Only 1 valuable build ???

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Samadhi84, Nov 29, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samadhi84

Samadhi84 Forum Greenhorn

Okey lads, after more then 3k duels I came to conclusion this game has only 1 valuable build for dk which is 1h with wolf slayers shield, and old dragan for block... I dont want to play this copy/paste and be like every one else play style. So I chose 2h with maximum dps and I can win or take a round from almoust any 2h dk which is not the case with bloking fans. If I go full dps mode which is 3700-5400(outside of arena) damage, 60% crit and x3.15(415%) crit damage it is still not enough to penetrate the guys like Turkey, Ponos79, Prototype(Heredur server) etc.... I mean I can bring them to 60%(if I was very luky) of hp if I stun first, land an iron brow and MWS.... Your thoughts on how(winning the all in fat default dk) it should be done as 2h.

2. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Interesting topic.

Below might not the best way to answer the "how".. but it is fun to think about it.

Stat wise
    To look for possibility, perhaps need to find out what is the max offensive & defensive 2H & 1H DK can have.
    Then make simulation based on give and take hits until one die.
    After certain number of runs, the statistic will show the probability on each build to win and how much time to win.
    Depend on preference, one can determine what is the acceptable probability chance from the statistic.
    If the number of chance is good enough.. can continue to analyse skill sets & playing skill.
    If not, need to try different possible build available and do the simulation again.
    If no build can give good number.. might be 2H DK would always have less number of win.

Character Skills
    Based on above simulation.. let's say we have a build that have acceptable probability chance to win.
    Need to find out what skills usually used by 2H & 1H.
    Another give and take hits simulation but also including possibility of different skills to use.
    The simulation also would result probability chance to win.
    Take note which skill sets that have high chance to win against all skills sets that being used by 1H.
    The chosen skill sets might be the best possible sets that a 2H DK may use against 1H.

Playing Skill
    So now we have some skill sets.. and we not forget that we also include time variable in the simulation.
    In theory the time is the window where we can manipulate the skill sets to minimize or break the 1H skill sets chain.
    If no manipulation can be made, might need to include certain skill outside the sets to test also consider that this skill can be use in the time window.

Keyboard & mouse control
    One may have long fingers & quicker reaction time. If don't have this advantage perhaps need to consider changing keyboard keys for skills and.. 2 skills on mouse slots. Need practice to get to used with the new settings..

There are other factors may affect the probability change to win that is not listed here.. To me that is enough data to conclude my chance against 1H DK.

3. Samadhi84

I will narrow the input data. What stats are needed for 2h dk to win a duel vs 1h, 14-20k hp dk with 80/80(block/amour) and intermediate weapon(axe from ghost event). I am talking only about the cases when you land your skills 1st(stun, brow, mws) but this is never enough in my case. The few times I won were the fights when I landed all stuns and was lucky with crits while he missed most of the skills. But again I doubt those guys had 80/80 and their reaction time/skill ladning was below average.

Maybe I will record some fights in near future so you can see exactly the reason of my frustration :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The other DK duel option is based on heredurs pw tier III set. you would still need the old dragan pauldrons (black warlord set)

If you do 5v5 then 2H becomes a very viable alternative.

I am not sure if 2H is all that good against the very best in 1v1 but I have had some success going 2H in 1v1.

5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

According to your damage, if they didn't block and if you got a stun on them, you could potentially one hit kill anyone even with 80/80 armor/block.

6. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

You cannot onehit/win DKs that go for balanced (or rather 65%def 35%off) builds with a 2h-build. Or at least not consistently, you might get lucky here and there. In most cases they will just wait for the right moment to start the stun festival: jump, charge, stun, headbutt, bleed, charge and so on...I guess you know the tactic. And mistakes are allowed, because the def is that high.
    And that's what makes them so strong currently. The only real Anti-Dk build right now is the perma freeze/chilling q8 set of mages.

thebearreturns likes this.
  7. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Let's see if we read the topic clearly.
    What do you mean by a valuable build? I believe you mean what is a build which has the best chance of winning in duels?
    Then the winner certainly is the one handed balanced build.
    However, when it comes to 3v3 and 5v5, other builds can be as effective as a one handed balanced build.

8. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Hello I'm 2h DK 99% of the time in arena and PVE and I can say 2h build can be good and even better than 1h. A godly 1h build can be as good as a godly 2h build in my opinion I've seen both. 2h DK especially in 5v5 because you can 1 hit targets not using block with rage swing, charge and jump quickly. If you damage is high enough in 1v1, hitting opponents with 80% armor and 80% block amount only reduces so much damage. I find beating people with my 2h much more satisfying than going a 1h balanced stats in pvp...

9. Samadhi84

Guys... I have found an answer on how to perform much better vs 1h dk :) BWS with cutting aura(better range=>much easier to land and kite) needs to be added to your skills. Today I won most of my fights vs 1h who happened to be much higher ranks then me. You will need battle cry with the tear skill as well as dragon hide with pact of the dragon to get rid of stuns.

Universeea if only I had your damage ))) I can come close to it but only at a very high price of survivability :(

Thanks to your replies guys.

10. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Video please :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.