=850-1350
    Total % values : 30+20+50+100=200%
    Total damage displayed : (850-1350)+200%*(850-1350)=(2550-4050)

TL;DR : the % damage of blue essences is not counted separately from all the % damage sources you can find on your character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.