Feedback Lor’Tac Levels/Maps

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by teddy.bear, Aug 6, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello Heroes,

In the table below you can find all visible levels of the continent of Lor’Tac.

Please comment on the appearance and the overall difficulty degree of the individual map.

MapName
    map1.pngDwarven Expedition Camp (safe)
    map2.pngStillwater Bay
    map3.pngFrog River Delta
    map4.pngYaltepetl (safe)
    map5.pngTwilight Downs
    map6.pngFjalnir’s Cradle of Frost
    map7.pngOceanus’s Opal Shrine
    map8.pngFyrgon’s Path of Fire
    map9.pngAgathon’s Alliance Hall
    map10.pngNahuatlan
    map11.pngCradle of Life
    map12.pngCradle of Death
    map13.pngYolotl
    no imageSealed Sepulcher
    no imageSpirit Chamber
    no imageArtaya’s Sanctum

We are looking forward to your feedback!​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

Commenting on the maps I have already fully explored.

Dwarven Expedition Camp
    Looks beautiful, just like Stillwater Bay. The inactive Travel Stone was a nice touch, though there seems to be a bug (or is it intended?), that you can still travel to this location even if you haven't activated the stone yet.

Stillwater Bay
    Maybe it's because my build is terrible, or maybe it's because I'm not used to the new skills yet, but this area seemed way too hard. The monsters come in large groups, and they often have those extra-hard-hitting rare mobs with them (would like to know how they work, quite confused about the system). And also, why is it a dungeon? Would've made more sense as a wilderness area. The map itself is really nice looking, and the water effects are amazing compared to the rest of the game.

Yaltapetl
    Probably the worst looking map so far. It just feels so empty and unfinished.

Twilight Downs
    And this is probably the best map so far. Looks absolutely beautiful with the contrast between corrupted and uncorrupted, and the waterfall bridge in the middle is for some reason my favorite place in the whole game. Not gonna comment on the difficulty, because I just ran there with my level 45 char so I don't know how hard it is for a level 47.

3. xmageeq

xmageeq Forum Apprentice

I saw starting quests' exp on 46 lvl map, they dont even grant u 50k exp...
    We're supposed to grind 2 weeks probably to get to 46. I bet will be same for 47 too, after that maybe less grind ...

4. xEthnic5

xEthnic5 Forum Apprentice

Lmao its so easy to get to 50.
    I did Quests yesterday and got from 45 to 46 in 5 Hours

5. xmageeq

xmageeq Forum Apprentice

You got 1,5kk exp from Q only ?

6. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

I gotta say, it was surprisingly easy to get from 45 to 46. Took me about 4 hours. I didn't even have to grind any other mobs than those needed for quests, because there were so many of them to do. Boss monsters also rewarded for massive amounts of xp. Grouping with random ppl makes it even easier, and being part of a guild gives you extra xp (not much, but at least some). Compared to level 40-41 grind, I would say this was even enjoyable.

By the way, there were some problems with quest objects not respawning, hope they fix that.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I was doing only killing without the quests ... I managed to get to level 46 in 2-3 hours. I was playing solo ... you get more xp when playing solo.
    Like the other players said those mini bosses are giving a lot of XP ... and there are HUGE number of bosses on some maps. In addition they are respawning relatively fast.
    I hope they won't change this when on live servers.

xEthnic5 likes this.
  8. dannyy868686

dannyy868686 Someday Author

it wont take long to lvl, I saw 2 lvl 50 dks yesterday afternoon, so they did it in what 1 day?, maybe bit to fast?

9. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

Don't give them ideas about it being too fast. Seriously.

thebearreturns likes this.
  10. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

The names are interesting enough, they tease for the story line that goes with them.
    A pronunciation guide for the exotic names might prevent some confusion. Or the CM's could teach us in Twitch. (Please agree first, don't make us unlearn stuff.) :rolleyes:

11. trakilaki

Count them off. Those are virtually buffed up characters (without playing). I spotted few of them yesterday ... I was at TS almost the entire day and never saw them play. There are a lot of quests need to be done just to unlock the maps ... so there is no way that someone could level up to level 50 in 1 day.
    Those are "privileged" characters. Some of them are being "randomly" invited into twitch sessions, testings or BP's video clips.

12. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

With LorTac having almost double the number of maps compared to Myrdosch, grind to 50 must be easier.
    Moreover, the maps are beautiful and the mobs are Tough to an extent. Enjoy playing in each MAP before you get bored of it.
    Remember, once you hit 50 which will be pretty soon, there will be nothing new in this game for about 2 more years. You have to grind dark dungeons repeatedly in the parallel world later on.
    So, Enjoy these maps now. We have flesh and blood back replacing Iron and steel.
    And those graphics and animations in Lor'Tac are pretty cool.
    Spend your time on them and read through the storyline as you do quests.
    I believe, the lesser the number of quests more fun leveling up.

shadow-whisper likes this.
  13. shadow-whisper

shadow-whisper Forum Mogul

Yaltepetl is so far the most boring city. Hopefully the map is unfinished, it looks so cheap..too small, undetailted etc. :confused: Not gonna spent there even a minute after I finish the quests. Really underwhelming compared to the other new maps which look awesome imo.

Visited the first 8-9 maps and stopped after killing the Nefertari boss. Wanted to keep something unexplored untill I will play it with my chars on real server...

The first map, Stillwater bay gives way too much exp for killing creatures. From lvl 45 to 46 in not even 2 hours ? The leveling speed is TOO FAST and should be noticeable lowered otherwise players will get 50lvl in one day. :eek:

Oceanus´s Opal shrine is probably the biggest map yet, but my favourite was Fjalnir’s Cradle of Frost. Even though small, it´s the most beautiful map ever, the first part especialy.

Overall I´m pleased by the design, music is great and it´s much much better than the Myrdosch junkyard.

CM Greg and Shiladitya like this.
  14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I like that map because it gets bigger and cooler. Plus, the map that grows and changes as you complete the quest line is a nice game mechanic that we've never had before.

15. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

Still haven't got to Nahuatlan, the difficulty is just insanely hard and I can't solo any of the dungeons. But from what I've seen, it is amazing-looking. Definitely the best map (visually) on Lor'Tac. Cradle of Death also looks really good. Can't wait to get there.

16. trakilaki

Yep ... those monsters hit harder than the monsters in parallel worlds.
    The maps are good looking ... and especially Cradle of Death ... that map is amazing. It reminds me of the first Sargon event "Bloody Harvest". And of course not just because it has the same atmosphere and looking but because Sargon the Terrible is there ... and is giving the quest called "The Resurrection". ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  17. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

Very nostalgic, an awesome throwback to one of my favorite events :). I didn't even know this was part of the Cradle of Death, I only saw some screenshots from the darker parts of the map. And now I just want to get there and see the map for myself.

18. trakilaki

I was playing ... and still i am ... those new maps and I was irritated by the fact that those monsters drop only s14 andermant. The devs didn't change that for years. To get x14 andermant from level 48-50 monsters is really low move from the devs.
    And then when I thought they can't be bigger EDIT than they are now ... they once again proved me wrong! o_O

They lowered the drop to x5 andermant on level 47-48 maps and the monsters on my level (level 50) are dropping x11 andermant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey devs... what a bunch of LOSERS ... YOU are!!!

Last edited by moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    CM Greg and Darwarren like this.
  19. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

They gouge a little here, gouge a lot there. Nerf this, nerf that. Require more this, require a lot more that. Stick it to us at every opportunity. Squeeze us 'til we are bone dry.

Who said Developers can't play the players like a cheap fiddle? Who knew sadism could be so much fun? :)

P. S. Don't forget to hold out a glimmer of hope. It might get better, before the fit hits the shan on the 26th!

20. trakilaki

The drops just got even better

[​IMG]

x1 andermant in Stillwater Bay!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So according to this from now on only worthy monsters are dropping andermants.
    And only level 50 monsters are dropping x14 andermant for level 50 player .... and the best part is ... THERE IS NO level 50 map (except for Yolotl where Balor is and the PW's).
    BTW PW level 50 monsters are dropping level 49 items :eek:

Darwarren, CM Greg and Lokus1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.