Feedback New Website Layout

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Mal3ficent, Aug 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Dear Heroes,

You can find the new layout of our Drakensang online website (https://stablebuild.drakensang.com). We carried out a few changes.
    We would like to collect your feedback on following aspects:
    • Does the appearance, the registration or the log in look differently if you use differing browsers?
    • Does the thin client display changes when it comes to appearance, registration and log in?
    • Are there changes for MAC users when it comes to the usage of browser and client?
    • What you like?
    • What you dislike?
    • What alternative improvements would you like to see?

We will evaluate your feedback once You provide us with the information.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Does the appearance, the registration or the log in look differently if you use differing browsers?
    Looks the same on IE, Chrome & FF

What you dislike?
    Language selection is at the very bottom of the page. This needs to be near the top.
    No link to Wiki.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

It's not an inviting website by the use of dark colours (black and dark blue).

There is a big orange "sign" with the word DOWNLOAD in it. My first thought by this is: download what? Is this to download the whole game or someting else.

By the current website there is a possibility to use a bonus code by VOUCHER. Where is this by the new layout?

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

It's still there on the page after you login. Just like the current layout.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

U are absolutely right, i "forgot" I allready logged in (had to otherwise couldn't give my feedback). ;)

6. KubQn

KubQn Forum Apprentice

Looks a lot better at the main page than it is right now, BUT after logging it it's a bit weird for me. That square with "Start", "Get andermants", "Voucher Code" it looks like force squeezed or that's just me and I need to get into that new look.
    Agree with that.

7. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Well, before I download and install the stable client I want to know.... Does it install into a different folder or under a different folder/file name... Will it corrupt my live server install where it has to be re-downloaded AND re-installed every time I switch between stable and live?

So far, from just the front end (without Dl'ing and Installing client) cosmetics dont look bad. Have to agree With MikeyMetro about the language selection... should be up top and easy to find. Maybe up by the SUPPORT | YOUR ACCOUNT at the very top, or at least next to the PLAY button

It would also be nice to see a current version of the news... this still reads R191 and also a window with current and/or upcoming events announcements displayed there. Maybe something like the trailer display... a scrolling marquee with current and upcoming events and the dates..

Thanks, Doc.

8. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

As others said i would also like the wiki button an updated news section and of course upcoming events would be nice.
    The lang button down there was kinda hard to find.
    It would be great if there was a online editor for our chars... For example if we could login in our acc we could modify our inventory without being online or something like that.

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

The server selection window would be nice if it were the same as it is now.

Also as an idea: It would be nice if the current running version of the game would be displayed somewhere on the site i.e.: "Current running version: R196_10"
    That would be nice to know when you switch between live server and test server (via client), so you know when to expect a new data download.

10. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I tested this on Opera, IE 11, Google Chrome, and Firefox on a computer. I also tested it on an android phone and tablet. Feedback:
    • I like that it is a responsive site. However, when minimized, the links in the panel where you have "Download The Client" didn't display until I logged in (although why I'd download the client if I'm on a tablet or smart phone is beyond me).
    • On my tablet, the Sands of Malice Trailer text didn't wrap correctly when viewing vertically. Horizontally it was fine.
    • Also, when trying to "touch" the Game Info dropdown to select either of the other two options, it would often close and I'd be clicking the 'Download" button. (This is on the tablet.)
    • I'd like to see a solid background on the Support | Login links on the upper right. They get lost in the background.
    • It would be great if the link to the Wiki appeared on the menu bar.
    • The last sentence of the Rise of Balor link has a typo. It should be "...the way the game is played...".
    • The Game Info page should be updated. For example, Grimmagstone Caves no longer exist.
    • I like that I can see all of the media in the Media page rather than having to scroll through like you do now.
    • I like the language selection page. The larger icons are nice. However it belongs at the top of the page somewhere.
    • After logging in I have a Welcome window that displayes my server, gives me the option to buy andermant or redeem a voucher. If I click on a link to view News or Media for example, that Welcome box goes away and I don't see a link to get it back.
    Overall I think it is an improvement but needs a bit more fine-tuning.

11. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

but just ignore it and go live with the site anyway?

being colour blind I find it hard to make out the dark image buttons with no border on top of a dark image for background.
    also, responsive yes which is good, but some of the content just disappears when on mobile with no links to facebook etc

12. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

We will pass your feedback further.
    Those changes are not final.

Cheers.

13. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I just think you need to hire a web designer.

14. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

The new client no longer remembers the char's name, so each time we have to type it in... This may be time consuming especially upon being kicked off from a game while on an important map. So please bring it back ;) The default server selection is good, but if people don't read what's written above, that may cause troubles and confusion.

15. Kingpin003

Kingpin003 Someday Author

What you're proposing is logical, therefore proposition shall be rendered useless. God forbid we can save our lengthy passwords too.

16. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Why the heck did you change something that was working just fine?! You just had to screw this up too, didn't you!?
    EDIT :mad::mad::mad:
    Via client sometimes when you click the play button it just reloads the same page over and over.
    When you finally manage to enter the game you can't re-size the width of the window i.e.: smaller than the default size, but you can do that with the height.:mad:
    Just revert it back how it was and LEAVE IT ALONE!!!:mad:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

Whenever I go to the webpage with Firefox I get the following screen (last try was on 13:45h):

[​IMG]

This only happens with Firefox, not With Chrome or IE.

Eridiani likes this.
  18. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Try going to https://heredur.drakensang.com and then logging in. I'm guessing that going all the way to "game" is the problem.

On a separate note: I'd like to see the error message on the vouchers go back to being either "Code has already been used" or "Code is invalid". It helps to know which is a valid code without having to log in to some other account that hasn't used it yet to figure that out.

19. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

How do we know when the server is down for maintenance/release/hotfix now, huh?!
    Previously the download/play button was usually removed and you couldn't make a new account.
    But now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.