latency issues on Grimmag

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Iselda, Sep 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Since the R196 the are huge problems with the latency on the Grimmag server. Today it reached from 32 to 216 within a few seconds.
    [​IMG]
    Chars keep moving back and forth, drop is being pick up with a few seconds' delay..
    The game keeps occasionally freezing and when finally one's char can move, it's already dead.

At the moment I find the game unplayable... Whatever was done within those 2 Rs, please repair it and make the game as it used to be :(

2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @Iselda ,

It's a general problem affecting all servers. Thank you for your report.
    Can you please verify if the problem remains with R198?
    Cheers ;) ,

3. Rinri-kun

Rinri-kun Forum Apprentice

The problem is true, at rare occasions I have seen my ping spike to over 1,000...

4. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @Rinri-kun ,

Grimmag server is having serious problems regarding massive lag and rollbacks. Our team is aware of that situation and will execute a server restart today. We'll announce it whenever we have more detailed information.

Sorry for any inconvenienced caused.
    Cheers,

5. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Hi, at the moment the latency is 31-32 and rises up to 42-50ms (sometimes 60,so there's a progress. However, the sudden freezing (the game freezes and nothing moves, I'm able to move cursor, then most likely I'm dead or about to be) and unresponsive/disappearing cursor are still here.
    Tried with my other char: went to Varholm, was supposed to talk to Rubina which I did, the game froze and then I found my char in the middle of the map surrounded by mobs... not cool.
    On my main char: while I was with a group on q7's boss the cursor suddenly disappeared.

Today I noticed that the client needs a little more time to connect to the server and loads maps.

I'm grateful that at least those who played yesterday evening got some compensation for the "inconvenience", but what about the rest of us who are still struggling to play?

6. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

yeah the problem remains. my latency is showing around 50ms all the time, yet it suddenly freezes and jumps around. not much having free premium if you cant use it

7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Thank you, once again, for your reports.
    We forwarded them to the right department :)

We'll keep you updated.
    Cheers,

8. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Today the latency fluctuated once again, at moments it was 60 (in cities) - 70+ but at least the game didn't freeze.

9. flodder

flodder Regular

On heredur server too ms 416

10. tassadar1977

grimmag is freezing and jumping again. latency showing 57 so not big issue there, but will freeze and minute later come back and im dead

11. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Any news about upcoming solution to these problems? Sometimes the game is really frustrating and I'm already tired of the "jumpy" char and mobs :/

ViktorG75 likes this.
  12. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Unfortunately, we haven't received any information regarding this issue. Rest assured that our team is aware of your difficulties.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Cheers, ;)

13. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

To be honest, it's more than 'inconvenience' at the moment, especially when I'm trying to play the PW. Hopefully they resolve the issue with the upcoming R.

14. tassadar1977

grimmag freezing and resetting again. once every few minutes. can this please get sorted as its costing a lot in ander having to res each time it does so

15. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

[​IMG]
    How much longer are we supposed to wait for the fix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.