Installation Directory!

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by NovaRaiser, Jun 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. NovaRaiser

NovaRaiser Forum Greenhorn

iam not gonna install this to my SSD so is there any way i can change the installation to another partition other than C?

danyvily81 likes this.
  2. mrdavef

mrdavef Forum Greenhorn

Bump! My C Drive is also an SSD and not particularly large. I would rather not install a huge game onto it. How can I install this onto a different drive?

3. There is no way to change the location the Client data is stored at this time. This capability has been requested several times, but without any luck. It may be possible to change where your %temp% directory is located in Windows, but that is beyond the scope of the forums and has the potential to cause problems with other programs that use the temp folder. Research and experiment at your own risk.

4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You can use this batch code to run the game:
    Code:
    @echo off
    setlocal
    set temp="write here desired installation path"
    start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe"
    Simply save this with .bat extension using notepad and run it every time you want to run the client.

5. danyvily81

danyvily81 Forum Greenhorn

so why the installer was made so stupidly??? now, really!

Ranu92 likes this.