Key Board Settings

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by unchained, Apr 1, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unchained

unchained Forum Apprentice

Hi.

Why i cannot assign letter R on my quick slot settings anymore?

2. The "R" key was apparently reserved for some sort of potion quick slot that has not been implemented in the game. It can't be changed from inside the game, but you can change it manually. Type %temp% into your Window's search and hit enter. This will open your temp folder. Look for the folder entitled DSOClient and open the filed called "settings.xml" it with a text editor. Notepad+ is good for this since it highlights syntax. You will see something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Find what you want the R key to do, and copy the appropriate word in there. For example, if you want R to switch your essence, you could paste "SwapAmmo" in place of "QuickHealth2" and then just delete the entire line for the X key.

3. unchained

Many thanks for fast reply. inconceivable :cool:

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  5. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

One of the best lines ever. I'll have to watch that one tonight!

_Baragain_ and MikeyMetro like this.
  6. unchained

does your post related to the topic? i dont have to explain it to you word by word.
    [EDIT]

Last edited by moderator: Apr 2, 2018
  7. _Baragain_

No, it was simply a bit of humor, you uncultured troglodyte.

And the official title is "Living Forum Legend," Not "Forum [EDIT]"

MikeyMetro likes this.
  8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Wow, chill dude. They are just having a bit of fun with an running gag in a classic movie (one that I keep in my netflix queue ;)) One of the things that makes the flick so rewatchable is the ton of running gags in it.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Shansurri and _Baragain_ like this.
  9. _Baragain_

Maybe next time I'll put it in quotes and include a bibliography entry in a "Spoilers" tab. That will have the added advantage of making sure no one comes after me for plagiarism.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  10. unchained

shame on you. you went forum [EDIT] status yet keep posting off topic related comments this aint feedback thread.

11. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

If you really want me to stay on topic then I might suggest using the search function next time. Simply typing in the keyword "keyboard" would have lead you to a recent post where this question was already answered. (Although the screenie from @YouWinOrYouDie is a nice addition for tech neophytes.)

So in reality your thread is a troll to begin with ;)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

VoulaAek1 and _Baragain_ like this.
  12. I figured I'd be nice to a first time poster/Forum-Greenhorn.

Now calm down a wee bit. I'd use a pop culture reference here, but I'd hate to add fuel to the fire. Not every post has to be perfectly on topic. It is OK to have a sense of humor. When "Off Topic" really starts to get on the mod's nerves is when it is in the official feedback threads or when the off topic content is abusive in nature. The question has been answered, so in an effort to curtail the humor from getting out of hand, I'll close the thread.

Unchained, I recommend that you peruse the Forum Guidelines (link in my signature). It is full of useful information that should come in handy during your time on the forums.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  13. I wanted to revisit this thread to point something out based on the new release on Test Server, but the thread will remain closed because this does not warrant discussion, least of all in this thread. If you have feedback about the below content, please use the official Feedback thread.
    We see now that the R key has been reserved in anticipation for this upcoming release for quite some time. If you did indeed follow my guide for manually changing the R key, just keep in mind that you will need to select a new key for your second potion slot after the upcoming skill system overhaul. You'll notice that U was similarly reserved in the XML file, but we weren't paying attention to that earlier.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.