Suggestion New Gems for Weapon Adornment

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by MikeyMetro, Feb 20, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. nikatar

nikatar Junior Expert

Well maybe cause you are in a server on your own! That would make sense beacause at my server(balor) pretty many play and actully like it a lot! The fact that none is playing pvp anymore you know it is a lie....you really dont like it or you are not used to lose?

2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Balor is a ghost town... and Grimmag is the most populated server. Traki plays in Grimmag, just like me. Who do I see in PvP? A few addicts, a few noobs, a bunch of exploiters and a few people that are there for dailies (this includes me whenever I am there). Anyways, comparing to the total population of the server, it's an incredibly low amount. Now take out the exploiters (which may or may not be bots) and you get your (almost) no one. Exploiter doesn't play, he's exploiting. Bots don't play PvP too... they play EvP.
    Not that it was much better before R214 though.
    Yes.
    What? What the damn you all have in your heads? What damn fairness? Every time I get to play lots of times so that I give up as much as I can I am eventually matched against real newbies. If I have to win then or I am like testing something out, I can simply wreck them. They almost can't harm me and I almost one hit them.
    Not even saying... Traki gave up on his own in PvP... before the update... so how can you accuse him of being "not used to lose"?
    He's just a human... he's fallible... I don't agree myself with him on some points... but the last thing you can say about him is that he is "not used to lose".

The only good thing that comes from the new PvP is that many exploits are clearly visible... which doesn't change the fact that you have to collect an entire file for somebody to get them banned.
    Examples?
    Running speed is fixed. If I see someone is outrunning me, I am not slowed and they can't have a speed buff - eg. I am fighting a dwarf, he's not using the tactical turret and I see clearly he's not using the steam conductor... well, there can be only one explanation for that.
    Another one.
    I have 80% block rate... in the entire duel... none of the hits I take get blocked... and still that is a few to take me down... well...
    Meanwhile, my opponent is 2h (=can't possibly have 80% even with dragan's pauldrons) and all of the hits he takes get blocked...

They could make an entire automated engine that would be able to ban people... not all of them, but at least the heavier of the abusers. Yet they are not using this excellent chance.

3. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

You need to understand that creating diversity in the game is not gonna work doing it the way you want it. Creating more 1h weapons isn't the solution, but if you can't realize that is useless talking to you.
    You want diversity in the wrong way, there's a lot of possible good ideas to create a better game and you think that creating "good" 1h weapons will fix the diversity problem, you are totally wrong.
    If you manage to get out of that idea and open your mind to other possibilities we can start to build a good diverse game.

4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Alright, bring about those ideas that would create, according to you, a diverse game.

5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

And what is the other way to create diversity then?How isn't making more end game builds viable not increasing diversity?

6. MaxDisappointed

If you think changing your torso or weapon is gonna make more diverse the game, I'm impressed with you.
    I want diversity in the gameplay, not in the equipment, and less if your idea is to create more 1 hand weapons, however much you want, they will never be better than 2h ones, so they are not an option for those who want to have the best stats, now and never.
    And that's the point, there is a lot of weapons in the game, but players wanna farm fast so they choose the better option even if they can use 15 other weapons.
    I put on a new torso, and now what? I have the same stats as before and I enter maps to continue playing as ever, using the same skills at the same moments with the same monsters, this is not diversity for me.
    Let's say they change Sargon set, now I have Dragan set and I do group with a player who use Sargon's.
    We are going to farm the same way the maps, there's no difference in equiping one set or another, the mechanics are the same.
    Who cares about the icons?
    When the sets allow us to use the skills in a different way or enhance one more than others, ensuring that more or less all the sets are going to have the same potential then we can start having real diversity, because who have Sargon set is not going to use same skills at the same time in the same way as who have Dragan's one, for example. There wil be a lot of different ways to farm and play in general.
    For many sets or weapons that you do if they do not allow you to explore new ways of completing maps or facing bosses, the game will never be diverse.

7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You're just misinterpreting what we are saying.

We do want exactly what you are suggesting as well, just on top of the new good 1h weapons. Or am I wrong? Maybe you can point me the single longbow for ranger that has unique bonuses at least nearly as useful as those of q7, or even q4 set?

8. MaxDisappointed

Q7 is the basis of what they should continue to do with the sets if they want to create diversity, but I insist in saying isn't correct to want this changes to be done in 1h weapons.
    Anyway, we can dream but this game never had complexity, it's a very simple game and this is the attractive for most players who don't wanna spend a lot of time learning how the game works.
    And to be honest if devs are not changing we can't have a complex game, if with a simple one they have this troubles and bugs everywhere, imagine trying to make it more complex.

9. nikatar

nikatar Junior Expert

I read all and i dont think so that there was a reason to say all of those things and specially to 'defend' Traki!I am sure that he can speak on his own and i honestly wasnt trying to be offensive so sorry to him if it seems like that. I just mentioned what i see and what do people believe in my server. I also dont get it what you mean by balor is a 'chost town'! I know that this server has much more less people than all the others but does that means that our opinions dont even exist? Ofc not! I never said that pvp is perfect or that nothing has to change so also i dont know why you mention those things. I just cant stand you guys use words or phrases such us 'pvp is COMPLETELY destroyed! You believe that it was better before....i respect that but dont come and say those words. Even before not all players liked it and dont tell me that they were few cause you dont know that or if you say so prove it! Was there or would be actually a pvp that 100% of the people would like it?

10. sargon234

And you think that players that use 1h sets and 2h sets are going to have the same exact game play? Hell, even different 2h sets can have different gameplay
    Do you think a mage with q4 is gonna play the same as a mage with q7 set?Are you seriously claiming that?

the game is not just stats, even than, 1h players stats are going to be different than those with 2h, it's what abilities you use, how you use them

Aside from that, seeing people looking the same is boring, but that's subjective, it isn't a strong argument

11. MaxDisappointed

What are you not understanding?
    You can't pretend to start creating diversity by creating 1-hand weapons, because the point on existing 1h and 2h weapons is that 2h weapons will be more powerful, why then do you want more types of 1h weapons?
    To create diversity and change the mechanics and gameplays they need to do sets, not weapons, and sure not 1h weapons.
    While the sets keep giving us "+ x crit", "+x dmg", etc. will not change anything.
    The sets should serve to modify some skills so that you use your character completely different depending on the set you use.
    It is useless for two players to use set of q4 and set of bloodmage if both are playing exactly the same way using same skills, they just changed icons in the equipment, nothing more.
    It seems that what motivates some is to dress differently but to play as it has always been played, this is not diversity, we don't want clothes.

nikatar likes this.
  12. sargon234

but intelligent players( you aren't part of this ensemble by the way) want 1h weapons builds to be as viable as 2h weapons builds, key word: viable
    they don't want more powerful 1h weapons

Are you serious or what?There are already sets such as that, the sets in the parallel worlds, dragan to some extent is like that
    it's like you remained stuck in past stages of the game, where bonus sets were like that

You can make more 1h weapons and more sets like that, it's not difficult to get that, come one, you can also understand that, the baw is pretty low

Ahh yes, if you use q4 set and bloodmage set you apparently play the same, of course
    You have played a mage, so you don't know what q4 set does, but a mage that uses q4 set is going to be using chain lighting and lightning strike, while a mage with bloodmage will be using magic missile and frozensphere

Now i don't know about other classes, since i haven't played them enough, rangers are pretty much forced to be using q7, dwarves too and warriors too, although there was mention of a build using q4 set

It would be diversity, not substantial in any way, but better than now

13. MaxDisappointed

This diversity you are talking about is just crap but you don't get it. This don't make game more complex or fun. You need to read again the post.
    If this is your idea of diversity, you are showing to all the simple way you think.
    For you diversity is to have sapphires and use chain lightning instead of ice missile, puuff...

EDIT , you consider yourself intelligent for thinking like that and with that you mean that there is only 3 intelligent players in this game, the same 3 users who are asking for this crap through almost all threads in the forum.
    You done my week with this Hahahahahaahahha

Last edited by moderator: Feb 27, 2019
  14. sargon234

What do you think it is, then, if not diversity?

Diversity is having more viable end game builds, not having only of them per class

Sapphires offered more diversity, their simple removal made 1h builds even less viable

That's rich coming from the noob who wanted sapphires removed and then cried when gold line drops became more frequent

15. heror

heror Forum Baron

It is different to use ice missle than chain lightning so its diversity on its own

16. MaxDisappointed

A crap diversity, you are thinking so simple, your diversity is not changing any mechanic, way to farm or it does not allow you to explore new ways of playing different from everything we already know.
    The only thing you ask is: give me more damage with q4 so I can say to everybody: hey look at me I do not use q7 like you.
    Really, if we ask for diversity at least let's ask for a real one, not thinking the simple way, because your idea is to mantain the same game as now, for me this is nothing new and it's not going to make me have fun.

I voted yes to removal of sapphires and I was right in my tought, nothing is changed and sapphires were not worth enough to diversity (sapphires gave the "diversity" you like, the absurd one), to have one more cut of attack speed or play 1h with sapphires to seem cool, it's just kid stuff.
    And I didn't cry about gold lines, i pointed that there's no challenges in the game.
    Devs have been giving away more and more things and now any newcomer to 55 can achieve in a week what were previously months. And I'm not mad because of that, but it seems counterproductive if you want the players to play but you let them to achieve all in a few days, then they will stop play, because is not only goldlines, but PW item prices, mounts, etc.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  17. heror

heror Forum Baron

Just leave dso this aint the game for you then. There is one game called EDIT which has everything you mentioned

18. MaxDisappointed

I play it, but is funny to read how you think diversity is to use chain lightning xD

19. menestrelul

menestrelul Someday Author

Dude, you have a problem. You are a kind of virus for this forum, like the Agent Smith of the Matrix.
    You are on all the discussion topics ten times a day.
    The problem is that you do not bring anything new, just contradict the discussions.
    These players you attack, are a source of information for the game.
    They always bring new information from the test server, offer ideas and answer questions on the forum.
    If you think you know the game better than them, come up with new ideas or look objective at the current game issues.
    Let's see some constructive discussions, not just irritation.

Shine2, dkarl and Mal3ficent like this.
  20. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@MaxDisappointed ,
    Your views are your personal views, stop harassing other players just because you do not like their opinion.
    You are turning every single forum thread off topic, I can let threads like this one go slightly off topic, but your behaviour is simply irritating.
    Stop poisoning the forum, I have effective antidote for it.
    Consider this as a final warning.

Cheers

1vanka, Shine2, Bubble and 2 others like this.