Suggestion Leaderboard sugestions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Demon, Jul 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you like leaderboards suggestions?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2018.
  1. Yes for SOLO

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No for SOLO

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Yes for group.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. No for group

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I have seen on forum some complains about bots and i came with some ideas so that if they exist to limit the impact that they have on leaderboard.

Now the leaderboard reward players that have time and farm usualy on normal without killing the final boss (usualy a bot can do that very easy)

I would like to see SOLO leaderboard will reward strong players and Group leaderboard reward players not so strong but they like to play in team (also bots dont work in team).

In my opinion Solo leaderboard is against team play and guild ( i dont like that).

This changes should be applied when the group leaderboard come online.

SOLO LEDERBOARD changes:

No more points if you dont kill final boss.(is not normal to see players with 10kk points that has only 2400 from final boss)
    Player get points according with dificulty he play but the difference should be bigger so that player that farm on normal cant beat the player that farm on fatal or infernal.

Group leaderboard:

Should apply only to full 5 members team.(i hope this way players will have to apply for a guild and this is a multiplayer online game so that should be nice)
    Also as a second requirement BP should make guilds much bigger for minimum 100 players.

Maybe you have more suggestions so i wait your coments below.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

First you should make 5th poll option "No".
    You don't know the best tactics for getting more points ...right?
    1. Some Qs are supposed to be played in full ... some Qs are not ... in some Qs you get more points if you play only certain part of the map instead of going full run. Yes ... it is very normal to see players with hundreds thousand points while having very few points from bosses. That is called tactics.
    2. You can't prevent weaker players from participating in leaderboards. Example: weak players can't kill bosses solo ... especially Mortis.
    3. You know someone who is farming Infernal for leaderboards ... spending hundreds of thousands infernal fragments??? If so ... they are noobs ... Infernal is not the most effective difficulty when playing for the ranking. By making Infernal most effective difficulty you are tagging the leaderboards as "Pay to win" ... and there is a problem ... no one is dumb enough to spend millions of andermant just to win 30K andermant , emote and few more materi fragments.
    4. there is no "Normal" difficulty in PWs
    Full group?? No one is playing all maps in group of 5.
    1. Less is more effective
    2. you can't discriminate the players who are playing with only 2-3 friends all the time
    3. multiplayer means more than one ... so even 2 is multiplayer.

Long story short .... NO ... you can't prevent botting by making ridiculous changes to leaderboards. "BAN" is the only way of preventing botting. By the same logic we should expect PvP gameplay to be changed as well ... because bots are being used in the arenas as well.
    By making such changes you can't prevent gangbanging ... lets not forget ganbanging is also illegal and it is worse than botting ...

ΣMiwel, wolfie54, MikeyMetro and 2 others like this.
  3. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

SOLO
    1.Can be bot not tactics,bot cant kill so eficient final boss.Is not normal a weack player to win a contest jut because he was more time, there should be strenght and time not only time.
    2.Again is leader board if they are weack let them farm and make items and after that they can run this contest.
    3.They can do that on fatal, no resources required, only blue and health potions that drop. (enter in arena and you will see there are many players that can one shot kill you and they can do that, bots cant run eficient on fatal only if you have verry strong character)
    4.you got me here :) i have played to much event.

GROUP
    1.That is the problem , you can find so easy 2-3 players but is much harder to get 5, so you need to have a guild.Also they can exploit this feature, one strong player or two of them can make a weack character to be on the first places on the list and this is not ok.
    2. Is not an mandatory quest or achievment also is not a free jurney to the prize, you must make some effort to know people to get more friends.
    3. Yes you are right but the standard group is 5.And i hope multi will be translated in 5 not 2 or 3...

"Long story short ".... Yes ...You can make booting ineficient (in leaderboard) by making some changes, they cant expect that frustration of players who pay the BP bill to not reflect on the income.If is a contest, then make that to be win by players that can achieve points in higher dificulties not for 'bots' that farm on low dificulties.Make the guild better and stronger.For 80% of the players this is a quest board.

PS.Can be another solution that after you reach bronze you get points only if you kill all monsters from secondary map and after you reach silver you get poits only if you kill final boss.Also the points diferences for higher dificulties should be bigger.And this way weacker players will have some prizes but they cant compete with the strong ones.Also when i make a sugestion i would apreciate if after you debate what i write you can come with a better one because ban is not a constructive solution, BP should make this boting thing ineficient.
    That was my opinion good or bad, i think this changes should be implemented.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.