Is the Christmas event hard?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Dec 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Not if you ask me. :p

My most recent, totally over the top unnecessary, good for nothing other than bragging rights video, for you viewing pleasure:

Merry Christmas!

Morinphen, bLaind and MikeyMetro like this.
  2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

For those less than level 50, yes.

I've faced, on normal, Big Paws 4 times with my level 46 SW. I've only won once.
    And that 1 time took:
    • over a 1000 snow essences
    • several dozen health potions
    • 360 andermant (revives)
    • literally 20 to 25 minutes
    This did not including the time and resources to get up the summit to his cave the first time. For that I used mostly blue essences. Tried to use green, but from preveous attempts, found most of the time green were not enough.

Total time up the summit from "arrow" to "arrow" was probably close to 45 minutes... for one run.

I can't even imagine how hard the mini's were/are. So YES. I'm finding the event hard.

I'm spending hours upon hours upon hours running Wild Forest / Slifmoor / Burning Coast with all the speed I can produce to collect Snow Essences. This is not a loss, as I can use them thru the year. However, while I'm collecting snow essences, I'm not collecting experience points.

It would be nice if I could go to Shady John and trade Sugar Beets for Snow Essences. A 1 to 10 rate would fit. Say 100 Beets for 1000 Snow Essences per trade.
    I suggest this rate because out of a possible 16 to 800 Snow Essences / 8 Sugar beets:
    • Yesterday I was averaging 100.15 Snow Essences / 8 Sugar Beets.
    • Today I'm averaging about 125 / 8.
    So I would be very happy with 80 / 8 trade ratio with John. The time saved would be worth the lower rate.

It's Dec 24th. I've gotten a total of 13 coins. My little sister's kids will be dead before I get the big present open.

3. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

Twili you need to find a decent guild to help with such events and to help you get stronger. My level 18 SM can get thru map on normal very easy and beat Paws in a couple of minutes and he is not a twink just created a few days ago
    The mini events are quite difficult and are not for the normal player

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

BigHink everything is easier at lower lvl and even if you are a twink or not at lvl 18 there isnt as much challenge as a lvl 50. The difference in time and difficulty is bigger.

5. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

I would hope your level 50 has no problem on easy mode

6. _Baragain_

Wow... you totally missed the point of the video
    So level up. Unless you are playing a twink, there is no reason to not level up. To seriously do events (especially beyond Normal), You either need to be over powered for a low level, or you need to be at level cap so that you can make constant improvements.

Once you hit LVL 50, you may be "weak" for a level 50, but you can finally start crafting good items. You'll also have access to the Parallel Worlds for proper glyph farming and crafting ingredient farming. You've been playing for over a year. You should have no issue with this event, and if you had reached level 50 6-9 months ago, you would be kicking butt in this event (solo or in a group) instead of getting your butt kicked.

Any decent LVL 50 (been level 50 for more than a couple weeks) should have zero issues soloing the event on normal. The boss may be a little essence intensive, but it should be easy enough.

That is because that is all the free ones we've been given via the cave. Maybe if you are level 50 before next Christmas (with enough time to make a decent LVL 50), you might stand a chance at collecting enough for the present.

TL;DR- The event is easy enough for a decent player, but "decent" takes effort. However, I was showing off, bragging, challenging myself, and demonstrating that fatal is indeed possible for a sufficiently strong enough player. Go be salty elsewhere.o_O

P.S. Did you actually watch the video, or did you just see the question and write a wall of text that had absolutely nothing to do with the video?

7. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

And a pleasure to watch it was. Your OP build is well known but the real fun part is watching how efficiently you utilize that build. My favorite part was when you switched to shield to run the bridges but don't get hit anyway :D

Merry Xmas back at you :)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

8. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I clicked on the video. It said there was an error and to try again later. Each time. Since I can't see the video, I can't understand the video.

What do you think I've been trying to do? I only get maybe 4 hrs during the week, and a good weekend I might hit 12 hrs. And that time gets split with going though the forum, searching, reading, and posting. And this month, with farming snow essences, I've made very little progress on leveling up, seeing as the two seem to be mutually exclusive.

A long long time ago, when I was single and didn't date much, and had a 50 hr job that was consistent, I was able to put 40 hrs a week into the game I was playing. Now, 60 hrs a month is pushing it.

I've got dates for my SW and DK for making levels from 40 to 46. It takes weeks per level. And the closer to 50 I get, the longer it seems to take for each level.

And what in blazes is "twink"? That completely makes no sense to me. I've never found a definition.

No, I saw the forum thread title "Question" and responded to that.

The video, since it wouldn't play, I assumed that it was just you bragging again how you are way, way, way, way, way ahead of all the rest of us.

Maybe you need to pick a different server and start completely over from scratch. I hope you have the same luck I've had in hardly ever getting "good" items. Oh, and do it with only spending a max of $15/month and a max of 20 hrs a week.

9. _Baragain_

Well, better to have and not need than need and not have. :D

It is a player who keeps their character artificially low for the purpose of becoming OP in PvP. A LVL 20 with LVL 45 gear and full event sets and high end gems (think flawless or higher) would be considered a twink.
    Try directly on youtube: youtu.be/mGh05BVjTL4
    Then you are doing something wrong. Those levels are not measured in weeks, they are measured in hours. A character can easily reach LVL 40 in 16 hours or less. LVL 40-45 takes about 12 hours or less, and LVL 45-50 takes less than 20 hours. So, for a "normal" player who isn't speed leveling, you can level a toon from 1 to 50 in about 48 hours of play time. Even if you only played 6 hours a week (as opposed to 15 hours a week that 60 a month could include), you should be able to make 4 level 50 toons in 32 weeks, or seven and a half months. You've been playing for twice that. Ergo, you are doing something wrong.

Though, this did give me an idea... A "Power Leveling" series of videos where I see how fast I can get to LVL 50. I'm thinking that at 2 hours a week, I could likely do it in about 20 weeks or less.

Why should they be mutually exclusive? You farm in the highest map with snowmen that you can access and you get both snow ess and XP. Also, why the heck are you farming snow ess if yo are not running the event. The 50% more damage they offer over blues is not so significant that you should waste time farming when you could use a stack in a matter of one day.

Yes, and no. It is a video demonstrating that the fatal map can be done by a strong end game player when the feedback thread was filled with complaints about how it was impossible. I efficiently cleared the map and killed Big Paws in 19:55 using 1139 purple essence (could have been blues, but a longer video), and 559 snow essence an no deaths. And no, I'm not "way, way, way, way ahead of the rest" of you. If you read the show what you have threads, where I'm at is quickly becoming "normal" for top DPS DKs. After I craft one or two more items, my DPS will increase another 30%, so there is still room for improvement, even for me.

Get your facts straight. I pay for premium and even that is a recent development.. That is it. I am half way through some deluxe premium that was a combined birthday/Christmas present, but I don't waste money on andermant. Most of the appearance of "P2P" for me is the fact that I've been playing for over four and a half years and have farmed and earned the character I have.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  10. knifesss

knifesss Forum Apprentice

I finished the event :D I'm a Lv. 46 DK I had to kill Big Paws ,somewhere between 48 -53 times. I you tubed where to kill him and that is at the front of the cave so no ice rockets and 1-4 health pots. And of course once in a great while 120 ander. It was fun.

I've been playing for only 4 months and am a FTP player.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  11. _Baragain_

Thank you for making my point.

12. Wllf

Wllf Advanced

I completed the event with a level 42 that I speed leveled with circle and scrolls in 5 days. I killed bear 49 times and spent 360 ander and maybe 40 pots total. Bear was easy normal, do able on lv2 and obviously nearly impossible level 3. I enjoyed the event. There is more evidence for you. :D

_Baragain_ likes this.
  13. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

The description made me watch it xD

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I didn't watch it ...because I already know the answer :D

15. _Baragain_

[​IMG]

Morinphen and ULTRAPEINLICH like this.
  16. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Emote from where?

17. _Baragain_

That is the Dracatty's Cheer emote which could only be gotten from winning a Twitch raffle or playing with Kaylen during Twitch. Some temporary ones have been given away via bonus codes, but the permanent one only came from Twitch related luck. This makes it one of the rarest emotes and one of my prized digital possessions.

P.S. It looks great when done by a male toon dressed in drag. ;):p

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

For now this one is the rarest :D
    [​IMG]

19. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Not as more months pass. Dracaty's will probably still not be awarded much, if at all ^^.

Tilwin90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.