Opening Quest Journal Crashes Game

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -Wintersolstice-, May 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Wintersolstice-

-Wintersolstice- Forum Apprentice

Came back to DSO after a long break, decided to check out new expansion and event. Pressed Q and game stops working.

Closed client and restarted. Presses Q again. Same thing happens. Re-tried multiple times. Game also randomly freezes just running around.

Checked Resource Monitor, no overload. My specs are also definitely enough to handle the game.

Any ideas?

2. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I'd try it on a map without a lot of other players. Go to the dungeon in Silfmoor for example and then open the journal.

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Sometimes the problem is simply that it take a while to download everything. As @Dragonnns said go somewhere there isn't any other players. This way the game is not trying to dl everyone's gear, costumes, mounts, pets, etc. at the same time. If my cache has been cleared and the bandwith is crowded I have seen it take a minutes or so just to dl the compendium before the game unfreezes.

Also those little freezes you are seeing are the same thing. The game is downloading things and choking the bandwidth.

I avoid clearing my cache unless absolutely necessary due the this. The recent Win10 update cleared my cache and I was hating life ingame for a few days.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.