Playing on a chromebook

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ThiccMagic, Dec 25, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThiccMagic

ThiccMagic Forum Greenhorn

So my parents bought me Acer Chromebook 15 for christmas and i don't know if it's possible to play dso on it. Can someone please help me with this. I really want to play dso but i just don't think i can with a chromebook. And I know that chromebooks aren't made for gaming.

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Afaik, no, unless you can either get wine to work (requires intel processor I think at a bare minimum) or you dual boot it and install an OS that play the game.

3. ThiccMagic

well i basically have no clue how to get wine (i have an intel processor BTW)

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Me neither. But it should let you play windows games on certain linux based systems.

5. ThiccMagic

do you know if i am supposed to like boot my laptop again or do i just download it from the internet

6. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

- Open Google.
    - Query 'how to get wine on a chromebook'
    - Press I'm lucky or open the first link after search titled 'how to run or access windows programs on chromebooks'
    - Scroll down to skip the 'access/remote' part.
    - Follow the steps to install wine.

Get tired. Get some rest. Try again. Get some sleep. Install it. Try to run the game. Fail. Get here with the issues you are having.

Latest verified release is r161_27 under Debian GNU/Linux 9x. That was long long time ago. You gonna be lucky to get it working)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Long story short: No.

Long story long: Read Sebastian's post.

Trying to play this game with anything other than Internet Explorer or the client is more trouble than it is worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.