More Math

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Sep 5, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Good day to you all. OK, so this isn't so much math, as it is analysis.
    The other day in the Crafting 2.0.3 thread, I mentioned how the "Show what you have" thread has allowed me to track my changes over time, and that got me thinking, "What does my growth look like?"

So I did what any self respecting nerd would do and plotted the relevant data to look for trends.

Offensive:
    [​IMG]

Defensive:
    [​IMG]

To me, it is very interesting. For example, you can clearly see where Crafting 2.0 was introduced on the offensive graph because that is when my DPS spiked. On the other hand, with the exception of finishing my knowledge points and the changed to gems in R158, there has been very little drastic change to my Effective HP ins the past 8-9 months and much of my time has been focused on making sure that number doesn't drop as my DPS goes up. You can even see that, despite the armor dropping, the effective HP has still risen in the past in the past four months due to my HP continuing to rise with the help of Crafting 2.0.

Of course, not all of this has been due to Crafting 2.0. Some of it is due to careful gear choices in conjunction with Crafting. For example, there may not look like much change on the Defensive graph between the third to last and the second to last data points (just a little drop in armor and a modest increase of HP for a total of about 600 increase to the effective HP). However, 5 items changed between these two points to improve the DPS, but were carefully selected so that my defense wouldn't suffer. If you look at the same dates on the offensive side, there was the first and only damage drop I've ever shown, a small speed drop (which has been dropping since I reached LVL 50, :p ) but that came with a huge jump to the crit and crit damage. In all honesty, it is surprising that I had those sorts of offensive gains with no defensive loss and, in fact, still managed to improve that too.

Part of me wishes that I had privately tracked every change over time (I don't mean trying new builds, I mean changes to my actually usable build) so that I could see the weekly ebb and flow of my toon. After all, my "show off" stats are after I've had some time to balance any changes, and show a net improvement.

Mephistophelian likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Hmmm .. interesting.
    I think I can use this method to make analysis for my sexual potency over time. I only need to check my records ... and recordings. :D

VukChe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.