Leveling options

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sibcoe, Nov 7, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sibcoe

Sibcoe Forum Greenhorn

Hi - as a new player, do I have to do story quests to level? I love the game, but am not a big quest fan. I see some people mention jumping into "Q1" at level 10, which I assume is Parallel World access from another character they already have higher level?

Anyway to run maps to level instead of questing?

Thanks!

2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

You do not need to take the quests, although they do help you level up faster.

Also, there are some maps can only be opened by doing the quests. (Stalgard for example).

Q1 is a parallel world and once you have 1 character that has opened it, then yes, your 2nd (and beyond) can go there at level 10.

3. Sibcoe

Sibcoe Forum Greenhorn

Makes sense - thanks!

4. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

And also, now with the addition of higher difficulty levels all over Dracania, parallel worlds (which get unlocked when you hit lvl 50) aren't that essential for faster level-ups. since you can go to higher modes on these... But you are required to complete certain missions to unlock them (https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/release-200-scaling-dungeons-feature-quests.74690/) so skipping quests, which offer quite a high amount of experience, might not be smart.

trakilaki likes this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Also ... bear in mind you have to finish all the main quests to get access to the scaling dungeons.
    It is best if you finish all the quests on your way up. Later you will have difficult time to even find them ... since they are not showing on the map once you are higher level.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm sort of surprised that no one mentioned the most important reason to do the quests beyond leveling up faster... Andermant. The Quests all give the "real money" currency which is very useful for unlocking inventory space, locker space, buying gems, and many other things. I'd recommend prioritizing locker and inventory space since it is a gift that keeps on giving. After buying the first line of inventory space, be sure to check the shop (press the 'T' key) so you can buy three lines of space at a time for a discount over buying the lines individually.

7. Raghveir

Raghveir Forum Greenhorn

Adding to what Baragain said - most of the quests involve monster killing. If you leave it for later, you'll find monsters to be below your "worthy" range when you go back to it - they won't count for daily challenges and whats more important , you get less ander for killing them.

As a fresh player, I'm mixing story line quests with events and that easily qot me to PW lvl . I want to finish it for max ander and climb my way through PW eventually ;)

_Baragain_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.