Noob Questions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MadMagnum, Dec 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMagnum

MadMagnum Forum Greenhorn

Hello, i'm a new Drakensang player, i like the game but i don't understand some things so i thought i would ask in the forum.

1. Is painful mode in dungeons supposed to be played at a very high level? I unlocked it at 30 but got owned, it wasn't much better with a group.

2. Me and 2 other people were doing blarkborg, a new player joined with the same level (33) and asked that we go to painful because he is extremely powerful. We listened and we completed the map with him, he was probably more powerful than the 3 of us combined. How i it possible to achieve this level of power with such a low level? We all asked him but unfortunately he wasn't very communicative.

3. I'm playing a dragonknight and i've tried tanking a boss, the problem is that after about half a minute the boss ignores me and goes after other players even if they are far away, why is this?

4. Is there an easy way of getting/farming a large amount of potions? Being a dragonknight i'm usually the one taking all the damage and with potions being so rare i tend to escape and wait to heal up. I know they can be bought with andermant but i am still new and i am desperately collecting it for inventory and locker space.

That's all i can think of now, thank you.

2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

1. Getting to lvl 30 takes hours to get to, so painful is not exactly made for newer players.

2. There are several options. First the player could have gone slowly and knew how to build a character. Second, they could be an older twink. Third, could have gotten very lucky with gear and have some knowledge on top of that.

3. Newer players are not going to be able to hold aggro as a tank. This takes time and the opening of talents (knowledge points).

4. I'm guessing that you mean health potions. Any map can drop them, but if you are struggling, you can go to lower maps that you can run without fear to get them. It happens slowly, so don't expect to stack them in a day.

Here are the stats of my new little tank (1 hand) that I started the other day. All green gear boosted up by gops. I can solo any painful map without fear (although I go through a ton of green ess).

It's not difficult to do, you just have to set a goal, melt everything, and boost your gear with gops.

[​IMG]

3. MadMagnum

Thank you for your answer!
    Could you expand a bit on the 3rd one? What do you mean by "aggro" and are there any specific talents or gear i have to get in order to make the boss target me?

4. Rhysingstar

Aggro is short for aggression. At level 46, you can add the talent point called "condemn" (under battle frenzy) that will pull all monsters to you. This is basically what a tank uses when in a group (for boss fighting).

5. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Aggro depends on 4 things: damage, distance, death, and talents.

Whoever deals the highest damage gets aggro. If they run far away enough, aggro will be lost. If they die, aggro will be reset. SWs have 2 talents (Mind Control and Guardian) which can pull aggro onto different targets but those don't always work on major bosses. DKs have 1 talent (mentioned above) that can pull aggro (and afaik, no bosses immune?).

_Baragain_ likes this.
  6. MadMagnum

Ah, i got it now, thank you!
    Is there a way i can view the original stats of an item, before i used gop to power it up? I have a chestplate that i powered up quite a bit and got a new one recently which seems to be a little bit worse. I believe if i melted the current one and put the gop into the new one it would be more powerful, but just to be sure, is there a way to view the base stats of an item and have it compared side-by-side with the other item? Thanks.

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

You can go to the blacksmith where you melt stuff and use the "Remove glyphs" function. That will restore your item back to its base values for a small price.

8. Rhysingstar

I do it the simple way. Left click on the item you have on, then right click on the item you want to compare. Click the + sign until you have the same amount of glyphs and compare that way.

No need to remove the glyphs beforehand.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. MadMagnum

Thank you both, i've got one last.
    How do you get ingredients for items? So far i've only had to craft stuff for quests for the story but i see there are craftable mounts and gear too. Are these things that drop later on? I've also seen some event items that i have available and some schematics that you can buy from gnob. If i buy the schematics and use them will they expire after the event ends or are they only available for the event but you can craft them anytime afterwards if you have the ingredients?

10. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

You get enchanments to craft on green/blue/purple/orange gear from drops. Unique items can be dropped but also many can be purchased from MF (materi fragment) vendor in PW and Grima trader in events. Mounts and pet parts are generally from events as progress rewards/boss drops.

Once you get a crafting guide it is permanent on that character and that crafting method can be used from then on. Although items like pets/mounts will only ever be needed one time (it's like the devs felt adding a surcharge to get these items was a good idea :rolleyes:)

You may want to have a look at this for crafting basics and this most excellent article for advanced crafting on the wiki.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

11. MadMagnum

Thank you all for your answers, helped me out alot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.