Suggestion Pets, Costumes, Emotes and Mounts compendium/inventories

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tilwin90, Jan 27, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

This is another feature I come with inspiration from other games, but it feels like a natural direction in which Drakensang should go.
    More specifically, I am referring to separate compendiums & inventories for pets, costumes (+decoration effects), emotes and mounts.

What am I talking about?
    Main screens
    A separate tabbed screen, each tab for one of the four classes (Pets, Costumes, Mounts, Emotes).

Tab screen
    In each tab there is an icon-like collection of all possible types of that class. For instance, a complete list of costumes would be available in the costumes tab.
    I would imagine that some paging system would be needed too.

Entries
    Unavailable entries would be grayed-out.
    Available entries would become "colored".
    The first time you earn/buy a specific emote, costume, etc. it is added to the compendium.
    From that point onward if you want to use it you only go to the specific compendium and select it.
    Mounts of course would be a bit special here because you need to be able to drag them into the quick mount shortcut.

Extra
    Would be cool to get a preview screen similar to the login screen where you can view your character in the actual costume/on the actual mount/doing the actual emote etc.
    This is like a nice-to-have but it is a nice extra for the players and might give them an incentive to purchase some extra items out there ;)
    I know for instance for the Ostrich there was a specific user requesting a screenshot before purchasing it (because he wanted to see how it looks like).
    This is a good marketing technique actually. I know a lot of mounts have appeared out there lately, and still such a hard focus has been put on them, why not sell them better too?

Actual results
    1. Free inventory space (structural)
    It's clear that everyone has realized the inventory problem is a real problem. Combination of gems feature presented during the last Twitch shows that the design team is addressing this concern and a good means of addressing it is through the combination of gems.

Going a step forward, older players are starting to have a real issue with the number of different cosmetic alternatives (and pets, which have an actual effect, admittedly). I am already experiencing heavy clutter which is for pure cosmetic purposes and forces me to take some weird decisions at certain points. Even though I might like a mount or another for its cosmetic reason (looks cool), I am more and more pushed towards throwing some of them away. And it's a shame really especially since the team worked hard to implement them and at some point I might want to use them (kind of bored of some at the moment).

This is a structural change I expect many many players would enjoy!

2. Have a global view of available items (collectors)
    Especially for people collecting various mounts, costumes etc. it's cool to be able to see how many of them you own. Why not make those players happy by giving them the option to view their current "progress" and have a big picture of what they are missing?

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I don't think you're the first to post this.

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

No, it has been request by many in the past. In fact early in 2016 the former CM's were making a big deal of this in twitch sessions. They called it something like a sticker page for mounts, costumes and emotes. Around last spring of last year they just stopped talking about it. Some time later we got tab VIII in inventory to purchase instead.

That solution really does not cut it; particularly for my older toons that have more than one tab of this stuff. I have to resort to using locker space if I want to keeps all the items I have earned over the years.

Whatever the devs were working on before I would really like to see that project revived.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

It will never happen because of this. They make lots of money on inventory space. What money I do put into the game, 85-90% of it goes for inventory space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.