No more XpBlock?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by furqanxx, Jun 30, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redkiller12

Redkiller12 Forum Great Master

I don't think new players have the same thoughts as you have.Probably,very few players might think to actually make a good twink in low levels(70-80% must have a level capped character in order to know about xp block),while the biggest percentage would just leave the game or play only pve and climb to cap-level.And that's because,of course,they're NEW players!As you said yourself,they don't know much about the game.So,they would just continue to do what they already know,to level-up,as they can do nothing in order to beat a 30 lvl twink who has stats for a 50-55 lvl.

And...
    Does that mean that a 25lvl has to have 10k hp 4kdmg etc in order to go for pvp?

Equiping themselves with new gear as they level-up doing quests isn't a "developing a hero"?

Friendly speaking always! :cool:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    trakilaki and _Baragain_ like this.
  2. Just because you didn't want to quit after getting bullied in PvP, doesn't mean others won't.

Just give up already lol, your argument is invalid.

I hope they even increase exp in PvP so that those who still decide to stay low level end up levelling through PvP quickly.

trakilaki and Redkiller12 like this.
  3. You can send gifts of wine and alcohol to the admins of this forum and we will forward them (note1) to the internal BP DSO team crew responsible for this most excellent change.

Note1: please be aware that contents may settle/evaporate between being delivered to forum admins and being received by BP's internal DSO team.

Nova, EhtovK, Gevilson and 4 others like this.
  4. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Hopefully soon.
    I can't wait for all the twink fodder to make their way up to the level cap so they can get a taste of their own medicine. :D:D:D:D:D:D
    [​IMG]

Hannai, trakilaki, EhtovK and 3 others like this.
  5. AbradolfLincler

AbradolfLincler Someday Author

Oh man! what a long time coming! RIP twinks. time to play with us hardcore farmers. maybe if we're nice...we might let you win 2-1...doubt it. please enjoy the pain. you wrecked new players for years. you made countless people unable to get their clover. time to enjoy how hard us true players hit. i'll enjoy this very much.

Hannai, trakilaki, EhtovK and 2 others like this.
  6. WankingIsSinning

WankingIsSinning Forum Greenhorn

Alright alright.. There is a lot on my mind here, and I'm gonna try to arrange that as I spit it all on my keyboard, but brace yourselves.

First of all I believe this is a terrible idea. I am a twink player, but not because I enjoy stomping low levels in the arena. In fact, I only play arena to complete my daily quests. What I am, is a pve oriented twink, because I like to push things into the extremes. I like walking in on dragan with a level 50 friend and telling him to stay back I'll handle this. Taking away the ability (at least from the people who do it by farming while still leaving up the option to just dump the price of a house into a level 10 character and still absolutely stomp everyone) just really saddens me.

If twinking is really that much of a problem, why not chose a solution that can profit everyone? In major MMOs way bigger companies than bigpoint went down that route. Alright take away the option to directly block xp with the presence of a high level toon, but give us an option to entirely turn off EXP gain. This would also put us on a twink list, where you would only ever pvp other twinks, and boom you would never be able to abuse newbs, while you would still be able to build any character you wish. This way everyone would be happy. No noob abuse, but nor stealing the months or even years of farming from a considerable part of your source of income. Sure newbs who don't get stomped might go and spend some bucks (but again noobs who get stomped might decide to dump a lot of money into the game to be able to compete), but upsetting a big portion of the existing playerbase who buy those premiums and occasional anders just like any of the "tough guys" who practice mouth karate in this thread doesn't sound like a good business move.

Now on these people who claim to be ubersuperprolevel55s. How can you loathe so much on twinks? EDIT Because if you are telling the truth about being an ubersuperprolevel55 waiting for us at the level cap to "show". Chances you have never met any of us, because your character was created in the level 40 era, when twinking existed only for money, and the real problem was pay2win kids playing pvp with red ess.

If you are really waiting for us, sure.. but it will take a lot of time to go up to 55 only with pvp. Since we can't farm any longer, we will be forced to actually do nothing but beat on newbs from r194.

"hurr level up, because the game only really starts at level 55" No sir, last time I played, it started on a loading screen, then went on a character selection screen and then I started playing at level one. Not 55, 1. I'm not telling you how to play the game. I'm fine if you want to spend countless hours grinding for your sets and 4 golden row legendaries to craft into your uniques. But I would very much appreciate if it would also go the other way around, because if I enjoy grinding countless hours to create the perfect gear and then upgrade it with suboptimal glyph gains due to not getting boosted by level 55 friends and only ever going at levels I'm comfortable farming myself, that's my business not yours..

Well whatever bigpoint is not a company to reason with, they will just push this change to prod without even considering better options. They will probably also add 5 new instance crashes and 5 new tiers of gems just to make the update meaningful..

Last edited by moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  7. Vz3ze

Vz3ze Forum Greenhorn

YA ! no more twinks. .

[​IMG]

8. stavro.cheliev1

stavro.cheliev1 Forum Apprentice

Increased XP? This will make the new players noobs at level 55... They will up the level quickly and wont have enough time to farm and upgrade items! This is good for me. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

[EDIT]

And now I know what you, guys really want! When I came here and I said that it's not good idea to remove the xp block, you all started to speak to me that the idea is great, great and great.. you just want me to cry, right? I just want you to know that this will increase the paying in the game and this will not be good for you.

A few days ago I sent e-mail to the Bulgarian support of the game. I asked: "Is true that BigPoint will remove the xp block? Or this is just rumor... or maybe they do joke to the payers to see their reaction? Because it's not normal BP to want to kick their money sources away from the game."

For answer they told me that the xp block is in the test server and still it's not official. Also they told me that from BigPoint are still not sure does to apply the xp block to the official servers.

So, there is still hope for me and the others. If they are enough smart, they won't remove the xp block.
    The truth is that it's very, very boring to be at level 55.

This is one GREAT idea! It will be good to give it to us as item from the shop or just option in the settings menu.
    You will understand me! From your post I can see that you know what you want from the game! you know how to enjoy it.

Although back the pages and see my post about the stubborn.

Boys, why you think that you will destroy us when we reach level 55? You know that while we reaching slowly then level 60 will be added... after this level 65..70..80......... so you will never touch us.
    But if BigPoint don't add new levels, we will reach level 55 and then we will kill you in the arena. Actually it's impossible to know that you will be much stronger than us, right? I guarantee you that your smile will disappear when I come to the level 55 arena - this is for the players from Grimmag!

I won't play DSO anymore for now... I will go to the King's arena in Kingshill - this will be until I see R194.. I mean that I won't play seriously. When R194 come and there really is no more XP block we wall will go to Valve and BigPoint will lose. I don't make adverts here! I just want to say that I will spent my money in another place for a while... after this I will back in DSO :D I will just relax because there wont be xp block anymore...

9. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Sounds like you shouldn't be playing an RPG if you dont want to level up...

If you think youre the games money source and twinks are so important you are highly mistaken. If the game goes in a good direction (which it has been recently) I'm more than willing to support and reward the actions.

You should leave! The game would be better off than your cancerous presence in low level arenas, insulting new players.

Oh and I will have the biggest grin on my face when I see twinks at level cap. All your seal clubbing has really gotten to your head if you think that. Seriously you think you can keep up with super toons that have been farming at level cap 10x faster than you do after someone finally takes your twink on a run after all your begging? REALLY hilarious there bud. You would get erased.

Zulily19, Hannai, trakilaki and 4 others like this.
  10. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Wow, you really are one of those top cowards aint ya? Are you that afraid of the competition that you have to stay low ranked just to kill noobaas or you only lack the skill to play vs evenly matched opponents? Dont reply to this..cuz you just did ^^

Anyways, please tell me again how BP will lose money if they remove XP block? The way i see it they are losing money because XP block is allowed.Twinks can kill pretty much everything at their rank with green-blue, they dont need sacred nor royal gems to be able to do that.At lvl 55 you have to invest in things like better gems, essence, revives etc.. When u are a twink with good stats u just 1hit any mob-boss with green so theres no need for you to invest in the things ive mentioned above.

Lets hope the PVP will give 100 times more xp per kill after patch 194.This way you wont be able to do a thing unless u dont level up.No more farm, no more events, no more PVP ^^ .

Hannai and trakilaki like this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Good riddance. I would rather see 75% of twinks quit immediately following this upcoming release than continue to have BigPoint enable people to be jerks (or any of a number of stronger choice words). The number of people who have quit because of twinks is likely way higher than the number of twinks in existence, so the "loss" of a handful of twinks can only be a good thing.
    I'd love for XP gain from the arena to be based on the honor earned. That way, if they have a mentor bonus (like most twinks do because they are the alt for a LVL 55 toon), they will reach level cap even faster. Also, new players will stay at lower levels longer than alts will and that will also help the newer players learn PvP without getting destroyed.

Agreed. BigPoint does almost nothing unless it has an impact on the bottom line. They must have finally done an analysis that supports what we've been saying for years. Here are some of my thoughts about how the analysis went:
    1. Twinks scare away potential customers. When new players see how P2W/poorly balanced PvP is at low levels, they make assumptions (that may or may not be correct) and they leave, never to return. The money that twinks do spend likely does not offset the potential lost revenue from new players who could stick around, spend, and then invite friends who could also spend money.
    2. Twinks are spending less money than in the past. I may be wrong, but I'm betting that there are not many new twinks these days with many of the existing ones having been cultivated over the past couple years. As such, many have the gems/glyphs/gear that they need to dominate new players easily and are not spending like they used to. In addition to the reason above, forcing twinks to level up will force them to spend more money to remain competitive and thus milking even more cash from them.

To all the crying twinks here, and those of you who say that it is just a rumor, you have much to learn. The answer "it's the test server and everything is subject to change," is the standard and somewhat lazy response when ever there is a question about something on test server. That said, 99% of what is on test server makes it to live server. Furthermore, Trakilaki runs the wiki and has contacts because of that relationship. If he is saying that the age of the twink is over... well, lets just say that you better get used to the idea of him being right... a lot.

Zulily19, Hannai, trakilaki and 5 others like this.
  12. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

everyone counts on the fact that the twinks will come to lv 55 but u are all wrong they will still be stronger than others for a few months and they can only play pvp with their characters, i doubt that more than 5% of the twinks will level up they cant handle not being low level.

Morinphen likes this.
  13. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

True.Depends on how BP will adress the PVP part.If they will make it so that the XP gained per kill to be few k times higher than before then they will lvl up quite fast from PVP too xD.

14. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

LOL, if you want to challenge you will have it at Infernal I and soon Infernal II. Challenge can't be found on normal levels.
    You think you are getting challenge to beat lv50 dragan ? Let me laugh here. Normal mode bosses don't have even all the
    special attacks / features. So if you truly wan't challenge, in Infernal I you will have it at lv55.
    And if it feels still too easy for you, you could always invite 4 players and let them stay afk and complete the map alone and tell them to collect the drops :rolleyes:

Hannai, EhtovK, _Baragain_ and 2 others like this.
  15. WankingIsSinning

WankingIsSinning Forum Greenhorn

LOL you think infernal is a challenge? I do have a level 55 toon and I do farm infernal, but it's way more challenging to solo a normal boss 30 levels over you.

16. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Much more challenging. Think about lv10 player with lv50-60 gear to kill lv40 boss ? Very easy.

To kill Infernal boss lv55 with lv55-60 gear, not so easy.

And if you are need of challenge. You could do it all naked, no need to use gear at all in infernal ;) See how easy it is :rolleyes:

Hannai and EhtovK like this.
  17. It's all about baby steps. Once exp block is removed, we might also get a complete rework on PvP that would balance it for everyone. Now that's not something easy to do obviously, and will take a lot of time but as long as we are making progress, i'm happy. :)

The exp block removal will be a huge step towards the game, allowing even more space for future updates that will even further improve the game.

18. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Indeed.The only way to do this is by setting up a limit for upgraded items ...and maybe gems like Baragain suggested.A +5 limit per rank like we have at lvl 55 would indeed balance the things up a bit...along with a max limit for gems...polished gem for lvl 30 ( or so..) like we had at lvl 40 when those were the best gems available.

This way if you are a lvl 20 for instance your items will be max lvl 25..your gems will be max polished and the impact that u will have on pvp wont be so strong.Way better than being lvl 20 and having all items lvl 55 with royal gems.Will improve the balance a bit and give the newcomers a chance to at least test this game.

19. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Pushing things into the extremes?, fine, let's talk PvE oriented here, and allow me to laugh a bit..., when I said "ill designed system" in another post, this included the PvE faction as well, first, the upgrading costs on glyphs of power at level 10-20 are ridiculously low (specially with Deluxe freebies), which means you might be level 10 player with an easily obtained level 40+ equipment, and gems will stack up from events and farming itself, it took my own toon around a year to get full radiant, back while being free to play, so, most likely your contributions on the money side will most likely stop after a year or so, which means that with a minimal investment, you get a toon that can both crush new comers in the arena and wreck through any event or map they put out there, you're just playing the game on "easy" mode, far from that laughable statement of "the extreme", which sums up your "request" here:

See?, you just want to continue the play on "easy" mode, both for PvE and PvP, and that's solely because BP has spoiled you for the longest time by allowing you to upgrade your equipment further than 5 levels above your current one and use high/max tier gems.

Oh really? :D, good luck getting matched with newbies when there's events running, allow me to remind you that from now on you're 99% stuck, you have no efficient means to get gold, glyphs, draken, any event items like mounts, emotes, gear, gem bags, uniques, etc., zero, nada, nothing, I hope you make the most out of your Draken savings because you will see none, any new PW maps you'll only stare at in YT videos, any new events with nice rewards or gear you'll only dream of, unless you decide to go the way it's meant to be. ;)

Oi!, you guys be sure to tell on open chat when there's twink fodder in PvP, I'll jump in. :D

Dude, you get more and more hilarious by the minute :D, every single former twink in Tegan I have crushed when I found them in the arena, they got very less talkative, and much less joyful after each match, you're underestimating Grimmag's pride, there's a handful of monstruous players that will give you a warm welcome there.

20. stavro.cheliev1

stavro.cheliev1 Forum Apprentice

I already said! I wont repeat one thing thousand of times.

Now I have one question: Why BigPoint will remove the xp block? No, it's not about the new players! The motive is another but also the motive is masked so you think that BigPoint wants to save the new players.

And why you are happy that the low level players will up level 55? You think that this will be the biggest event in the humanity history, ok?
    I'm not clairvoyant but I will tell you what exactly will happen.

1. The low levels players will press the icon of the game and enter in the game.
    2. They will notice that there is no more block.
    3. Some of them will be angry because BigPoint just stole their money for fun.
    4. They will up their levels... if now one twink is level 20, he will get to level 21..............
    5. They will become level 55 players.
    6. They will go to the arena and will play with level 55 players

That's all...

They know how to play the game, so the fact that they will play arena with levels 55 won't make them scare! There is nothing wrong to be level 55... it will be just boring, nothing more. The level 55 pvp is so boring.. 2H -> 1 hit... this is stupid... when you join for 1v1 for example, you know that the win is just luck... the player who hit first he will win! I watched a few videos in YouTube and now I know it.

If someone from here have youtube channel about DSO, just show your pvp videos.

[videos removed]

Can you find the difference? Which is more fun?

Now with my tank when I go to the Royal arena of Kingshill and there everyday I play vs players near to my level (i'm level 45 as I said) and it's big fun! Now I watching the level pvp videos in YouTube I know that this fun will disappear when I get to level 55.

This is the perfect quote about why the xp block don't have to be removed:

The low level players wants "to push things into the extremes"
    I have nothing more to say... I will up the level but it wont be the same.

And again: the fact that the low levels will get to level 55 won't change anything!

I know them

Last edited by moderator: Jul 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.