Inventory [IX]

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Arr, Sep 16, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

add the last inventory page

[​IMG]

2. vegetadavid

vegetadavid Forum Mogul

I think they wanted to keep a space for estetic.

+0

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Sorry, I can't help it... noobs! :p

No, seriously... don't you know what that space is for?
    When you have eg. items in the premium page and your premium ends, or you have full inventory and you claim daily login chest, a temporary page appears there, which stores the items until some space is made in the inventory, when it automatically sends those items to your inventory.

Now, with the lack of inventory we're suffering from, I'd say that we need way more than one page.
    I'd add a second series of pages, maybe with some toggle between the page series on the side or something... Generally I'd double the maximum possible inventory and locker.
    I think that's the simpliest solution to our current problems that most people would agree with. My proposed revamp would also fix it... but a bunch of short-sighted haters did a great job at downvoting.

Akageshi and JohnWick like this.
  4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

One extra page is not enough because look into the history. Every time they increased the bag space, by for example adding the collector's bag or ingredient bag or by increasing stacks of some items, they added lots of new items to collect or made some items more important and more desirable (like exos currently).
    No matter how many new pages there are, they will soon be filled with stuff that will be necessary to collect for whatever new gameloop reason.

(At least thank god the inventory doesn't work the same way as in most other ARPGs where e.g. a single torso takes up 6 slots lul)

Anyway, as for my own bag, the most space is taken up by 2 things:
    A. Exos and Legends for crafting,
    B. and Uniques (both useful and useless; useless uniques for cool looks and as badges of honor of sorts, I guess, as they drop so badly).

Solution?
    1. (80+% of the problem) A massive re-design of which items are important = which items we have to collect.
    This means a massive crafting re-design. Today's slot machine masked as a work bench requires you to collect tons of gear, and a lot of it you have to keep for months if not years.

and for collectors like me
    2. A way to store useless uniques (mainly) in some sort of gallery.
    We could have a section in our collector's bag for that. I suggested this before...

[​IMG]

There are 2 ways this could be done:
    a. unique items in CB are stored as mere skins - have no stats and can't be reclaimed. (Transmog?)
    --- In this case you have to choose carefully which uniques are no longer useful.

or
    b. unique items in CB are stored as real items with stats, and can be reclaimed and replaced with better versions (or tiers) of the same item.
    --- In this case you basically store your unique gear outside of your regular bag.
    --- You don't have to worry about dumping your item that becomes a useful item in the next patch.