Is the Cloak of Enlightment worth it?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by AbrarSW, Jan 23, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbrarSW

AbrarSW Forum Apprentice

I'm a level 36 dragonknight. I just accepted the Cloak of Power 4/5 quest. Before I start farming, I want to know is this cloak worth it? I've learned the hard way that cloak quests drop rate is terrible and the final quest is not worth 1000 gold. So is the cloak of enlightment worth the 100 gold? I already have 140 gold btw.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

3. Calimero1963

Calimero1963 Forum Greenhorn

For a short time (untill level 45) it can be usefull depending on what youre wearing already, and yes, the droprate is poor but can be done.

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

NOooooo.

I'll recommend that you not take the quests and save the 100 and 1000 gold. And the inventory slots. Just get khalys's normal's level 25 cloak or the higher versions from painful and up difficulties which should drop at/around your level. Or an event/set cloak.

100 gold will be better used for crafting at level 55 or gambling at jesters. The cloak is not useful due to the loss of a valuable resource and time and the khalys cloak will be more valuable as you level up with its percentage enchantments.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  5. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Hell no, ofc its not. Just the fact that its stats are not updated as they should be after the new expansion that gave base stats to the items, this cloak and most of the old cloaks dont have base stats, which by itself makes them no worth to farm for or buy. So either get khalys level 25 which is the best cloak maybe of the game or get the karabossa/new moon cloak, when you go level though because now you are not even close to that

6. AbrarSW

AbrarSW Forum Apprentice

Ok thanks. How do I get the Khalys cloak? Do I need to defeat Khalys in Khalys's elysium in painful difficulty or is it a random drop?

7. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

You farm khalys for this item. What changes per difficulty is that in normal diff its tier 0 and level 25, whereas in all other difficulties the item scales to players level and it has better stats since on painful its tier 1, excruating tier 2 and fatal tier 3. As for you, i would advise you to go farm it on normal mode because painful at your level is not fast and enough and also not worth. When the time comes you will be able to go and farm fatal mode, if you still want it.

8. AbrarSW

AbrarSW Forum Apprentice

Ok, thanks a lot. Just got the cloak of heroes and it is awesome. Thanks to everyone!

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

No, the cloak drops in the normal game world, not the pw's. you can just kill the level 25 normal khalys over and over for a level 25 cloak until it drops. To get a higher level cloak at your level you will have to farm keys by completely clearing certain dungeon maps at painful or higher (FBI is the popular choice) and those keys will allow you to access higher difficulty khalys maps while still in the normal world that should give you a higher tiered cloak

However, as you are level 36, the level 25 cloak will be useful enough and take much less time to acquire.

10. I got as far as obtaining Cloak of Enlightenment, and then just gave up on Cloak of Power. It is no where near as good as some of the other cloaks you can get from bosses/ events. It really isn't worth your trouble or effort and you waste gold. I also wouldn't waste your draken(own opinion) on event cloaks at lower levels. Just wait until you are level 50 and up. Level 55 would be best because you will have that level for a looong time since we don't have anything higher..yet :(. You can always upgrade from there. Goodluck!

--MERGED--

--In a way consider all levels below 55, as 'practice'...you are building up your character to be able to battle in PW, and higher levels(T1-T6). Crafting is an excellent way to do this also. If you do painful to at a lower level, and do get lucky and get a good drop, you are just going to have to go back and do it over again to obtain that item again at a later level, or spend alot of glyphs to try and upgrade and even still it won't be as strong as if you had gotten it starting on a higher level.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 30, 2018
  11. Nalros

Nalros User

Hello GoulishNightmares,

Please make sure to use the "edit" button if you would like to add something to your post. Cheers :).

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  12. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

So the cloak is not worth the 1k gold you spend but it IS worth the farming time. You quest for the cloak to assist getting your level up and gather melts, ander, essence, and gold as the gods allow. The cloak is garbage, but the questing is not.

I've said before that the cloak of power quest should be expanded and can be easily.
    1. Te stats need to be updated.
    2. Just in case BP didn't get the memo, we have two additional continents that we could be (and could have been) farming for quite awhile. Lortac, and the desert lands should have both introduced additional cloak quests with level related cloaks. Even if they were as ridiculously unobtainable cloaks with garbage stats, as is the BP way, it would be nice to have something extra to do. I wouldn't give up my current T5 cloak for whatever they offered, but at least it would give the illusion of something to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.