Feedback Infested Sewers of Kingshill (Sept. Edition)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Sep 6, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I retired from the game awhile back when they ruined the Full Moon uniques, but I stop by once in awhile; decided to go for the runes in this event because it wasn't difficult at all last time, albeit a tad grindy.

Drops in my small sampling are much worse this time around, and the main Worm bosses are much tougher, a combination which makes the event way more tedious. I might still go for the main event as I have plenty of buffs from last time, but will certainly skip the challenge: No way are the rewards worth the effort.

Example: I tracked my key drop last time meticulously, averaging over 8 keys per run in the fairgrounds sewer. My worst back-to-back results were 3 + 4 = 7. This time, I've just been taking it casually, didn't write down every run, but just experienced back to back drops of 1 + 1 = 2. The lowest single run key drop for me last event was 2; I also had 3 once and 4 four times. Back to back 1 key runs? Inexcusable drop rate, DSO.

Worms in the Castle sewer kicked my butt the first time I ran it this event because I wasn't prepared for their increased difficulty. Did they stun last event? I adjusted a bit for the second run, so didn't need to revive myself with andermant half-way through, but ... hmm. Yes, part of my plight may have come from all the level-up nerfs from 50 to 55 and the fact that I've made almost no improvements in equipment or gems, but it does seem like they wield more damage on top of that forced downgrading of my toon by the level expansion.

And the Castle sewer drops? Golden Plumbers Dogtags last event dropped anywhere from 100 to 200 from that chest (average somewhere around 160, if memory serves). The two runs I did this time while the challenge was active yielded 75 each (plus 75 regular Plumbers Dogtags each run). At that rate, it would take 64 runs of the Castle sewer to finish the challenge.

Yes, you can get Golden Plumbers Dogtags from the Harbor and Crypt sewers when the poison is active, but the essence requirements for a non-bulked up end-gamer ranger far exceed the amount of essence to be gained in amphorae, piglets, monster drops, quest bags, progress rewards etc.

And, yes, last time I whined about essence, y'all said I should use skills / equipment that damage the poisonous mobs without essence. I'm still at Q4, Traki, I'll never get a Q8 set :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DSO has made this game impossible for new / average non-payers to enjoy. Every new iteration of an event or feature is worse than the last (e.g., crafting, which had promise at 2.0, is a nightmare). This event is no exception.

At this point, I wonder who is keeping DSO afloat?

iNeXoRaBlE and Akageshi like this.
  2. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

New and "improved" event. Good thing i got some blessings from the last event.
    I really think that the developers like to see the players suffer.
    Why would you remove the big blessings?
    Good thing i was banned and i couldn't write the first days of the event...
    The drop from the Sewers beneath the Castle has dropped dramatically, why nobody mentions it?
    I went fatal mode, wasted some essences and got like 160 progress.

3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Please enlighten me. What equipment can be used to damage the worms without using essences?

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Anything that delivers damage when hit by enemies. Lortac set comes to mind, but I think there are others.

Edit 1: Also the sand armor set and the dune (belt, necklace, adornment) also deliver damage functions without essence usage according to the wiki, and they can bought with those bone coins.

Edit 2: Also the dragan ring and temple federation gear. If you have the essences equipped when they're summoned it should work.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. iNeXoRaBlE

Its the set of the sigri as well.

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I believe you need to use a base attack to trigger those, so you'll be using up essence indirectly.

7. iNeXoRaBlE

Well that's half truth, for the Rangers it doesn't consume essences.

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

i Cheked and the wikia says quote:"
    Sewers beneath the Fairground entrance

There are piglets (only in infernal mode)"

So i'm asking a question

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Ranger's Sigrismarr Set has 3x lightnings that deal 300% of the base damage while the adrenaline is active. Adrenaline is not using essences.
    Dragan's Rageful Armor has the laser that deals 150% base damage per second ... it can be triggered with Jumping. Jump/dive is not consuming essences. Also with this same set ... if you are using the ring and your HP drops below 33% , a Knight dude comes and kicks butt without using essences. :D
    Also the upcoming Q9 set buff is very useful ... all you have to to is to land one crit hit.

However ... good luck using them because those worms are stationary and are killing me with a single shot in fatal mode XD

I personally have never seen a single piglet in infernal mode ... that sentence
    was added by one of the players ... I left it there since i thought maybe it is my bad luck responsible for not finding a single piglet.
    That was during the last event ... since then ... with the second event edition running ... i still haven't seen a single piglet there. :D
    If ... even after this edition no one sees a piglet there I will remove that part from the guide.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. Chell2015

Chell2015 Forum Apprentice

So, my feed back is that once again I am going to be [EDIT] out of getting the last piece to craft the rat. When this event was first rolled out last year I completed both the main and the mini and then still ran the sewers under the castle til the last few hours remained of the event. I spent ander on both valves and valve parts and antidotal essence to continue farming the worms, I got the achievement and then some, a minimum of 30+ runs and no cans.

I have now completed the main, am over half way to completing the mini and have ran the worms ( which are even more difficult then last year making me have to use the higher dmg ess) at least 15 times, again no cans for the plague rat. I am out of valves and low on ess and AGAIN spent ander on a valve part and ess.....everyone I game with got the cans last year without having to run the map 30+ times and people running for the first time this year have gotten them already as well.

Would someone explain why it seems that I'm the only one who's never gonna get them to drop!?!?!? I am beyond frustrated!!!

Last edited by moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  11. sargon234

In the first event, back in april 2017, not last year, i had to do at least 20 runs, before i got the cans, the only thing to do is to try until you get it

12. Chell2015

You are correct, it was in April, I got my timeframe mixed up. And yeah, you had to do 20 runs, I did OVER 30 last time without success, and am already up to 15 this time around, I will most definitely NOT run this event a 3rd time for a part that most every single other person got the first time they ever ran it, including ones running it now for the first time, who have the part already.

So my point being....how about making it "drop" a little more frequently since I have obviously been discluded from whatever formula is used for when it is DOES drop and I wouldn't be surprised if I am not the only one.

13. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I complained a couple of times to the support about something similar [pet parts in the Defeat the Undefeatables event]. Th answer is always: "The drop is random. We cannot do anything about it."
    And so there you go - you just have a bad luck. And that's why I think there should be a limit set for the number of runs needed to get something dropped. As of now you have some % chance that something drops and every time you kill the boss, a dice rolls. The thing is, the dice may always roll the same bad way even if the chance is say 80%.

So in order to make the game fairer,
    we do need the number of runs needed to get the desired item to be limited, which means that the drop chance may be e.g. 15% every time you kill the boss, but if it's your 25th run or so, the drop has to be guaranteed.
    That way, the more lucky people will get the thing sooner, and the more unlucky players will get it too 100%, only later.

Chell2015 likes this.
  14. Chell2015

Thanks for the reply, and you are completely right, however as Sargon234 commented, they will NEVER do things that would benefit the players to the extent that makes good old fashioned common sense, much easier to just brush it off and say keep going you will get it.....200 runs down the line..."Hey I STILL haven't gotten it to drop what's the issue?" "Oh well with it being random we can't tell you, just keep going and while you're at it, spend some real money and purchase anderment so you can KEEP running even more. Have a nice day."

Akageshi likes this.
  15. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

if only they listened...

As for that rat part, I also had problems getting this one in current edition. Opened the chest several times without that part inside (run solo on norm or with a friend on higher difficulties). It dropped once, however, when I've already finished the event and was helping another player finish the challenge

Tried several times from the very beginning of the event, killed so many bosses and failed to get the pink octopus... Yesterday I gave up :( I'm so disappointed and discouraged to play:'(

Akageshi likes this.
  16. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

EDIT

I was lucky enough to get the skull pet. But I have the same problem with the octopus. In fact, as I finished both the event and the challenge last season, I didn't even plan to play the challenge again. But I played it and actually finished it again because I hoped I'd get a boss spawned and get the octopus dropped, not because I wanted to fill the progress bar. I had no luck, so now after filling up the progress bar, I gave up trying. It's no fun.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 16, 2017
  17. sargon234

Did they also nuke the rate of appearence of amphoras in the event?last time i found them at least 20 of them, now only 3 times

This is one other way they lowered the event advancement andh they reduced the rate of appearence of the golden chest afert slaying the worm

18. kurokishi

kurokishi Forum Apprentice

• More quests or a repeat of the 18key quest as the drop rate tp build on keys is slow.. around 3-4 entries gave 9 keys avg.
    • As others have said: the event takes up a lot of inventory space :/
    • The boss appearance on map 18 and 12 seems alright but the chances for pet drops seem really low - I know few people who attained one.
    • Event rewards don't seem that great for progress, only the pets and mounts are barely worth trying to get and even then it seems to take it's time.
    Overall I think this is the worst and most boring event. It is incredibly tedious work just for small drop numbers/prizes that come in a blue moon and the difficulty in defeating the maggots beneath the castle is crazy for a solo player. It's disappointing and most of my guild members/friends have already given up on playing.

19. iNeXoRaBlE

The last days the maps are getting laggy when you try to pick the items. And that lag stays a bit after you go to the Urban area.
    It's almost unplayable...
    (Btw i play at Heredur)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  20. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

I usually do not experience any lags - the game works smoothly for me most of the time but I have to say that during last few days I also had to click few times on items in order to collect the loot. I've been farming Q1 and Q3 mostly. The ping is around 55 everything works sweet it's just that from time to time I get those 10-15 minutes where I have to click on the items few times before they get collected. It will get better tho' - it always does:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.