New Journey

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Viglator, Nov 6, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viglator

Viglator Forum Greenhorn

Hello all. First of all I would like to introduce myself. I started playing Drakensang since I was 12 years old. Then I stopped becuase I got bored xD ;). Now 4 years after that I am 16 years old and I decited to start a new player here in Dso. My case is not a typical gamer's case.
    I started my new player in 15 October of 2017 this year (just 21 days) and my IGN is Viglator.
    Now I am a person that when I start a game I take it serious but fun is also a priority. So I would need some great advices from players here than know the game good but also new players are welcomed to make any advices to me here :). So first of all I need to say that I want to learn the game. I am a serious player and I must learn the game before I start serious. So some of my questions are those: (Plz me serious at your statements. This post can help also many player except me so it would be nice to be nice and not spam or flame be cuz I am noob :p)
    1] What is the best server I can start playing on? I am from Greece and I think that Grimmag is the correct server for me BUT I want a server that is full of competition and players.
    2] I am already 40 level now and I've made a DragonKnight but I am not sure of my choice. If anyone can inform me for the advantages and the disadvantages of every class it would mean a lot!
    3] Guilds for me and PVP are the priority in every game. I know that I am new to the game and what I ask is a little bit stupid but it would be nice if any of you guys can handle for me a slot in their guild. As I sayed I want to learn the game and be good at it.
    4] As for the payment now.. I am not thinking of paying to the game yet. Maybe some small amounts when I reach the level cap of the game but I do not like paying so much in games + I am a teenager yet so I don't have a job xD. Oh and someone can tell me if is worth it paying? Or can I be good player without paying?
    5] I am a competitive player and I always was. So I saw in the FB page of DrakenSang that Instagram Admin sayed that in the future they can add some tournaments in the game if the game goes well and not have dead servers. For me upgrading the game and inviting people is very important. I have told to 2-3 of my friend in school to start the game and they already did. So maybe one day me and a small group from here can play at a Esports Scene for the World Championship of Drakensang Online haha :p.

This is what I wanted to say. I am a student and for me my studies are also very important. I also play basketball and take it serious too. So because I am a serious player doesn't mean that I can afford playing many hours in the computer. This will happen in 2 years when I finish school hehe. So my time will be short but I wait for good players to tell me some advices that can help me save time and progress my character faster than other who play for fun.
    Thank you very much and sorry if I bothered you with my big post.
    Oh and sorry for my bad english too xD :D.

EDIT: This is my first post here in the english forum and I want to say a hello to all of you and to moderators too. I wish we can be good friends in the game and make this game great again! ;)

osiris likes this.
  2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello Viglator and welcome back to EN DSO Forum and Drakensang Online! It's really good to see you! We hope that you will enjoy your new adventure and find our Forum useful and our Community friendly and helpful:) We wish you all the very best!

kind regards.

Viglator likes this.
  3. Viglator

Viglator Forum Greenhorn

Anyone? Oh yes busy at farming xD.. Don't care about new customers/players :rolleyes:

4. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Hello Viglator, first off what server is your lvl 40 dk on? For players that speak English, Agathon is best but if you don't then for Greece, Grimmage server is good. Okay now to gameplay I will make a list to not make it sound overly complex but game has gotten way more complicated in 4 years.

1. Don't worry so much about getting powerful before endgame ( me guilty of twinking/sandbagging much to long).
    2. As you may have figured out, cyrstals of truth are out of game, and exp blocking is too, so identifying items is free now
    3. Crafting with enchanted items and core crafting is something you need to read about on drakensang wiki page, I am still figuring it out since it came out, Would take to long to explain here
    4. If you want to have dominant class in pvp pick SW or ranger. Ranger now I great class since 2013 because of new skill explosive arrow which explode on contact in a 6 meter radius, this make ranger best at clear large groups of mobs. For me go ranger path now or mechanic for simplified build because crit, and crit damage don't help the class very much especially in pve.

5. You have collectors bag and currency bag now to store all costumes, emotes, pets, and mounts( by the way epic mounts are now here where they go move faster and can look more epic). Currency bag is for storing, glyphs( currency to upgrade items), Materi fragments( currency in Parallel world to buy items on soul/pristine cores and more)

6. The items to go for if for in almost every class except SW for weapon wise are heralds 2 handed weapon and gloves in PW. This is for endgame play). If you have anymore questions( prob will because I can't cover everything lol) ask away, me or anyone else hopefully will answer, in game or on forum.

Viglator likes this.
  5. Viglator

Viglator Forum Greenhorn

Oh thank you very much -DeathRaider- :). Apreciate it a lot! I'am waiting for more advices as I have a lot to learn.

6. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi Viglator,

Welcome back.
    Hearing about being seriousness, competitive and all. Good planning with targets is the important part of it.
    Consider your first priority is to prepare your lvl50-55 game play. It's going to be tough.

Failed fresh lvl50-55 tend to see just stats & items. It get worst when they see only others OP stats & uniques. They too much focus on uniques and dreaming to get OP toon in instant. For example, spending to much time trying to get help from strong player to kill hard boss wishing for unique drop. Spending too much time finding a group with the same objective. Spending too much resources for something that are not necessary yet..ect. It will not be the case if they enjoy it, but it will be the case if what they did just to lead them to frustration & the feel of regret.

Please take a look a cdeepal SW when reached lvl 55. 12 days later and 3 months later. That's what I call well planned & well executed plan. What we suppose to think about & do is.. the process. Good yield is most likely come after the process done right.

As mentioned earlier that lvl50-55 game play going to be tough. Thus we have to be ready when we reached that level.
    How do we get ready:
    - Save blue, purple & red essence. As these particular resources will be a great help in getting through the difficult time in the process.
    - Keep it balance between loot for gold(for regular item crafting) & loot for GOP(for level up items). Later on we can make priority which one is needed more urgent between gold & GOP.
    - Use and maintain regular items from bottom and up(green->blue->purple->legendary->unique). As it is easier & cheaper to maintain items from bottom.
    - Save draken from events as many as possible. Plan a head what it's going to be used for when it reached certain number.
    - Seek answer & ask as many as question any where available if we are unsure about things, as well as seek advices for things that we need to consider to move on in better way.

Wishing you enjoyable time in the game & good luck :)

Viglator likes this.
  7. Viglator

Viglator Forum Greenhorn

Hello @gun
    The advices that you gave are really helpful and meaningful to me ;).
    So now I need to ask some questions.
    1) So I am thinking of when I go 55 level to delete all my items which will be not crafted at all xD (cuz I don't know crafting) and replace them with green items and then craft this items and make them blue ones and continue like this.. Is this right? Or am I wrong?
    2)Some people of my newly greek guild tell me that I have taken the wrong path because I am a new player and I dont know the game well. THey say that first I need to stay at a low level base and just make pvp matches and update my wisdom. In this way when I go 55 I will have a honor 50 and a wisdom 50 so I can be ready for the arena at 55 levels. So is this right? Do you recommend something like that? Or is the right path to level up like me ( I am 45 lvl right now ) and then farm items and be ready for arena.
    3)If I save some drakens ( I have 1k right now from the Halloween event) where can I use them? I am a tank so Lifekeeper they say it's a good choice but I really don't know :oops:
    4)I am going to be level 55 in 2-3 weeks.. BUT I still don't know what items to look for when I go level 55. As you sayed I can do the trick with the green items but I don't know how to craft.. Also If I have only regular items am I going to have a bonus? Sets have bonuses I think so maybe sets are better?
    For now these are my new questions.. ( Sry for my bad english )
    These questions are asked to all of you forum users so any help would me a lot. Thanks :)
    @Demon @_Baragain_ @trakilaki @cdeepal
    ( Sorry for the tags.. I just watch the forum every now and then and have been seeing you guys knowing a lot about the game so maybe you can help me too:rolleyes: )

8. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

1. Do not just delete your items and only replace when you find better item. Second part yes, start with green,( only with really good green though).
    2. They don’t make any sense, that’s a Twink way of things. Only pvp for dailies, be prepared though to lose most matches.
    3. What is your plan with dk? Tanking means to get the attention of monsters so they attack you, and leave damage dealers alone. Tanking is highly wanted at 55. But going for damage set up is a good way to do things alone. Life-keeper is best weapon in game for tanking. If you want to do damage set up then go for runes. Once you have life-keeper if you were going for tank set up then get hp% runes. For damage set up go for herald set at 55. Wait tell 55 to buy life-keeper if you were to do tank set up obviously.

9. gun

gun Forum Great Master

2. Raising Wisdom can be achieved by simply leap frog trick that does not need to hold character level. For current pvp system that is far from ideal. By stat wise, having 50 honor does not mean your toon is strong in lvl55 pvp. Those 50 honor mean nothing if your character under developed. Consider to develop your character first, then gain those honor points by using your developed character.

3. The strength point of Life Keeper is the ability to heal 0.8% of your maximum HP if you successfully block a hit. First you need high enough block rate. Second you need high enough HP. The weapon will not function properly if you don't have both condition.
    Consider to save your draken until you are sure about your priority and know how to achieve it. Perhaps that priority does need some draken to be spend.

4. Visit show what you have & Crafting 2.0 Results. To get the idea about what is good build & what is good item to use. Alot of pages, but i's good to read.

10. Viglator

Viglator Forum Greenhorn

Thank you all for you suggestions and advices. This thread really helped me a lot :). Now I think I know a few things about the game so I can understund easier some things. Also I joined a greek guild and people there are friendly! For any help I will ask here again. If anyone of you plays in Grimmag he can find me online and play together. Cheers!
    ~V~

Demon likes this.
  11. RyanED

RyanED Forum Apprentice

Viglator, just have fun and welcome back. I just started playing this game for the first time four days ago. I have a level 32 Dragonknight, level 16 Ranger, level 16 Steam Mechanica and a level 10 Spellweaver. All I'm doing is enjoying the game and having fun.

I am soloing and earning everything I have. I haven't had the luxury of meeting any friends in the game yet. I'm too shy to ask for help. I'm not going to worry about reaching level 55 or finding all the best items. I'm just enjoying every second fighting random mobs and leveling at my own pace. I love this game and I wish I had found it sooner.

12. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

You might want to look into joining a guild. A good guild can help you grow while helping you to make fewer mistakes. It is also a good way to make new friends. :)

13. RyanED

RyanED Forum Apprentice

I'd like to join a guild eventually but I'm still trying to figure out my way around the massive world. My Dragonknight is only level 32 but I'm just about to reach level 22 on my Ranger (I'm excited for the bird of prey skill).

I take it I'll be able to experience Sands of Malice and Rise of Balor once I reach end game at level 55? They look really cool in the trailers. I just feel six years behind everybody else. I don't know if I'll ever become as good as I want to be. I wish I had found this amazing game a lot sooner than I did.

All I can do is have fun and play at my own pace.

14. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Rise of Balor, the Lor'Tac maps, are available after you finish the main Myrdosh quests (kill Destructor) and are lvl 45. Then Sands, Qaizah maps, after Balor and lvl 50. Happy Hunting :)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

15. RyanED

RyanED Forum Apprentice

The Destructor sounds like the biggest baddie on the planet. He may defeat me many times! Now I'm a little nervous for when I reach that far. I'm going to need a lot of luck to say the least. :cool:

16. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Destructor used to be a major stumbling block for players a few years back. Now, there is a "normal" mode and you should be able to solo quite easily once you open up that map.

RyanED likes this.
  17. RyanED

RyanED Forum Apprentice

Which character class can make short work of the Destructor? Or is it possible to defeat him rather easily no matter what on normal mode? None of my four characters are all that well equipped so I expect a tough battle regardless.

18. Viglator

Viglator Forum Greenhorn

I think my post guys goes off topic :rolleyes:. If you don't have any suggenstions or advices then it's no need to chat here.
    Moreover, thread can be closed. I have some knowledge about the game now so I think I know the basics about keep going for level cap.
    Thank you all for your advices!
    Cheers :)
    ~V~

19. Erebus

Erebus User

As you wish, best of luck out there in the world of Dracania, best regards. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.