Invasion of Kingshill Bug. (error 21 & fork denied)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Deefje, Feb 13, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Hey guys, been playing the game on different laptops and they all seem to have low performance.

The laptop I use the most has a Geforce310M (though performance when using this makes no difference compared to the integrated intel graphics).

It has an i3 pentium cpu running at ~2.3ghz and 3 or 4(not sure it's my parent's laptop, I play when I visit there) gigs of DDR3 memory.

Power settings are optimized (max performance, minimum 100% processor state etc.)

I recently formatted the device and it has a clean win7 install (no MSI driver package bloatware etc).

The game seems to run at a 10 to 15 fps which is consisent. CPU load never goes above 50% on any of the cores.

It doesn't seem to overheat and I recently flashed the bios to the latest version.

It happens on both the stand-alone client and via the browser(chrome and explorer).

I also tried both java 6 & 7.

So does anybody have some suggestions to increase performance? Since according to the specs I'm quite sure the game should be able to run smoothly.

I'm quite tech savvy so go all out.

2. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

@Deefje change your avatar, please. It crosses the line.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Check your connection and network gear. You could have 50 Mbps connection but still low response.

4. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

@Biztart changed I guess, since I you can't win arguments like that with mods anyway... but seriously... a baby from a funny childrens cartoon is offensive now? Hilarious, I find you offensive for finding it offensive... naked babies are everywhere in summer.... I hope having a picture of Courage is fine with you (yes I like cartoons).

@trakilaki thanks for the suggestions but the problems persist when I connect with a UTP cable. Ping speeds are 30ms towards heredur.drakensang.com and even through wifi with 5ghz at 40mhz bandwith I get a steady 150mbps down and 15 up with various tests.

5. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

It may be far-fetched, but most laptops have 'mobility' graphics cards which tend to be very very crappy. I noticed this when a friend tried to play BF2 on his laptop which had 'the same' Radeon graphics as my PC, except his had 'mobility' in its name. His card could barely run the game at minimum graphics, never reaching 20 FPS, while mine runs smoothy at max settings.
    Other than that, it might be overheating, but you said the frame rate is constant, so it's probably not because overheating issues tend to kick in after the computer has been running for a while and quickly go downhill.
    Have you tried other graphically demanding applications, do they work any better?

6. moby31

moby31 Regular

I had the same problems and it was not my laptop it was connection related issues and programs running background
    disable any scheduled scans like antivirus defrg updates etc see how it goes
    most of antivirus cleaning our temp folders so it might be this ...
    good luck :)

7. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

It ran swtor and Eve-online fairly well at low settings.

Also @moby31 as I said, clean install no antivirus even on it yet. :)

swtor and eve tend to be more cpu intensive, so I guess it's just the crappy m-GPU as spiro said.

I was hoping for a golden tip, oh woe is me.

8. mypuma14

mypuma14 Forum Greenhorn

i was going to try the new event , i clicked the scroll and then i got no server msg . and after reloading the browser i can acess the game at all . now i only got a forkdenied msg ???

if you are going to do an event atleast make sure it works

blackkdemmon likes this.
  9. blackkdemmon

blackkdemmon Forum Greenhorn

This happend to me too can u fix event before you put it in the server because how can we do the event whit out going in ????????/

10. KaDoZeRR

KaDoZeRR Forum Greenhorn

i have problem or bug or i dont know what is it when i go to event map and tray to go in this show LF:error.ids_ForkResultForkDenied and i cant do anything 5 minuts what to do :(

11. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

That error has been been reported in another thread. Seems to be a common problem with this event. You may need to submit a ticket and talk to support directly.

12. -O1evar-

-O1evar- Forum Apprentice

The first time I try to teleport to the event map, I lost connection and a message saying No sever available (Error code: 21) appear. It is there a way to fix this and get back into the game? I probably lost the 100 trophies, but time is what is more important.

Well, I was able to login back into the game and when I try again to enter the event the same No sever available (Error code: 21) appear.

At the time, I cannot do the Event.

Help.

--MERGED--

Ok, for those with the same problem; just login through the Browser and refresh 2 or 3 times.

Nvm, I thought that would solve the problem, but now have it even worse. I refresh now and give me the same error.

Last edited by moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  13. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

If you add a top-level gem to an endgame character, the increase is probably as intended. However, add the same gem to a, for instance, level 5 character and his relevant stat will increase something like three times. Very imba.
    What I'm proposing is: gems should have a penalty at lower levels and only give the full bonus to level 45 characters. So a top-level amethyst would still give +100 life at level 45, but the bonus would be like +10 life or even lower at level 5. This would prevent hardcore bullying in the arena at lower levels, and the gem would grow in strength as the player increases his/her level, so nothing would really be lost apart from the possibility to make a character with 2k life at level 1.

ULTRAPEINLICH likes this.
  14. junior16202

junior16202 Forum Greenhorn

I been having the same problem a dozen times... ive tried both client and browser... i am unable to enter event without the error.. any help or new info??

15. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Forum Apprentice

Same for me. Client, browser, refresh, ctrl-refresh, etc etc etc.... Cannot play.

Agathon server btw.

16. -O1evar-

-O1evar- Forum Apprentice

No clue of what is causing the problem but it is really annoying. I deleted DSO cache files and Java scripts, but still have it. I also send a Support Ticket, so hope they fix it soon.

Now I get this error too LF:error.ids_ForkResultForkDenied.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  17. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Forum Apprentice

Ditto. It is not a client side or browser issue, it is a server side issue. I get mostly the Error 21 error, but also the Fork Error. For anyone who can get in, have fun!

18. fluddrbie

fluddrbie Forum Apprentice

so, the quest to give 100 metal in exchange for insignias..the dude takes all the metal you have, not just 100.

19. Shelli_lala

Shelli_lala Forum Greenhorn

Hi, question..........Im pretty new. Started little over a month ago. I've logged in and played every single day. I also got membership a couple weeks ago. When you log in you get a daily bonus ........and after so many days you get a gem bag. Now.....because I'm a member I get to small chests, but I was getting a gem bag everyday till the 27th day I logged in . Then no gem bag. So I thought , perhaps it "reset" every month and you had to log in everyday for so many days before you'd start recieving the gem bags again. So, I kept logging in and playing everyday as normal......this would have been day 4 since this "reset thing" , but today it says this is the first day Ive logged in. I have logged in and played every single day for 31 days ......can anyone tell me whats going on with this? It's mostly annoying me....just because I HAVE been logging in and it thinks I havent. Is there a time log somewhere? Thank you
    Lala

20. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

I think before 12 CET , you should be good.