Pixel missing at times? Also Cursor disappears?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Shansurri, Mar 19, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Two repeating problems, so I grouped them together in one post, even though they do not appear to be related (or at least, they don't happen at the same time necessarily).

1. My cursor disappears at times. As in, it's 'there' but the icon showing its location is simply gone. That's SO much fun during boss fights. In fact DSO should make it a level all its own-- "Boss fighting Sans Cursor." Sometimes it resolves after a few seconds or minutes on its own, sometimes I have to switch maps, sometimes I can resize the map and it comes back-- but the key word is 'sometimes'. There appears to be no rhyme or reason or pattern that I can discern (except that I tend to die when it happens, but that seems to be an affect, not a correlation. lol)

2. The middle pixel in my screen disappears at times. First time it happened I almost cried, thinking my monitor was going out. Except it ONLY does it in DSO. No other game, no other app, no other other. Putting it plainly, it's like the whole map is all filled in nicely except for that ONE middle pixel. Again, sometimes I log in and it's gone, other times it's there. In that case, screen changes/resizing makes no difference, it's gone until I log in the next time, usually.

I did try to search for any possible information on the forum, but if it's there, I'm not getting the right key words. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

3. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @Shansurri, and thanks for the information, both these problems I'm reading about for the first time, haven't seen any similar reports anywhere, I'd recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps posted by @Yogo (thanks, by the way ;)), and let us know if the problem persists, best regards.

Shansurri likes this.
  4. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Thanks. Both answers are good places for me to start. Looks like it COULD be a driver issue, I'll look into it more a bit later. Just to clarify, the pixel isn't 'stuck' anywhere but in the DSO client. Works fine as soon as I minimize the client. I'll try a screen cap the next time it happens.
    Thanks again. :)

5. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.