Leaderboard requirements

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by iNeXoRaBlE, Nov 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like this to be implemented?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. With changes (Elaborate on thread)

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Since the new update the leaderboards have different values and we don't know how much we want to achieve the goal...

Edit for updated info

At each solo/group tab there will be a Counter that will say the amount of points needed to achieve each category. After you reach bronze it will say the amount needed for the next (silver/gold) category. That way the player will have a quick look at the points needed to achieve his/her goals.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  2. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

All the values can be found here on forums

About the spoiler, nobody is forcing you to be the best. Do you blame the devs of EDIT because you can't be in challanger because you can't play 10 hours a day?

Last edited by moderator: Nov 4, 2017
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

4. iNeXoRaBlE

@Frostarch the spoiler is my signature.. Get over it! Nobody is forcing me to play (and i dont), i have a life as well, i play as long as it seems fun for me. The devs clearly cant see what's beneficial for the users. They just develop to get payed, they clearly dont like what they do.

I clearly know that dude :D Who do you think i am? Do you really think that this is the same? let me explain to you. In game click click done! You have seen your points.. Now Open forum use search (or favorite) see the desired dungeon and voila.. Its all about being practical.

5. trakilaki

You are making suggestion but not explaining what it is about at all.
    I just saw that number added in the picture ... but I might get it wrong ... so would you explain a little bit more?

6. iNeXoRaBlE

Yes, its like A countdown for every dungeon. It indicates how much you need to achieve your goal in each dungeon. After you have achieved bronze for example it countdowns how much you need for silver and then gold. Since the number to each dungeon is not the same it saves the trouble of going to forum and you instantly know how much you need. Wouldn't be better that way? (The number on picture is random btw)

7. trakilaki

You can't remember few numbers?
    If you can't ... all you have to do is scroll up and see how much points the other players have ... those who already got there

[​IMG]

8. iNeXoRaBlE

Well if there was a scroll bar i would be delighted to scroll. Let me count the clicks till i go to the bronze, its 90 clicks (from my current position) and 90 "loading data" delays in my server (heredur) for Q1.. The clicks are fewer from the top(40) but i just say :p
    [​IMG]. Unless i miss something 90 clicks are not few :p

9. trakilaki

LOL
    If I were you I wouldn't even bother to scroll up with that much earned points ... it will discourage me to proceed to my goal. :D

10. iNeXoRaBlE

For me that is not what discourage me but this, you could clearly say who is a bot user after seeing the leaderboards once ( i dont blur the names since is a public thing). anyway, you get my point though about the points, right?
    [​IMG]

11. Erebus

Erebus User

Not quite at first, I added a poll for now, but I have to ask you to make your proposed modification more visible and/or elaborate on your suggestion on the first post, and..., keep-it-civil, thanks, best regards.

12. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The counter idea or at least a better way to scroll seems like it would be a useful tool on the populated servers, luckily we don't have a scrolling problem on the ghost server. I saw that first pic of 1290 DK players and almost fell out of my chair.

13. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

[content removed]

As for your suggestion, well, i would say yes, but there are already methods to search the points needed to reach, it's a just a few clicks, no big deal

Last edited by moderator: Nov 4, 2017
  14. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

killing the boss on higher difficuties like infernal 1-2 boss(solo only) should give more points for those players who work hard on their gears to get a reward,,,,,not noob players that kill mobs all day and get the points ....bigpoint should look into this seriously

15. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Good idea. It's not necessary, but it makes sense to have a counter like that.
    Now it's like as if you were doing a quest "collect pieces of x" (x = some items), but it doesn't tell you how many. So the only way for you is to constantly keep checking with the quest giver NPC if you already have enough :D ,or checking the wiki or something, it's just awkward.​

Okay okay, leader boards are not that stupid, but you get the idea. Scrolling up is fine, but if only it didn't take so much time! Each page loads for a very short but annoying moment and it's awkward. Tabbing out to check the forum thread with the exact values, well it's definitely a way, but having the value displayed in game makes the most sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.