Feedback New Knowledge Talents

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by teddy.bear, Aug 6, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

There is no conclusion here. DK is a pure melee class. Even nerfed a bit, SW, Ranger and SM still do not have to ever face to face PvE mobs, bosses or PvP opponents. That is all DK's have, face to face fighting IF they can catch a PvP opponent, well the smart ones anyway, and everything else PvE is all toe to toe.
    Think the dev and CM test toons all have 60 royal gems on their gear plus whatever unique items they wanted to equip to play TS so they are measuring class strengths by their own free built over buffed toons. The reality is most live server player toons are nowhere near buffed like the dev and CM toons are so they need to take that into consideration before they think about nerfing any class, especially DK.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I thought this thread is for feedback not for whining ... I play all the classes and my full feedback will be posted when it is ready to be posted.
    Did you test your character properly? Do you have at least intermediate character? If not ... your feedback doesn't count ... because those characters die easily even on live servers.

shadow-whisper and Dylannn like this.
  3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Aw, come on, now. Feedback requires conclusions and exhaustive research? Didn't Teddy-Bear set the post for feedback?
    We both know a quick gut check, an emotion-based response, and a little energy will generate feedback, but thought and problem solving are just options. LOL

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Look again... this is a huge nerf for 2H DKs. I'll gain 10% weapon damage, but lose 20% attack speed and 15% HP. Is that your definition of "Power increasing?" And SW's decreasing...? Try a destruction beam that if used on a large enough group of enemies has almost no cooldown and HUGE damage (750% damage). Or consider the fact that there is no more 4 second immunity after being stunned, leaving DK's trying to catch a SW open to chain stuns. I could go on, but my point is that this release's wisdom talents and PvP talents are a disaster. I like what they have done with the XP skills, but the other ones are FUBAR ("Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition" in case someone wanted to claim I was swearing).
    And how about you translate everything first. There is a HP recovery option if you use MM to kill a monster. You also can get a run speed boost for a short bit after Telaport... basically a escape skill added to an escape skill.

How about before you begin the "Class X will be so OP after this update," you actually examine the skills and see the issues. The truth is that they are changing the way the game is played in a huge way and until we see it in practice (likely after it has already hit the live server), will we see just how bad BP has messed it up this time.

5. Jace_control

Jace_control Forum Apprentice

You are right in pve there is hp recovery but pvp?
    As I said in my first post
    If I go under 33% of health in pvp the cyanite shield doesn't help much if my life is a low % of the total, I explained that is more probable a 1-10% life than a 25-32% life because before activating shield SW usually has low defences and not having hp or mana regeneration or movement speed to run away can be fatal in my personal opinion same as can be crucial to survive having those things for other classes, yes we got teleport but also other classes have a jump skill that covers more or less the same distance, yes we can do 2 teleport if we use mind control but who knows if I have immediately the mana to use it ? At the moment I can't check if mind control has been changed and maybe has an option to delete the mana cost because test server is full (the first time I could connect only for a little before connection lost, I couldn't check and translate all) so if that is the case sorry don't consider the last phrase.

You are right about the chain stun when beginned if the mage is really fast it could work 100% of the time but I think it's hard that will happen and however you have the counter: immunity from dragon hide

For what concerns destruction I think it's easy to avoid it if you are battling only against that mage because there's time to run, different in pvp groups where maybe you have another player as target and the mage hits you but however in pvp every player should try to be less statical possible to not being continuosly hit also DK have to move a lot usually to run towards their target and the new charge upgrade could help a lot combined with rageful swing bleeding upgrade.

That is my opinion, probably as others said it's too soon to do conclusions, that would need a lot of test time and different builds testing too so this is my first impression that could be wrong, I understand there are others that thinks different, in all things there are pros and cons, it's always good to listen other points of view and this is also one of the purposes of this thread.

shadow-whisper likes this.
  6. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Wow, you just need to attack anyone who does not agree with you. I played each class on the TS and saw how useless they were for actual gameplay as they are nowhere near the level of my live server toons. And seriously we can't actually TEST 155 until it hits the live servers and we can use our built toons. I apologize that you have so much time to play TS and live server full time. It must be hell not knowing what the sun feels like. But at least you have a real life TS toon you've painstakingly built and are ever so proud of....whatever.
    FACT: I have each class, all lvl 45, in play on live server so I do know how each class works, strengths and weaknesses, etc.
    FACT: My main active character is DK and yours is not, in fact you don't even play DK and yet everywhere on the forums you need to give your input on how a DK should be played, what gear it needs, anything so you can get more forum points for posts? Build an endgame DK on live server then give your input on DK related issues.
    FACT: They are taking more away from DK again than they are from SW, Ranger or SM and leaving that class at a disadvantage. Ranged vs melee is all it boils down to, and melee does not need to be nerfed in attack speed, hp or armor because some SW, SM or RA can't one shot it from a distance.
    Now this is MY feedback about 155 and who are you to tell me MY feedback doesn't count? Get over yourself. You're no better than anyone else in the game or on the forums and your feedback does not void or nullify anyone else just because you want it to.

Szmaciak, Walt and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  7. Walt

Walt Forum Greenhorn

Completely agree with this
    Sometimes i find it amazing that people don't understand how much of a difference there is between the ranged and melee classes.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  8. Keep it nice, please kiddies. If you are a bit confused as to how to provide feedback vs getting snippy at other posters, kindly read THIS THREAD. Any further targeted nastiness will be deleted and the poster will be awarded with a free vacation.

shadow-whisper likes this.
  9. jole2211

jole2211 Forum Greenhorn

Well i was on the test server and we cant really test new wisdom talents because you gave us characters with wisdom lvl 5.But as far as i see I will definately put 25 points on dmg,12 on hp and 6 on attack speed and 7 on travel speed,those talents I am not going to use NEVER because there is no engouf talnet points.It would be better of we could chose on lvl 30 between 50% dmg and 50% block and on 50 lvl between other two talents.This way everythin would be balanced.Also i think that only DK schould have 50%block and 50% dmg because if you put in a pvp 2hnd mage and 2hnd dragonknight mage woul won in 80% wins.

Shiladitya likes this.
  10. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

Please increase the available points to play around with the first half of the wisdom tree, that would make the trees infinitely more interesting to customize.

11. skillarea1

skillarea1 Active Author

I very very love it, for release 155
    my sugestion for skill pvp 40 ( realese 154) example canite shield , final supernova, supranatural regenation, etc. instead that skill have colling down 1- 2 minute, better make less power full for usefull and more fun, example
    canite shied : increase armor and resist by 50% for 2 second
    final supernova: inflict dmage 250% of base damage for area 5 meter

thanks

12. xmageeq

xmageeq Forum Apprentice

25 points for hp/dmg/att speed/ movement speed ... I think if the points are lowered and adjusted better, there wont be OP abusing from 2 handed weapons, since those who choose 2 handed passive they will put remaining points in dmg and att speed... ( talking about DK and SW )
    Change 1:
    Just fixing the numbers of bonuses to 15 points maybe would bring some balance and diversity:
    15 points x 2% att speed = 30 % on max
    15 points x 2.5 % dmg = 37.5 % on max
    15 points x 2.5 % hp = 37.5 % on max
    15 points x 2 % movement speed = 30 % on max

Change 2:
    Just fixing the numbers of bonuses to 20 points maybe would bring some balance and diversity:
    20 points x 1.6 % att speed = 32 % on max
    20 points x 2.2 % dmg = 44 % on max
    20 points x 2.2 % hp = 44 % on max
    20 points x 1.6 % movement speed = 32 % on max

13. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

It's as Trakilaki says, EVERY class will be nerfed, and EVERYONE will lose the same things, don't worry about it. Maybe the game will even be more balanced

14. gwsytdfuy

gwsytdfuy Forum Greenhorn

Okay,
    The total system looks innovative and developer team have came up with new idea's. In one word changes are huge and now players have to invest time and have chance to optimize their skills a many different way and finally we will be exploring the new possibilities.
    After seeing the total thing i just want to know two different things.
    1. IF we remember right there was a special speeding skill for rangers and mages (for rangers shoot higher quality arrows and for mages their fireballs fly faster) and the normal increased speed in attack or increased speed in movement. Now question is the above mentioned SPEED increment .. what is it actually? it directly increases the speed or it increases the arrow/fireball flying speed ? or they are combined?
    Now if they are combined the arrows and fireballs will be extremely slow and easy to dodge by default . so we have to spend our points on that. Now lets see what we can get to balance ..
    First of all every mages will select the generating shield if life falls below 33% so - 15 points ..
    now we had 30% hp and 30% damage so we would try to get the damage back 30% so - 15 points
    now if we try to get the hp back by 20%(if not more sw's tend to have less hp)- 10 points
    now attack speed points left are only (50-15-15-10)=10 points which are ofcourse not enough !
    the only way to have this thing right is either making the values go up or reduce the point costs.
    2. what if someone who uses books choose the 50% block rate ? will it work?

15. shadow-whisper

shadow-whisper Forum Mogul

Uh ... I have mixed feelings about this....:confused:

On one hand, all of the old talents are now free from the beggining and we have some new possibilities where to spent points ..
    On the other hand, we lost 30% hp and 30% damage, and now we have to choose which stat to improve ? Not THAT bad, I don´t really mind I lost something if there is more options to choose from now ... BUT what I highly dislike is, you put the great, original, powerful 40 pvp talents, such as cyanite shield, into wisdom tree, so now every "noob" (not ment to be offensive) can get them ? And because of that, you even nerfed them with a 1 minute cooldown ? Sorry but I feel disgusted from this change ... all of the effort I put into PvP to get that lvl 40 rank for this skill ... all that time .. wasted ? :confused::eek::oops:

16. Kephlar

Kephlar Forum Greenhorn

in short, this update going to be horrible

17. trakilaki

The new Knowledge tree is hilarious.
    We lose our base damage and HP ... and yet if we try to compensate with those offense/defense skills per point ... there are no points left to select another skill.
    What a joke.

The other thing I must point out!
    I don't know if it is a bug ... but I don't think it is a bug because the effect is exactly as described ...
    this info is not correct!
    The skills were translated yesterday in English and it says:
    Juggernaut - 50% increased Weapon damage / 10% reduced attack speed
    it doesn't say if using quiver or shield ... which is correct because I have tested it with both quiver and shield and it is deducting attack speed in both cases. And that 10% is 10% of the whole attack speed not just -10%.

18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Does that mean a ranger can use both the 50% block and 50% weapon damage talent/skill at the same time? That seems excessive.

19. trakilaki

Probably yes just like any other class can ... all classes have the same skills. These info on forums are either incorrect or not updated.

20. matami

matami Someday Author

One thing i really don't like the new wisdom system is that the old lv40 pvp skills is all now useless. I think it's because of too long cooldown and i think it would be better if you raise requirement level of that skill to 30,40 or even 50 and cut the cooldown to something like 5-15s.

Other thing that really bothers me is the feeling that it's very limited what we get... I mean max level we get 50 points when max points are 150, that's only 33% what we get. I would raise it to 70 so it would be 50% and i would make it that 46-50 levels all would give 5 points per level.

And im not sure if mages Mana Crystal skill is little bit weaker than others maybe i would give them something like your elemental damages is increased 5% or frost effects stay 20% longer or something similar, small bonus .

but everything else looks nice and i like it much more than the old knowledge tree :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.