Feedback New crafting system / Work bench

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by teddy.bear, Aug 25, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I went back to the TS to check this out more with the added testing materials. I am still thoroughly unimpressed.

I did get a good chuckle when I noticed that the pointer quest for crafting books was added to the Useless Rubbish quest line :D (Yeah, I get it, the joke is on us ;))

The official statement about this tout the idea that somehow crafting is "improved" with this change. The crafting methods are the same. The cost is the same. The (low) chance of success is the same. So where is the improvement?

True, augment cores add a new way to up tiers but the price for these still remains at the jacked-up price that was changed since the first time we saw this. Since new tiers seem to be coming multiple times per years now this pretty much nullifies any realistic benefit of this feature.

I really do not get how anyone can say this fluff helps to understand crafting. It's really simple. Grind away 'til the desired ingredient items are found. Then spending tens of thousands of gold until either luck or abject frustration kicks in :rolleyes:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

trakilaki, wolfie54 and Yogo like this.
  2. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Since gun's thread is closed and archived:
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/unconfirmed-crafted-process.71895/
    I'll post here.
    It looks like we're finally getting a confirmation window for crafting when you press ESC, SPACE or (X) by mistake, or not:
    [​IMG]

Getting disconnected or a crash is the same as always, it accepts the result automatically.

EDIT: BTW mods, the "slot" word from "equipment slot type" needs to be removed.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    gun, trakilaki and Fynkz like this.
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It looks like there are new "features" with the crafting.
    But I found them by accident ... by playing with the gear and the workbench.

1. You can do Soul Crafting with items of same tier.
    2. (i don't know if this is intentional or bug ... still, it is present in the game) You can upgrade not just the tier of an unique item ... but you can upgrade the level as well ... and still transfer the enchantments from the lower level/tier item into the higher level/tier item.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of my findings will be available in the wiki guide (when updated) :p

4. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

I do not see any bug. It is normal that you can transfer "blue" enchantment from unique item to same unique items with higher tier. Level of items can be different.
    You do not upgrade item but you transfer enchantments.

5. trakilaki

Are you kidding me? :D
    Soul Core Transfer crafting is using for base stats/tier passing not enchantments.
    1. It was not possible to use 2x same unique items of different level before (it was clearly stated in the description as well). both unique items had to be of same level.
    2. One of the items had to be of higher tier ... and the system was passing the base stats and tier (not enchantments) from the higher tier onto lower tier item automatically.
    3. The order of placement was not important in the past since the system was doing automatic replacement like I mentioned in the previous point. NOW the order is of highest importance. If you make a mistake you can destroy your item.
    In the past you couldn't Soul Craft transfer items with same tier and level ... now you can. (example below)
    Example: If you have T4 unique item with 4x golden lines from leg item (Pristine core transfer) and you want to upgrade its base stats to T5 ... if you are not familiar with the changes ... you WILL destroy the item for good. Now with these changes the item in the first slot is always the one who is giving the tier and base stats to the item in the second slot (sure you can think of it as enchants passing but if we take the notes and the rules from the past then it has to be tier/base stats passing) . So ... when you put your T4 Item with 4x golden enchantments it must be in the second slot otherwise you will lose your enchantments and your higher tier base stats.
    This is what happens when you change the order of placement (downgrading):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... not just you are losing the enchantments but you are losing the good base stats from the higher tier items ... and you are losing the higher tier. You are downgrading the item ... and in this example ^ you are downgrading the level of the item as well ... as you get level 50 item. In other words ... if you are not careful you will completely destroy your item and you can start smiling and posing for the cover of Time magazine :D

Example of Items with same tier:

[​IMG]

These changes looks like minor and trivial (that is why I didn't notice them at first) ... but in fact they can cause tectonic shift to crafting ... and surely they can make you quit the game if you don't pay attention what you are doing.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    VukChe, Yogo and -Lucifer- like this.
  6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Great catch Trak. Hopefully this will get fixed before going live.

7. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

I think that transferring enchantments from t5 to t5 is the most normal thing in the world. Now I have a t5 crafted weapon (Damage 690). if I found a better t5 weapon (Damage 750) I should discard it because I can not transfer my golden bonuses?

8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The problem is unintended consequences of programming this feature into the game. The work bench isn't very intuitive and instead of transferring your good enchantments into your good base stats, you might misclick and transfer the bad enchantments into the bad base stats for the worst of all worlds combination.

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

If this is intentional... This is the kind of information that we need in those recipes, not that incomplete [EDIT] they provided.

-----------

It would be nice if they could save us some work on crafting and add a guaranteed line transfer... like the first enchantment line from the item in the first workbench slot is always inherited. They could highlight that first line and display that enchantment in the result before crafting. For example on exos:
    - 18.01% critical damage
    - inherited enchantment
    - random enchantment
    That would at least save us the green to blue transfer. And highly improve our chances for the other ones.:cool:

Last edited by moderator: Sep 8, 2017
  10. -Lucifer-

-Lucifer- Forum Greenhorn

That guaranteed line transfer is a nice idea, now when the craft is worse than ever. I think they broke the craft so that when they introduce the new wb all people should be happy.

11. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

This is a good idea, it'll help alleviate the gambling problem of the game: but that's why i doubt they would even consider such a idea: you see it's a good idea, players might like it, they might praise the developers, they might positively advertise the game, this may attract new players, but the developers can't let that happen, it's a good thing and they don't want those

12. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

It's clearly intentional, it's even described in the recipe

[​IMG]

And yes, you are trnsferring the enchantment onto the "reciving unique" and not vice versa (as clearly stated in the recipe) that's why you will keep also the slots of the "reciving" unique.

The item you want to "destroy" must be in the second slot, the one you want to keep must be in the first slot.
    The one you want to keep must have the "good base stats", the one you want to destroy must have the good enchants.

They will let you "lower" the tier because with the augment cores it could happen that you want to transfer a good crafted unique onto a lower tier unique with better golden base stats that you will later upgrade with the augment cores.

gun likes this.
  13. trakilaki

Dude I agree it is very useful change ... I am just letting you know what the changes are :) since it was not that way until now.

I can agree with you ... but can't agree with this one
    Because no matter how you say it the result is exactly the same ... including the gem slots.
    Said in both ways is 100% accurate:
    When you are packing a lollipop ... do you put the cover onto the lollipop or you put the lollipop inside the cover? :D
    [​IMG]

You are missing my point. I agree that changing tiers down or up (or same tier) is useful ... but i am not talking about the Tier.
    I am talking about the item's level ... yes it is useful to upgrade your item from level 50 to level 55 and change the tier from T1 to T5 in same time ... But the other way around is hazardous especially for people who are not familiar with the crafting or those new players. And since you are referring to the recipe ... item's level is nowhere mentioned there. You and I may not make mistake ... but there are people who will only be reading the workbench text and pay a high price. Those are mostly the new players who just reached certain level and are having lower level items ... but also can be a veteran player who is not familiar with the changes especially if they lift the cap up to level 60. I can place a bet that 50% of the players would make a mistake and destroy the item.

Anyway ... as said earlier ... it was too good to be true :D ... RoD has been removed :D it was just a temporary item

[​IMG]

VukChe likes this.
  14. Озирис

Озирис Forum Greenhorn

Trakilaki - what item level I will get if I use augment cores to increase tier 3 Grimm adornment to tier 4 and the item lvl is 50? I will get tier 4 lvl 55 (my current level) or I will get tier 4 lvl 50 (which will be strange since tier 4+ for unique items is available only for lvl 55+ players)?

15. trakilaki

You item's level doesn't change ... only the tier is changing.
    Now ... what you said was my dilemma as well ... because we know you can't get level 50 T3+ item. And with testings I managed to upgrade the tier of level 50 item from T1 to T5 with Augment Cores.
    I had a conversation with one of the QA guys on the Test Server ... and he asked the design team. The answer was "it is intentional".
    The problem is they don't "read between the lines" :D
    I am 100% certain there is a flaw ... but I will keep it to myself :)
    After all I was trying to explain them the flaw for 5 days ... and they failed to notice it ... (that is why i was not updating the Wiki guide until 2 days ago because i was waiting for confirmation).

VukChe likes this.
  16. Novadude

Another unique pw amulet, another pw unique boots and still no unique pw 2H axe....

trakilaki likes this.
  17. trakilaki

And still no quivers and longbows ... and no items for 1H builds.

VukChe, Yogo and MikeyMetro like this.
  18. GoddessofWar1000

GoddessofWar1000 Someday Author

I don't get to craft anything. Got all the books, opened them, received them; books became dark in inventory. Did a test craft and worked fine. Discarded all of those received books from inventory; now I cannot craft a single thing. Wrote to support for help. Support suggested that I get the quest again in Kingshil. Kingshill won't give quest again and all books are now dark for me. This is ridiculous. Here's a thought : put crafting back the way it was and reduce cost of transferring goldline items for players. 60K mf's per combo is just too steep. For normal crafting : Most players save items that have improved stats on them to combo; why not increase stats by a reasonable percentage...meaning when you're done crafting, item should have improved similar stats. Riduclous when your crafting 4 items witj all resistance on them and you end up with damage instead...what the heck is up with that? You know, most university offer classes these days in "Common Sense".....just say'n.

19. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Have you purchased all Schematic Boxes too? or just the books?

20. Novadude

The way the process worked (at least for me) was that you buy all the 1 copper boxes. Then you click on them. You get a bunch of books. When you click on each one of the books, the book disappears and you "permanently" get the recipe. There's nothing to "discard" from the inventory.

Since you indicated that you discarded the books, it seems that was potentially the mistake. You needed to click on them - were you not able to click?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.