Making Videos Again

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Dec 20, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It's been a while since I've done a video. I've been rebuilding my character for the last 2.5 months and only recently have I gotten my build to the point where I can do anything interesting. In particular, this was prompted by someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about and couldn't be further from the truth.
    7:51 to clear Q1 Infernal I with blues and red for the boss. Two potions used during the boss to cover minor mistakes. I've been farming this one for a couple days now to wrap up my gold trophy in Q1 with 17k-18k points each run. Should be done today.

silverseas, trakilaki, Zoltan and 5 others like this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Not too shabby for someone that
    (yeah, I just had to go there :p)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

At that rate just give it a few more weeks and you'll be doing the same thing on green ess. :p

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Wow nice, one question though, what did you do and gained so much exp :p That little blue down there is bothering me lol :D.
    Btw will you buy a Q 2h weapon or you will stick to the axe?

_Baragain_ likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

I did that on purpose. I finished a quest while I was LVL 54, the one with the most XP I could find, but didn't turn it in. Then I carefully ground out single monsters until I was less than one monster away from leveling and then turned in the quest. I wanted to start the path to LVL 60 with as much of a head start as possible. :p
    I plan to replace it with the Herald's mace eventually, but I'm not going to buy one because of the random base values. I have a T3 one, but it has garbage base stats, so it demonstrates why buying would be a bad idea. I do run several T4 and T5 runs a week hoping for some good luck, but nothing so far. I do love axes because it makes achieving crit really easy, but since the changes with LVL 55, the top DPS build is not an axe anymore. The reason is the changes to how you get crit for your build. You can now reach 80%++ with gear and a good decoration making the lower base damage on an axe a handicap. Unless Infernal III, IV, or V nerfs crit to such a point that you can't maintain 80% in the higher difficulties... then axe builds may make a comeback.

I know... just goes to show that skill is more important than raw stats. The only thing the stats are good for is doing this faster and with less resources.

I'm waiting to see him show up and make some sort of snide comment that just further illustrates why I laugh at his supposed expertise.

You aren't kidding. My damage with reds is just over the top damages you see from some super-DKs, and my crit damage is lower. With a little more time, I'll be able to more than double my DPS.

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

So much work for nothing :p
    Last time they made all the players at starting XP point :p

7. _Baragain_

That was because of the Dragan XP exploit that artificially boosted players to LVL 50. Also, if I recall correctly, they only reset your XP if you had more than a certain amount of which would indicate the bug/exploit affected you.

For example, look at the video I made immediately after the level cap was raised. My XP was not reset because it was below the threshold.

Soooo, as long as they don't screw up and make another XP bug, I should get to keep that XP. :D

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Mine was reset ... even if i did get to level 50 in regular way and way before the bug :p

9. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

When you opened that PvP menu, I thought you were actually going to register for PvP because you were gonna kill Grimmag in another 5 seconds flat before it could trigger. xD

10. _Baragain_

Fat fingered trying to hit a health potion... I'm lucky I lived through that. :p

11. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

You gotta admit it would've made a great clickbait title though: Dr. Horrible kills Grimmag before PvP match can trigger! It's a race against time! xD

EhtovK and _Baragain_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.