Producer Dialogue: Cunning Plans

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by RickTalrok, Jul 22, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parametriq

parametriq Forum Greenhorn

Call your new expansion "Drakensang: Tons of Bugs and No Loot". That would be most appropriate. After struggling tonight with most frustrating lags Drakensang ever had for almost 2 hours this "roadmap" of yours reads like a spit in the face. You even acknowledge that you have no clue what to do next and ask players, how intricate. And strangely enough players answer with "FIX BUGS (DUH)!", like they always did.

Who cares about your Twitch, Facebook and all the social buzz you create when its impossible to play?!?!?!? Who cares about 50lvl cap when we can't equip ourselves effectively at 45lvl(except lucky 15-20 no-lifers), because NOTHING DROPS anymore?..

About those drops BTW: while constantly lagging and dying tonight I visited 3 locations: m2, Khalys and Mortis. Legendary shield dropped @m2 during second run through from simple skeleton. Khalys hard was giving me 1 purple item per kill, the rest was green/blue rubbish I never bothered to pick up, after wasting 10k blue ess for nothing(oh I also got 1 smallest amethyst, can you beleive that?! My lucky day!) we moved on to Mortis, guess what, the drop was the same. 1 purple, 1 small useless gem. Ridiculous.

So now after 2 years of pointless grinding (3 Yachak gloves, 2 Yachak belts, no boots in almost 2 years -- just for example, its unheard of droprate in a drop-based game!), 2 years of pointless whining, 2 years of pointless waiting, I'm finally ready to leave this game for good. And no, I won't make a video about it like Crazyrabby and An0nym0us did... Cheers (P.S. Delete this post if you wish, who cares anyway)

Wyrwiflaka likes this.
  2. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Even worse, I've killed Destructor several times and gotten a one-purple-item drop. It is ridiculous - for the amount of time and resources you put into Mortis or Destructor - that you can get a one-purple-item drop. Those two bosses should have one legendary drop, minimum, per kill - and Destructor should have a high chance to drop two legendary items. Khalys should have a two-purple-item drop, minimum, not one.

We all know the top bosses in the game don't drop their uniques enough, either. The drop rates in this game 5UX0R5! That's why my play times have gone from 5-8 hours/day to 1-2 hours/day. If I could find cloaked wrath, that might change. But we all know how unlikely that is with the current drop rates.

Wyrwiflaka, moby31, Ash and 3 others like this.
  3. EZELIA

EZELIA Forum Duke

Dear players ,to my opinion ,the Cunning plans post ,is just advertising the game for gamescom 2014 that takes place now in Germany .
    We heard promises for new maps ,for better playing conditions ,but the only thing we got ,were those ugly childish videos.:p
    The game is full of bugs and millions of problems ,the releases makes things even worse, technical support does not exist. Therefore i cant believe anything of those plans and i am not interested to hear them either.
    I am only interested to see the game working properly.
    That is the most important thing at the moment.

4. Reciaco

Reciaco Forum Greenhorn

Hi Darly, i got a simple and easy question, why.

Why?

Why i CANT buy premium with andermantes ^^", got arround 14k, i spend like 50E per month at DRAKENSANG ONLINE , and it force me to pay 10E more to be premium.. not serius darly. Draken sang need Premium ass ANDERS buys .

pd: This game really like me, congrat Rick.
    pd2: Sorry for my english darly, it suck a bit ^^.

EZELIA likes this.
  5. yiannis_l

yiannis_l Forum Apprentice

My Friend, it seems that you haven't been reading carefully. Let me make it clearer for you: ALL the items each character has, are either bought or won with effort, for each character SEPERATELY.

So, since effort is made from each character, there is NO ISSUE for someone getting something free or without effort!

Now, If YOU decide to give something away for free, it's YOUR CHOICE, along with your responsibilities!

Thank you for your reply.

6. yiannis_l

yiannis_l Forum Apprentice

No, essences are NOT good, as they are now.
    I don't know about you, but not everybody has the money to purchase blue, purple or red essences.

Some people try to do the BEST they can with what is GIVEN to them, since they have NO OTHER WAY!

If what I wrote is only a trading/cheating system to you, I rest my case. Obviously, this is as far as your mind can think.

Then again, this is no surprising for me, since you have no manners at all. I would suggest to go back to your kindergarten teacher and ask her to teach you some manners.

7. Ash

Ash Advanced

Hi again. I understood every word you said.
    A trading system has been discussed for longer than I have been playing (1.5 years). Players would love it, and players know it would be disastrous.
    But this is off topic. Bring it up again in the right forum for debate, would be fun to see ideas.

8. Multi-Sev

Dear CMs:

(An idea for the level 50 expansion content)

How about a subterranean city and "countryside". The whole thing would be several leagues (many miles) underground, complete with temples dedicated to the dark forces that live there, etc. Players of a particularly popular RPG (paper and pencil version) will recall The Underdark campaign setting.

I'm not suggesting you directly copy anything from that setting. For one thing, I'm sure the content is legally protected. For another thing, I've seen enough Drow-and-Drizzt-stuff over the years to last 10 lifetimes. What I'm talking about are new creatures and new themes, but all far underground in a complex cave and tunnel system. Light would be provided by phosphorescent fungi/crystal formations in the wilder areas, and by torches and braziers in the more "civilized" and populated areas.

As far as creatures, there are many from which to choose. Blind cave dwellers, fungi-based life forms, reptiles, bats, amphibians - you name it.

I just came up with this a few minutes ago so I'm not ready with major plot points or the main enemy (enemies) yet, but if the CM/Dev team thinks there's any potential in this direction I can hash something out and get back to you.

Thanks,

Sevasten

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    trakilaki likes this.
  9. tip-top

tip-top Junior Expert

several aspects that artrebui take note:
    Old player who helped develop this game :) (not marginalized)
    -labor and financial contribution made by each player = reward
    drop any items unique it was that, after two years of Farmed in kahlys, mortis, destructor not exist drop thousands of kiluri without satisfaction (look it led to many players leaving the game)
    -the game has become very commercial and quality is very bad
    -balancing pvp
    This game has great potential, but you want profitfoarte very scurt.aveti great experience while other games where there now beats vantul.asa will happen here if you can not make the difference between players who play really and speculators :)
    -remove itemelecu variable values, we are not gambling :) player can see what works :)
    -every day lose confidence in this game by more and more playeri.dumneavoastra should be the first to ask yourself, why?
    Why not announce the patch and strengthening transparency and information monsters :) :) adds all players who are daily game feel those changes, even if they are not advertised and they only accumulate greater frustration :)
    I'm sure you expected to more players to enter into dialogue with your forum, this is the effect of frustration at what was said and what happened every day in games
    and one last question that I have not found the answer to any moderator: why change the character values of the entry in pvp, I personally lose about 100dmg.acele dmg stones cost a euro and time (even to this question to answer)

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Trading system is being discussed in many threads here and old forum as well. I will point you only few of the topics (1, 2, 3)
    It is not true that players would love it. So who want this system ... the answer is those players who want to cheat/misuse that system ... they want it.
    @yiannis_l My mind can think much wider than you can imagine!

Essences are not good now? Maybe you should play this game little bit so you can rethink again.
    I am no P2P and I have never bought anything in this game, including essences. I farm for them like every other player do.

So because you don't like my answer, I have no manners, you say huh? :D
    My friend, manners are not teaching at school or kindergarten ... if your family can't teach you properly there is no institution on this planet that would do so.

Sorry for the off topic I had to answer.

Wyrwiflaka likes this.
  11. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Just a couple of questions.

1. Is DSO US still a BP asset?

2. Are the US servers in danger of being shut down? Lineage, an older mmo, shut down their US servers because they weren't making enough money off of them. We all know here in the US that both servers are practically empty and that means little profit for BP. So are Tegan and Agathon potential liabilities that may be removed to appease shareholder expectations? (It could technically happen as we do not "own" our characters and we have no legal recourse so we could do nothing except say goodbye to a lot of hard work building our toons.)

or..

3. Why don't you get ONE North American central server and combine East, West and Canada into one and cut the costs of running 2 smaller capacity US servers? Maybe for once we could actually read chat if more english speaking people were on one server. Plus it would help in any future PvP balancing that may or may not happen.

deroz55 likes this.
  12. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

Am I the only one who still enjoys the game? :p. It may be just because I don't have full level char, I don't have the best equipments, and I don't even try to get them. I don't play actively, but when I play, I usually don't see bugs anywhere. Sometimes I experience lag, but that's because of my bad internet connection.

It's great that you still balance the game, add new content and fix the bugs. I really hope that the game will be a bit better next year.

Is there coming a mini-content expansion or will this (https://www.facebook.com/drakensang...0.1406273204./738364812876922/?type=3&theater) be part of the level 50 content expansion? Anyways, I'd like to post some ideas for new content.

-Desert-style area with andermagic crystals and poison clouds that damage players outside the safe places (like Shagri-La and Sulfur Desert)
    -Thundery coast with a portal, the player arrives here
    -Large ruined city with thugs and a few quest-keepers
    -Safe camp where the survivors of the city are hiding
    -Mighty andermagical boss

13. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

oh dear......can we have a forum filter to prevent other language to be posted ?

xEthnic likes this.
  14. semen470

semen470 Padavan

I thought this is a Dialogue thread, between the Producer and the community but where's the producer ??

EZELIA likes this.
  15. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Use hotline. :)

Multi-Sev and Guitarman like this.
  16. Piipero

Piipero Junior Expert

Now mister Synner if it's your account you very well know if theres used bot which makes you kinda sound like your asking "do you see that i use bot mister Talrok?" :D

Second thing if it's your friends who gave that account for you, you might wanna keep that information just for you eyes only because it's against the rules and i think that they will close that account :D

Third i think you are spamming here :D

EZELIA likes this.
  17. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

and ya... they have a life too mate.... and it is Friday here and if they are responding... likely to be next Monday only... :)

18. Multi-Sev

d00d, stop spamming! Chances are they are not going to check your account even if you beg them. It will get checked when they run the bot banning again. You'll find out whether you get banned when that happens. Then you can beg to have your account restored, like all the other bot users (good luck, haha).

But if you got this account from someone else, which it sounds like you did, then you can already be banned for that!!! BTW, it doesn't matter if it's your "cousin" and if you had "permission"... whatever. There's no account sharing in DSO, period! That's a ban-worthy offense! If I were you, I'd just delete all your posts in this thread - hope no one sees them, and hope your "cousin" didn't use a bot.

EZELIA likes this.
  19. Multi-Sev

Doesn't matter if he gave it to you or you bought it, you can still be banned for it. So, now, who's the idiot? I suggest you read the Terms of Service. See below for the parts that you violated (in green)...

8CODE OF CONDUCT
    The following is a partial list of the kinds of conduct that are illegal or prohibited on the Site. Bigpoint reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Bigpoint’s sole discretion, engages in any of the prohibited activities. Prohibited activities include — but are not limited to — the following:

• Using the Site for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
    • Reproducing, duplicating, copying, selling, reselling, or exploiting for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site or any Game;
    • Sale or other transfer of user accounts (other than on platforms provided by Bigpoint);

9TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
    Bigpoint reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and terminate the account of any individual at any time and for any reason including, but not limited to: (a) violation of these Terms of Service; (b) disrupting the play of any Game or acting in an unsportsmanlike manner;

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  20. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

everyone has the same range of choices : level 30 fame for a ranger has a corresponding level 30 fame for a spellweaver. let the player make the new choices. duh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.