I've been encountering this new problem since the new hot fix.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by LordsOfHeLL, Nov 9, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. LordsOfHeLL

LordsOfHeLL Forum Apprentice

During the map changes most of the time I'm facing againts these type of errors and the map never loads.The only solution is to reset the game client.This is gettin really annoyed tbh.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also get this screen as well after chosing the server.[​IMG]
    I have not changed anything in my computer.Been playing this game over 1 year this these corruptions started after the latest hot fix.And yes i use 64 bit version.I also deleted the game and reinstalled 2 times.Nothing's changed.Can some1 from the tech team help me out.Thanks.

2. neliz123

neliz123 Forum Greenhorn

have fixed this problem because i have the sassi and i don't know how to fix it

3. Dovek

Dovek Forum Apprentice

i have same problem since a looooong time. at first it was nothing serious (once a few q runs) but after last patches its imposible to play as it occurs literally at every map change. deleted everything dso related from pc, downloaded 100% again so its not 'your maps are loading just wait' problem.. game data from servers is somehow looping itself creating endless ammout to download which is dumped instantly (its not stored anywhere i checked). a lot of ppl have high ms problem which is the same thing but difference here is - your and my connection is very slow and just cant keep up with this loop. only solution is to force new loading and connection of the clien which can be done by disconnecting internet then waiting a bit for clien to go in loading state then connecting again OR freezing process and look at web usage (wait for it to drop to 0 then unfreeze client) OR just restarting whole game. please help

4. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Ah, someone else running into my problem. Does your latency jump to impossibly high levels, like sometimes 30k+? Interesting note, it only does this with my main characters on my main account, making my veteran toons impossible to play. I had to start a new account with a new character in order to be able to play. When I contacted DSO they tried to tell me it's lag, and were zero help. As nearly as I can tell, there is something wrong with the system in regards to more advanced accounts-- the more data, the better the chance this happens. As you said, only way to stop it is to disconnect from internet and reconnect, but of course it's gotten to the point now where it does it nearly every time, so I have a good chance that it will just do it again once I reconnect. I've had the problem for months, and it's gotten steadily worse.

No issues on my new account yet-- I suppose it will wait until I have an experienced toon with a lot of data, then crash out again. Again, no recompense from DSO, no effort to help me restart since my old experienced toons are unavailable to play. Fyi, I had professionals go through my system and my internet-- it's at DSO's end.

Dovek likes this.
  5. Dovek

Dovek Forum Apprentice

i can rarely go through those gray/brown screens when this loop happens but when i do (at night with fastest internet i can have around 10mb/s) i cant do absolutely anything in game.. change map, open npc shops etc. then it rubberbands me around with a delay of good 20-30s between actions. with slower internet gray screens are normal but they should never hang for more than 3-5s with speed of 0.5-1mb/s and if they do - thats death right there. (i am not using latency meter ingame)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Shansurri likes this.
  6. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Mine also shuts down any other program I have connected to the internet-- it all goes offline except for the game, which might as well be offline as you say-- it's impossible to do anything. Including the one thing that MIGHT work, which is to switch maps again.

7. Dovek

Dovek Forum Apprentice

just tested that and you are right. main char over 5y - 3 map changes 3 bugs, lvl30 dwarf created when they introduced him - 20 maps 0 bugs. can say i have fully expanded chest+inventory and only 28 free slots so maybe this items overload create such problem. last patch added even more inventory spaces to fill so this kinda makes sense.

Shansurri likes this.
  8. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Well at this point, even if we sold off inventory we'd be stuck with all the crafting material and pets and mounts and such. Dump everything and we are back to having low level characters, so might as well just play a low level.

Not much that I can see as a solution. And of course I'm not very happy to realize that since DSO isn't trying to fix the problem, it will probably just occur at some point once my current low level character is a level 55 and gets more advanced. One thing for sure-- I'm not putting any more money into these characters, until I can once again play my mains.

By the way, I'm sorry you are having this problem, but also relieved that I'm not alone. Up til now, no one has talked about having this exact problem.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Dovek likes this.
  9. Dovek

Dovek Forum Apprentice

would be nice if some mod could send this or ask what is up with this but nobody cares about problems only few players have even if it means inability to play so.. i guess that is it for us :(

10. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

They are usual symptoms of slow web connection, whatever causes it. Try to test your browsing speed with some online tool and check your CPU/GPU usage.

Anyway the game is clearly sick cause it fully reloads the textures everytime I restart the client.

11. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Nope. Connection is fine, is working fine, has worked fine for three years. This is a complete data dump as we enter maps. Can your connection let you play with 30k ms? No? Neither can anyone else's. The game tries to dump data from their servers, and for some reason doesn't 'end' the data but just keeps dumping it. If I wait, it won't resolve-- an hour later I will still be stuck there with the exact same issue. It's not an issue with my connection, I've checked it. Who knows, maybe others are having similar problems, but if you are telling me you go onto a map and your latency jumps to 1,000, then you aren't dealing with the same issue (for example). Also it only happens with experienced toons. Not young toons.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

13. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Any solution you know of? No way to play my mains with this happening. Also, maybe someone should let them know (Four Years Later) that they didn't fix the problem (sarcasm font). Is it in your opinion actually an issue with too many quests? Makes me wonder if I should be skipping quests and only doing the bare minimum needed to play the game.

14. frd7

frd7 Forum Greenhorn

Same problen main character lvl55 heredur french waiting for the next patch or the end of the containment if not resolve bye bye drakensang

--- MERGED ---

Hi problem is finally solve with today 's maj hope never go back thanks to the team

Last edited by moderator: May 5, 2020