Announcement Meet your new Community Manager.

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CMClayton, Jan 11, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

Glad to have you on board.

Looked forward to your visit to Tegan regularly :)

knifesss likes this.
  2. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Well that didn't take such a long time :p They are nerfed in TS now.

[​IMG]

3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Uuhhh, I see a skill bar switcher... :rolleyes:

Oh... And yeah: Welcome to the Aderworld gringo!
    By the way, the forum is the smarter way to go rather than that stupid facebook ****.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Dylannn likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Waaaah ... waaaah

[​IMG]

Opalsion likes this.
  5. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Welcome, CMClayton... liking your potential; hope you will live up to it in this crazy, crazy place :D.

Here's something that is related to recent/ongoing stuff: what happened to the 4th Dragan mini? Wasn't here last time either, IIRC. How can we get the full achievement/title if we can only do 3/4 (those who haven't in past events, of course) ? Or is there a plan to get rid of it and change the achievement too?

Also, what's the reason behind those name-suggesting threads?
    Back from where?

6. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

Welcome mr CMClayton! Good luck with your DSO journey. :)

[​IMG]

trakilaki likes this.
  7. CMClayton

CMClayton Community Team Team Drakensang Online

I just got an official answer as to why the 4th event was not run in a while: We now run 2-3 mini events per major event, and shuffle them around. I've told the people responsible for events that you requested it, and also brought up the achievement you pointed out.

As for earning the achievement within the current system, I was told that the game should remember which mini events you have already completed, which would allow people to still earn the achievement. What are your though on that?

Thanks, amigo! Keen eye you got there, you'll see what it's meant for soon :-D
    I watched that gif loop way more than I should have, it'll hijack my dreams for sure. lol. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Thanks Guitarman! Is Tegan where all the cool kids hang out? And here I was, wasting my time in Kingshill like a sucker! :-D

:) A much requested change, indeed. I've only seen people talk about it on the forums, though. As the new guy, how can I be sure that this request represents the majority of the community? Its questions like this that keep me up at night.

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I used to be a very heavy player and pretty active on the forums, and when I heard there was a new CM, I was not surprised.

I think that it is nice that you believe that bringing player concerns to the dev's will have some form of impact. If you really spend time on the forums, you'll find out that isn't always the case.

You specifically mentioned the Dragan event, so let's begin there.

When Dragan first came out, it was the most requested event period. There were plenty of good things about it. Nice long event, 1 boss kill equaled getting a guaranteed unique.

Over the course of time, they added more and more grind to the event. Finally in the infinite wisdom that the dev's have, they changed the event and took away not only one of the best gear sets in the game, but the ability to actually get a guaranteed piece of gear.

The excuse was "We'll bring Dragan around more often".

To date, that excuse isn't exactly the truth.

The event was also supposed to be two weeks long, but alas, that isn't the truth either.

Of course this is not limited to just the Dragan event.

Before Dragan, there was Sargon. Most would say that if that event wasn't the best, it made a great argument for being the best.

So what did the dev's do?

They stopped that event all together.

Look at the moon events.

The "official" feedback for the moon events lasted over 18 months and take a guess how many player concerns were addressed?

To their credit, the Full Moon is actually better.

The New Moon, well it was bad before but completely worse now.

Sure they brought new sets that can be bought, but let's not dream that these sets are anywhere near good enough.

There used to be great "invasion" events, but that is a thing of the past.

I would recommend that you go through the official "feedback" threads for the events and make notes on all the complaints and then compare that with all the fixes to address those concerns.

You'll see first hand why so many players have left this game.

Now don't think that this is limited to events.

The dev's have demonstrated time and time again that they will release what they want, when they want and don't care what players think about it.

Need an example? The Combat Value rating.

Need another? PVP balancing.

One thing that you need to keep in mind about balancing. Whatever type of character a player is using, the others are all OP. Doesn't matter which one they use. There will be arguments as to why DK's, SM's, Rangers and Mages are OP by someone who doesn't play it.

The solution suggested by many players is to separate the PVE / PVP stats/abilities. Of course this type of thing is way too complicated for the current development team. So they simply claim that it isn't possible.

I truly wish you the best of luck in dealing with the dev's and hopefully your passion will not be squashed too quickly. There are many long term players that have offered time and time again ways to improve this game that would not only benefit the player but the bottom line of the company.

Happy players spend more money.

I realize that DSO doesn't agree with that, but it is economics 101.

Maybe if the dev's begin to slightly care about what the players want and need, some players will take another look at coming back to this game.

Yes, I realize that some player ideas have been implemented somewhat recently. The extra ess bar, the health pot thingy, but these things took years to implement after begging and more begging by players. So giving credit for something that took 2, 3 or more years is a bit much for my taste.

Instead the dev's spent how long creating new maps that most players took 3 to 5 days to complete and never ever visit again?

I realize that spending some of that time to actually create a map that players wanted would take effort on the part of the development team and effort seems to be something that they lack.

The best thing about DSO and I think most players would agree with is the Graphics team. They are awesome. It's just a shame that their dedication and skill isn't matched by the others who work at DSO.

That's my little rant and I'll check back in few months to see if anything positive is being said about DSO or if the same old complaints are still be tossed around daily.

VMmage, Reinier, MikeyMetro and 4 others like this.
  9. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

You pretty much said what I wanted to say. I was just to lazy:). I miss the Sargon event. When those events were around I didn't get to play them much because i still was trying to lvl up and get stronger. I was on tegan after playing another server like an idiot. So I missed out on those old events. I know I am not the only one that missed out on those events. I wanted to add that the dragan event is getting to point, why even bother. I like the other dragan set better.I'm not near the only one that agrees to this either. We need the voting sytem to make things a bit simpler for change. 6400 draken for each equipment cost quite a bit, that is 19200 draken for the full set.

10. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

What was it before the nerf?

11. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Let me guess... 13%? :)

12. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

No, it was 9% "increased" crit dmg, and you could only equip it on off hand items

13. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

9% increased critical damage which stacked on existing critical damage stats, meaning if you had 2,00 critdmg (which is the basic amount you get), you'd get +0,18 from that gem etc. (3,00 ; +0,27 and I guess you can do the maths :p)

Something else that was highly requested (not only by me): a little rework on ranger talents and skills such as precision shot. The recent nerf has removed the double-damage "bug" which was never a bug, honestly. And as a result, people dislike rangers in their groups even more :(

I am sure you are looking into this... but I just wanted to make sure you'd have a look at this issue.

Threads like this one are of high value: the problem is being addressed in a very good way... and there are suggestions to slightly 'buff' rangers, which is needed for PvE... really.

There are a few youtube vids too, and this one, in particular, really shows that there is in fact a huge problem that has to be solved :/

All credits to Opalsion for this vid:

There are a lot of people that have lots of ideas to rework the ranger class a bit, to make it more attractive and balanced for PvE in general.
    As you can see, I'm not a creative guy whatsoever, but I simply hope you'll take your time looking into a few of those threads, looking at that video ... It's simply sad that so many people do not invite rangers to their group, and particularly look for dwarfs. In an MMO, that's a shame :(

I guess that's a bit community-based too... but ok, that's not the important thing here right now :)

Just take a look at the class please, many rangers are feeling demotivated since the recent "bugfix" (I don't even know why that double-damage was considered a bug... but alright), and it kinda affects the entire game as well. I'm not playing a ranger myself, so please don't think I'm making this entire post for my own benefit. I just don't like the way the game is going right now.

Hopefully you understood my message, I'm pretty tired as I wrote this, so I need some sleep right now. :p

I hope you're the CM that will bring this game back to its old glory, so keep up all of your good work and don't give up! :)

Kind regards

VMmage, cdeepal, Opalsion and 2 others like this.
  14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Before the nerf it was 9%, 12% and 15% "increased critical damage"
    Who needs 9% increased damage when I have this item :p

[​IMG]

Opalsion likes this.
  15. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

If the minis will change from one event to another, or from two to another two, etc., then all is good. Yeah, the game does remember minis done: for example, I did one from the Dark Dwarf Heist in one event and the rest in another and all counted up fine (slightly different thing, but similar enough). Thanks!
    Uhm, there's a Kingshill in Tegan too... meant Heredur xD ?

16. CMClayton

Regarding the requests, I want to setup a clean way of getting them that is quantifiable and therefore translates into actionable data.
    I personally would like to start with bug fixes, as this is something every player would appreciate.

As you all well know, there is a number of bugs which are quite old and continue to annoy the community. While I can't promise that everything will be fixed. However, I do want to gather a concrete list of bugs that bother you all the most so that I can get some feedback on what is going on and what we hope to do about it. This list will be compared to the lists of other languages to make sure that all communities are being represented, not just English.

I'm going to reach out the the forum mods this week and have them set something up that lets you all vote on which bugs to address. Due to current planning, it could take 2 weeks or more to get out to you, but it will happen in the foreseeable future.

Edit: the voting on bug feature has been expanded from its original concept, and it'll take a bit more than 2 weeks for you to see it in action.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    cdeepal likes this.
  17. CMClayton

One more thing, we got a nice like feature on these boards. I ask that you all please click "like" on the feedback you agree with in this thread. As I have been playing this game for only 2 months, I am not as aware of the history and needs that long time players, such as yourselves, have.

I'll make comments on all the posts later when I have time to carefully read through them and get more details. Keep the information coming in the meantime!

cdeepal likes this.
  18. Reinier

Reinier Someday Author

Welcome CMClayton!

I'm not a very active and knowledgeable player, so I'll leave the request/discussions to the others.

However, I do read the forum and often comment with a like. So I hope you will use the numbers of like as well.

I'm glad you are very motivated, so keep up the good work!

19. rpfo

rpfo Padavan

Welcome CMClayton!

20. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Okay, it's probably a good idea to clarify the situation of Ask the CMs in English thread then, because people are posting questions there as well and it would be nice to know that our issues and suggestions are not ignored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.