Low(er) FPS in Urban Areas

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by piteris2, Dec 30, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

What is this? I can't believe it! Whenever I go to Urban areas I get like 30 fps lower. And no, my hardware is not the problem. I've tried it on multiple PCs and still I get low fps in urban areas! Everywhere else I get smooth 60 fps. Please I don't want anyone telling me "Update drivers" or "Upgrade specs of PC" or "Lower settings" because I am CERTAIN that it has nothing to do with my hardware/software/PC specs. Please tell BP to optimise urban areas graphically, every other game I play I get 60 fps at 1080p at max graphics, but not DSO.

2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

It seems to me to be the last of the things on what developers should waste their time, but if it is so important in your opinion... what could I tell you...

The fact that the code is written by feet is under our eyes, it is the only game in which a simple hotfix forces to download the whole package. I think that miracles have already been achieved by devs, managing it to avoid the continuous system crashes that occurred up to a year and a half ago.

Now there is still a lot to do about class balancing, new mechanics and next expansions. if then the frames in a city are 40 or 60, I personally do not care at all: i don't play a game to stand still in urban areas.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

What do you mean you don't care about your fps? So you like it when you enter an urban area and you start getting horrible screen tearing and lags, even though everywhere else you get nice, smooth performance? What kind of game has lag half the time and no lag otherwise?

If standing around in urban areas is so bad, why do I see all the lvl 55 pros standing around in urban areas for hours on end? Don't you don't care about crafting items? Apparently, that's what all the pros do.

Since you don't seem to know much about PC hardware, computer programming and game developing, I would like to receive an answer to my question from a moderator/dev, not a random player like you.

Also what does "code is written by feet is under our eyes" even mean? No offence, but I can hardly understand your English!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  4. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @piteris2 and welcome to DSO English forum.
    This board serves as a debating medium. It is a place where players are giving feedback and helping each other when needed. Everyone is welcome to use the forum and try to help other players.
    The moderators are regular players who have joined the team so they can help the other players. Some of them may have knowledge in the area and some may not, but in general they are not having IT background.
    The devs are doing their job with the game, they are not using the forum to answer random players and solve random issues.
    Since you are not seeking answer from "random players", which are the essence of the forum, and moderators cannot provide you with a geeky answer, I will have to forward you to our support team and close the thread.

Cheers.

Javah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.