Lucky groups of drops

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by BigPapa, Feb 22, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Reality check: They are all disposable uniques, any effort put into crafting them into something marginally useful would be wasted. Also... Memory check: it has not been that long ago since the devs increased the drop of these world loot uniques only to nerf those drops a short time later.
    Yeah, I suppose :rolleyes:

AndJustice4All likes this.
  2. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

These may not prove anything, as the pics are not showing the stuff dropped on the ground, but here you are anyway.

Yesterday I went to the secret lairs [inf1] about 5 times. Mostly nothing worth mentioning dropped, but in one of the runs these items dropped from monsters: (rune of materi blessing + dragonspawn 10%xp + costume + unique + legendary)
    I thought it was pretty good. Yachak is useless for me now and I have had the costume for 3 years or so, but as a drop combo, not bad...

[​IMG]

And then today I ran 1 once on fatal, and while Grimmag kept dropping nothing for me before, now the entire Q1 yielded 3 uniques:

[​IMG]

Yes, again Yachak and The Untouchables... I must admit, since R220 dropped, I only managed to get exactly 2 PW boss unique items. Grimmag's boots and Heredur's shield, and both were a melting material for bad base values.
    So you can argue these are no lucky drops. But on the other hand, they are lucky in a way, because these items never used to drop this often.
    But sometimes I feel like these uniques take up the space of PW boss uniques :/ If I wanted Grimmag's set, exactly how long would I have to wait for it to drop, and how many times would I have to drop it until good base values rolled on it? :/

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

And if/when those fatal (T3) Grimmag/Heredur items do actually drop with decent base numbers, you have to collect legendary (same item) T4, T5, T6, and T7 plus 1050 Augment cores just to get it to T7 (each item, so that's 2100 cores for both boots and shield and 8 legenaries).

Then another 450 Augment cores and a legendary T8 (for me extremely rare) to finish upgrading each.

That's 3000 Augment cores... for two replacement items (if you already have T8's).

I'd be completely fine with 220 if they had done everything except increase the boss difficulty.

4. Bigcoeg

Bigcoeg Forum Apprentice

ASK, If you as free player how to get best drop chance?? sorry new player

5. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Ye it's a lot of work... That's just the design of this game. You have to decide for one build and go for that. And then maybe after 5 years you can try to build something new.

I don't know :/ The drop is a weighted RNG. Imo, the only way how to increase one's chance is to farm and farm and farm. The more kills, the higher chance for the items to drop. <- well, not exactly. But it's like this: Let's say you'd like to find a lost wallet somewhere on a street. If you don't go out at all, you have 0% chance. If you go out once, you have 0.000001% chance. And if you go out a million times, maybe you could have 1% chance...
    It's very unfair. Some people used to farm for Khalys' cloak for example - hundreds of runs and nothing. And some other players got the cloak on their 2nd try :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. Bigcoeg

Bigcoeg Forum Apprentice

What is RNG??
    ASK again, if i have premium can i have chance drops??
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/q9-farming-for-boots-and-never-droped-it.77551/
    How about this thread??

7. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

RNG = random number generation. Weighted RNG = random number generation where different numbers have different chance to be selected.

This means that if a boss can drop
    A (Gorgon Boots, Kraken's Amulet)

B (Yachak's belt, Yachak's boots, Yachak's gloves)

C (Dragon Slayer quiver, Dragon Slayer bow)

D (The Untouchables mask, pauldrons, torso, gloves, shield),

A has 0.5% chance
    B has 5% chance
    C has 1% chance
    D has 5% chance

If it wasn't weighted, it'd be completely random. In that case, the chance would be the same for each item. Which isn't the case in the game, because clearly, some items tend to drop much more than others.

(^ The % numbers are arbitrary. I have no idea what the real odds are.)
    As for Premium, officially and from its description in-game, it does NOT give you better odds to get unique items.
    But that doesn't mean it doesn't give you any such advantage. I don't know.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  8. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Problem with that is that they have reduced the farming to gardening.

A farmer works his fields to make a profit (ie: get rewards). However, in this game they have now taken away the farmers big tools used to do the farming and given the "farmer" hand tools to do the gardening (which is a hobby and doesn't make profit).
    --OR you can look at this way--
    The farmer works his field to make a profit. In this game, they have now replaced the dirt he plants and grows and harvests (farming) with ground up concrete/asphalt. Now he can't actually farm, as nothing grows.

DEVs:
    Undo the Infernal changes to "Damage" and "Health" increases of everything. We want to farm once again. And you best do it before you loose too many people... cause I've seen a massive decrease in attendance and all those I know on Premium are planning now to not renew till things are fixed. And if it takes to long to fix, they will leave. They will not stay with a Pay to Play game that is only rewarding in the amounts of _frustration_ given to players.

I give example: In my friends list, DrHorrible is no more. That's one of the top DKs and the best DK I know, over 6 years old, now gone.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  9. Bigcoeg

Bigcoeg Forum Apprentice

Okey thanks for answer, i know now hard farm and doing farm more more and more is way to get chance drops.hahaah

10. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

I feel really lucky
    [​IMG]

Akageshi and navelko like this.
  11. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

125x? :3

12. Nethielle

Nethielle Padavan

Hi!
    Here's my contribute [​IMG]

navelko likes this.
  13. alfrou

alfrou Forum Apprentice

Hey guys, I dont know if you remember my post on July4th ( day of 220 release ), when I had bought tier1 Q7 weapons from boss shop, some with gold base values. Some said it was a waste of resources to upgrade those. Well, 4 weeks later, and after some serious materi farming to get Augment cores ( I already had the materi cores ), here is what happened: - ( check out the last one - mace tier8).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    MENTOL and navelko like this.
  14. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

Zumpe piñata op op
    [​IMG]
    This is the scheme for blue royal gems

MENTOL likes this.
  15. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

16. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Haven't got neither green or blue for an ages, and yesterday, during the 1h ... khm :D, I got green twice, but didn't bother to ptrScr it.

This is the post reason:

[​IMG]

It's been a long time since I got 2 plat enchants on the pink item but this time they are useful, both, as a type (id oti), not as a value (77 one especially),

trakilaki and -Faeriequeen22- like this.
  17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

On painful :D

[​IMG]

AndJustice4All and Dzungla like this.
  18. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

On inf 3 :D

[​IMG]

navelko and trakilaki like this.
  19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Not a big deal , any noob can get it on infernal 3 or 4.
    I challenge you to get Mortis Helmet on Normal like a pro :)

[​IMG]

AndJustice4All, navelko and Dzungla like this.
  20. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Not so hard - dig the old one from kobold and refine it :D

--MERGED--

@teddy.bear , @Mal3ficent ... can I get a bump for this and sorry for double posting but on edit I would still need one and this is like "FINALLY!!!" drop :D

[​IMG]

Like I said above - finally !!! (though I've already get over my 1k clovers loss :))

Last edited by moderator: Nov 2, 2019
    trakilaki and navelko like this.